THE LONGEST ELEVATOR RIDE

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun sighed heavily as she was greeted by the remaining stack of file placed on her desk. Yeri decided to stay behind and help her sort out the documents that she will be needing for their quarterly meeting.

The report is actually prepared with the help of the intern, Jennie, who has been very accommodating to her requests. She admires her brilliance and initiative in every task she gives her.

Her presence has added a cheerful vibe around their office, as she and Yeri are getting along so well.

Jennie also gained the attention of the people around them. More and more of the employees who used to just walk past her desk are now stopping by to greet her as well.

 

But Jennie asked to leave early today for a family emergency, so she’s left with Yeri the entire afternoon sorting the papers. It would have been done earlier if only she arrived work in the morning, but she was feeling a little under the weather when she woke up.

She’s still not feeling well, but work is work.

 

She looked up and saw that it’s already half past midnight. Yeri suddenly stirred beside her.

The cheerful girl is now stifling a yawn as she sorts the last couple of documents on her desk.

“Yeri-ah, I’m really sorry about dragging you into this. Let’s have a really good dinner after this, ok?” She smiled at her hoping that she’s not cursing her behind her back.

When they have settled the papers down, Joohyun and Yeri made their way outside of their office and started talking about food. Yeri wanted to eat something greasy, like a burger or cheesy pasta, while Joohyun just wants something hot to fill her stomach.

 

The elevator door opened, and Joohyun hesitated a bit. It was the faulty elevator.

But Yeri is already inside it, so she joined her and pressed the ground floor button. They stopped at the 17th floor, and a pretty lady walked in. Another stop on the 14th floor, and two more ladies joined them.

Joohyun took a mental note on what the 17th and 14th floors are. She knew 17th is for Advertising and Media, and 14th is where they check everytime they have problems with their servers. She saw the other girl,who smiled at her.

She was the female IT manager who was recruited from Canada, and she has consulted with her before for a digital campaign project.

They were at the sixth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter