Chapter 14

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

A visit from Gunhak a few days later was something expected, though a formal apology wasn't needed. They left Dami alone, as expected, and that was enough for Eunwoo and Rocky.

"Just keep your word and everything will be fine," said Eunwoo. "Honestly, everyone else knows about this by now," Gunhak said, sighing. "But I will keep them in line," he said. "I don't want to seem rude," said Eunwoo as he turned to Gunhak. "But it seems your packmates, at least some of them, are conspiring against you," he said. "You've noticed then?" Asked Gunhak. "Yes," said Eunwoo. "We haven't even seen the rest of your pack yet and Hongseok was suspicious," he said. Gunhak hummed, his head tilting to the side in thought.

"You work with my brother right?" Asked Eunwoo. "I do," said Gunhak. "Try talking to him, he could help, somehow," said Eunwoo. "He could, but would he?" Asked Gunhak. "You never know," said Eunwoo. "Besides, you don't have a pack like ours in the states," he said. "I'm from Canada," Gunhak said, deadpanning. "Same thing," said Eunwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "I think you have Chani and his coven, but that's really it," he said. Gunhak hummed in response. "I'll give it some thought," he said.

 

~



"Who's house did you say this belonged to before?" Asked Dami as she stood on the front porch overlooking the front yard. "It belonged to Yoonbin's family," said Eunwoo as he shrugged. "Why?" He asked. "Why'd he give up the house?" Asked Dami. "He wasn't welcome in his own home," said Eunwoo as he shook his head. "Yoonbin came from a long line of werewolf hunters, he refused to become one, and well," he said, sighing. "Oh," said Dami.

"He's happy where he is now," said Eunwoo. "And we needed to move anyway, this house is definitely bigger than our last one," he said. "How so?" Asked Dami. "Well, the werewolves and Hongseok were in one room, except Chanwoo who was in a room with Moonbin," said Eunwoo. "Rocky originally shared a room with Jinwoo and MJ, and then I shared a room with Sanha," he said. "It was alright, but whenever we had guests over it was too crowded," he said.

"I can see why you needed to move," said Dami as she looked around the exterior of the house. "Yeah," said Eunwoo. "So what's the room layout now?" Asked Dami. "Donghyuk and Junhoe share a room, Bobby has a room to himself, Jinhwan also has a room to himself and Yunhyeong shares his room with Hongseok," said Eunwoo. "For us 'shifters it's basically the same layout as before, except now Rocky and I share a room with you, and Jinwoo and Sanha share a room," he said. "And of course, Moonbin and Chanwoo have a room to themselves," he added. "I see," said Dami.

"I think I want to start gardening," Dami said suddenly as she noticed a flower bed. "Oh?" Asked Eunwoo as he blinked, following after Dami as she went over to the flower bed. "I remember that Luna did this to help her," said Dami as she looked at the area. "We should ask Moonbin," said Eunwoo. "I'm sure he'll be fine with it but," he said shrugging. "It's getting colder," remarked Dami. "I'm sure it'll be easier to do gardening in the spring," she said. "Ah, that's true," said Eunwoo.

Footsteps caught Eunwoo's attention as he immediately turned towards them, spotting Wooseok walking over with his hands in his pockets. Two people Eunwoo didn't recognize stayed nearby, pretending to have a conversation though Eunwoo suspected that they were taking in their surroundings.

"Hey bro," said Eunwoo. "Hello Dongmin," said Wooseok. Eunwoo raised an eyebrow as he put his hands in his pockets, listening to Dami shift her weight from one foot to the other behind him. "You only call me that when something serious is coming up," he said.

"Is what happened with Gunhak true?" Asked Wooseok. "From what Hongseok witnessed himself, yes," said Eunwoo. "Hongseok has no reason to lie to me, and even if he did Yunhyeong would've gotten the truth out of him," he said.

"Why?" He asked. "He came to me with a problem, and I'm not sure how to handle it," said Wooseok. "Said something about two of his own planning on either killing or turning your mate, he suspected that they were conspiring against him," he said.

"Ah, he wants to merge his pack with yours?" Asked Eunwoo. "He asked if it was a possibility," said Wooseok. "However, not everyone in the pack is for that sort of thing," he said. "Is the two behind you for it?" Asked Eunwoo. "No," said Wooseok. "Which is why I brought them with me," he said. "They wanted to know how you guys ran things when the pack is split in two," he added.

"Who are they?" Asked Eunwoo. "Hwanhee, Jinwook come over here," called Wooseok as he turned to his packmates. Hwanhee and Jinwook walk over, eyeing Eunwoo with steady gazes. Eunwoo studied them with his head held high, standing straighter as he crossed his arms.

"Jesus," said Wooseok as he sighed. "You two are worse than Changhyun and Sunyoul!" He said, turning to Hwanhee and Jinwook before slapping them both over the back of their heads. "This is my brother for god's sake, relax," he said. Hwanhee rubbed the back of his head, looking sheepish. Jinwook chuckled slightly. "Sorry," he said. "Would I ever do anything in my own front yard? Come on," Eunwoo said with a snicker as he relaxed, his posture slumping slightly. "He has a point," Wooseok said, laughing some as he scratched the back of his head.

"Anyway," said Eunwoo. "It's nothing major," he said. "How we run our pack anyway," he added. "We leave werewolf only decisions to them, and 'shifter decisions to us," he said. "And if it involves both packs that's when everyone comes together to come to a decision," he said. "I see," said Wooseok. "It works better than you think," said Eunwoo. "We haven't gone mad yet anyway," he added. "Right," said Wooseok.

"It wasn't meant to be like this anyway," said Eunwoo. "If Chanwoo hadn't fought so hard to get his brothers to join, iKon wouldn't be with us today," he said. "Jinhwan and Yunhyeong?" Asked Wooseok. Eunwoo nodded. "Family's always been important," he said. "Which was how he got Moonbin to agree to letting them join," he said. "That was many years ago though," he added.

"I imagine it was rough for a while," said Wooseok. "It was, but we worked things out with them," said Eunwoo. "We had a smaller house than our last one to top it off," he added. "Then we moved, and stayed in the last house until recently," he said. "They're just happy to be out of where they were," he said. "I can understand that," said Wooseok.

"We should get going then," said Hwanhee as he got a text. "They're expecting us to be back really soon," he said as he checked his phone. "Did I manage to change your mind?" Asked Eunwoo. "That's yet to be seen," said Jinwook. "We'll have a lengthy discussion back home then," said Wooseok. "It's good seeing you agian, Eunwoo, Dami," he said, nodding. Eunwoo nodded. Dami nodded in return. Wooseok nodded, turning and leaving with his packmates.

"So, about that garden?" Eunwoo asked suddenly when he was sure they were gone as he turned to Dami. "I think it's a good idea," hummed Dami as she nodded. "I'll talk to Moonbin about it," said Eunwoo. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all," he said. Dami nodded.