BACK TO THE BISTRO

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun greeted Hye-kyo as soon as she entered Happiness Cafe, the coffee chain she invested along with Seulgi, Joy, Wendy and Yeri.

 

Hye-kyo, who now lives in Seoul with her husband and baby girl, works as the baker of their cakes and pastries. Their little cafe was recently known to the public as The House of The Perfect Red Velvet, which was her recipe.

 

“How are you, Joohyun?” Hye-kyo asked her.

 

“Nervous.” She grinned at her. Mino was about to come home from Italy after a year. He graduated last month, and she was there with Jiyong and Jennie. Mino stayed for another month to research for the Italian restaurant he plans to build once he gets back.

 

“What time does he arrive?” She asked Joohyun.

 

“In an hour, actually. I just dropped by to check in.” She told her, while checking her watch.

 

“Well, you should get going now. You don’t want to be stuck in traffic.” Hye-kyo winked at her.

 

On her way out, she saw Suhyun and Yeri going to the cafe.

 

All the original staff at the bistro has been given their new places. Yunhyeong remained as the head chef at W Bistro, Jaewon works as a part-time bartender at the MOBB, Chanwoo works at the ICC office under Seunghoon, Donghyuk now works as a marketing executive at ONE Brewery and Suhyun works for them at Happiness Cafe.

 

“Are you going to welcome back Chef Song?” Yeri asked her.

 

“I’m on my way now. I hope the traffic isn’t that bad.” She told them as she dashed outside.

 

“Tell him we said hi!” Suhyun followed on her way out.

 

Joohyun drove Audrey to the airport and tried her best to stay away from traffic. She looked at the passenger seat and smiled at the bouquet of assorted flowers she got for him. The same bouquet she had in her dreams on her way back from LA.

 

--------

 

Mino almost run to the exit as the plane landed back to his hometown.

 

He can’t wait to see Joohyun. Sure, he just saw her and spend a week with her last month, but that only made him miss her more. And now that he’s back, his pocket felt heavy at the gift he had for her.

 

“Master Song!”

 

Mino looked ahead and saw Junhoe. His eyes started to search for Joohyun, but it seems like she’s nowhere near. He was about to swallow his disappointment when a familiar voice called him.

 

“Bub!”

 

He turned to see Joohyun running to him with a wild bunch of flowers in her hand. Mino started to laugh as soon as he saw her and ran to meet her halfway too.

 

“Oh my god, bae. I missed you.” He hugged her tightly, almost crushing the flowers she was holding.

 

“I love you.” Joohyun answered him as soon as he let go of her. He smiled at her, with hunger in his eyes as he leaned to kiss her.

 

Junhoe cleared his throat behind them, and Mino turned to greet his loyal assistant.

 

“Welcome back, Master Song.” Junhoe said, trying to fight the tears in his eyes.

 

“Come here, kid.” Mino ushered him for a hug and Junhoe went in. Mino saw Joohyun giggling as Junhoe sobbed.

 

“It’s nice to see you back, Master Song.” He said as he pushed the trolley with Mino’s luggage.

 

“Nice to see you again, Junhoe. Got yourself a girlfriend?” Mino asked, making his assistant blush.

 

Joohyun slipped her hand in his and they started to walk out of the airport. “He’s got his eyes on Jennie’s friend, Rose.”

 

“I knew it.” Mino smiled back at her. Joohyun leaned closer again and kissed him.

 

“What’s with the flowers?” He asked looking at the bouquet she still has in her hands.

 

“Oh, right. This is for you.” She blushed at him.

 

“I don’t need a whole bouquet of flowers, bae. In fact, I only have one flower in mind.” He grinned at her, making Joohyun blush harder.

 

“Stop it, Mr. Song.”

 

“That’s my tomato bae.” Mino dipped his head and kissed her this time.

 

“Um, this way, Master Song.” They heard Junhoe talk from the other side of the driveway. Their little moment got them off-track on where to go.

 

Exchanging silly laughs, Bub and Bae followed Junhoe out of the airport.

 

--------

 

“So what do we call it now?” Joohyun asked Mino as they drove to the new driveway of the Dungeon, which doesn’t look like the same Dungeon she used to know.

 

“It’s called the Kwon Castle.” Mino said while shaking his head.

 

“What?” Joohyun asked.

 

“Don’t ask. Jennie gave the name after watching that drama Sky Castle.” Mino said, laughing a little.

 

Junhoe stopped at the second lot, his house, and Mino found himself checking his pocket again.


 

As soon as they left the car, Mino stepped back and checked his new home from the outside. It’s a two-storey brownstone house that Dara and Jiyong helped build for him while he was away.

 

He stopped in front of the door and looked at Joohyun. His hand went to his pocket and smiled as she saw him reach for what’s inside it.

 

“Close your eyes.” He instructed Joohyun.

 

She closed her eyes and Mino held her hand.

 

--------

 

Interestingly, Mino put her palm up. Something heavy fell in her hand and she held into it.

 

Was she expecting an engagement ring? Yes.

Does this feel like an engagement ring? No.


 

She opened her eyes and saw a set of keys in her hand. She looked up to Mino and saw him beaming with happiness. Joohyun tried to hide her frustration as she matched the smile etched on Mino’s handsome face.

 

“What’s this, bub?”

 

“The key to our new house.” He told her as his eyes filled with pride.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter