Chapter 13

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

Dami found herself spending time with Hongseok, as he had some free time and Eunwoo and Rocky had to work at the coffee shop today to make sure that Ricky, Chunji, Jeongwoo and Yoonbin were able to handle things. The werewolves had gone on missions, and the other members of Moonbin's pack were out checking on the information network.

"Why do you work at the hospital?" Asked Dami as she was getting some things from the store with Hongseok. "Why? I dunno," said Hongseok. "I've always been a medic, so it was natural for me I guess," he said. "I see," said Dami. "Why do you ask?" Asked Hongseok. "I was just curious," said Dami. "Ah," said Hongseok as he nodded.

"Do you think you're babysitting me?" Dami asked suddenly as she turned to Hongseok. Hongseok blinked. "No," he said. "Why do you ask?" He asked. "It's- It's just that everyone else is busy," said Dami. "And I understand that it's to keep me from getting taken by them again but," she mumbled, turning back to the shelf she was looking at. Hongseok sighed. "It's nothing of that sort," he said. "I mean our scents probably overpower yours, so I dunno but," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"According to Chani it did," said Dami. "Yes, but you were in the coffee shop," said Hongseok. "I dunno how long it would stay on you if we left you alone for a day," he said. "I doubt anyone wants to try it but," he said, shrugging. "In case you were taken again," he added. "I see," said Dami as she turned back to Hongseok. "Done getting what you needed?" Asked Hongseok. "Yeah," said Dami before she went to the checkout lines. Hongseok followed after her.

"Fancy seeing you here," said Gunhak as he ran into them as they left the store. "I'm not alone," said Dami as Hongseok stood behind her. "I know," said Gunhak. "To see you without the other two is a bit surprising is all," he said. "Where's the rest of your pack?" Asked Hongseok. "Off doing whatever it is they're doing on their days off," said Gunhak as he stared down Hongseok. "I may be alpha but I'm not that controlling," he said, moving passed them and bumping shoulders with Hongseok.

"He's one cocky werewolf," grumbled Hongseok as he noticed two other werewolves watching them from a distance. "Cocky? That's quite an understatement," said Dami as she shook her head. "Let's head home," she said. "Yeah... Let's," said Hongseok as he walked with her back to the jeep. Dami noticed the tense atmosphere from Hongseok but tried to ignore it, though she had a feeling there would be a confrontation soon.

As they reached the jeep the two werewolves Hongseok spotted before suddenly surrounded them both, causing Hongseok to go into protective mode as he kept Dami behind him with their backs to the jeep. "The hell do you two want?" Growled Hongseok as he eyed the werewolves.

"We got a cocky werewolf on our hands," mocked one of the werewolves. "Do you know who we work for?" He asked. "I know who your alpha is, and he's cocky as hell," spat Hongseok. "Didn't it ever occur to you that he's like that for a reason?" Asked the first werewolf.

"Oi," came Gunhak's voice as he walked over. "What the hell are you two doing, Keonhee and Seoho?" He asked. "The human's marked, what the hell do you think we're doing?" Asked Keonhee as he turned to face Gunhak. "She's claimed," said Gunhak. "Or did you two forget?" He asked. "I went into the store to get one thing and I come back to this?" He asked, glaring at Keonhee.

"I-I," said Keonhee as he flinched from the sudden alpha aura coming off of Gunhak. "Leave them be, she's claimed," said Gunhak. He then turned to Hongseok and Dami, Hongseok still tense in their presence and Dami shaking in fear behind him. "I'm sorry," he said. "This is pure coincidence that we met, I wasn't aware that they'd do this," he said, bowing.

Hongseok blinked, relaxing slightly. "...Okay," he said after a few minutes. "Just keep them in line alright?" He asked. "Like you said, Dami's claimed," he said. Gunhak nodded, turning to Keonhee and Seoho. "Let's go," he said, walking away from Hongseok and Dami. Keonhee and Seoho quickly followed after him.

"Jesus," said Hongseok as he fully relaxed, sighing loudly as he turned to Dami. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Y-Yes," said Dami, trying to keep the fear out of her voice. "Let's head home then?" Asked Hongseok. "C-Coffee shop," said Dami. "Can we h-head there?" She asked. "Of course," said Hongseok as he nodded, getting her to sit in the passenger side of the jeep while he quickly moved to the driver's seat. He started the jeep and backed out of his parking space before driving off, heading to the coffee shop.

Dami didn't relax until she was in a familiar setting, sitting down at a table while Hongseok went to get their order of coffee. Things like what had happened reminded her that she was still human. Still vulnerable to the world, at least compared to those she surrounded herself with. When Hongseok explained what had happened Rocky was the first to walk over since he was delivering drinks, sitting down across from her with a concerned look on his face.

"What happened?" Asked Rocky. "We- we were out getting stuff that I needed and t-they just," said Dami as she shivered. Rocky reached over and held her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "It's okay," he said. "W-What's going to happen to me?" Asked Dami. "Nothing," said Rocky. "Nothing will happen to you, okay?" He asked. "Not if we have any say in it," he said.

Eunwoo walked over after Hongseok took his place, bringing along Dami's coffee as he sat in a chair between Rocky and Dami. "It's okay," he said, pushing over the cup before putting a hand over Rocky and Dami's hands. "They won't do that again," he said. "And if they do?" Asked Dami. "They won't," said Eunwoo.

"How can you be so sure?" Asked Dami as she took the cup and took a small sip of coffee. "They'd be messing with us, and we outnumber them," said Eunwoo. "Trust me, okay?" He asked. Dami nodded.