WORDS OF COMFORT

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara sat beside Jiyong waiting for her father’s release.

Since the case against Jaejoong is now in full force, her father was allowed to post bail as the investigation is still ongoing.

There’s a flurry of footsteps leading to them, making them stand and hold hands.

Dara saw Teddy first, smiling at them. And right behind him was her father. Her eyes started to tear up as he opened his arms to her.

“My Dara…”

She walked up to him and buried herself in his arms. She felt Jiyong stand beside them. Her father let her go and gave her husband a hug,

“Thank you, son.”

Jiyong looked relieved but she knows there are still things worrying him. A quiet understanding passed between him and her father.

“Let’s get out of here. I can’t wait to see my grandchildren.” Her father motioned to leave the place that held him away from them.

 

--------

 

“So, he took off?” Park Jaesang asked Jiyong once they found a pinch of time away from their families.

“He’s still here. Hiding.” He simply told his father-in-law.

“How can you be sure? He could easily sneak at a port and ferry his way to Japan.” The old man doubted.

“I already have Jung Yunho’s half brother tail him there. He’s still here. In fact, I think he’s still in Seoul.” Jiyong shared.

“Let’s just hope I don’t run into him, because I won’t be able to control my urge to harm him.” Jaesang spoke as he lifted his drink to his mouth.

“You have to get in line, Mr. Park.” Jiyong smirked at him, emptying his drink as well.

 

---------

 

Mino sat at the patio looking at nothing but the emptiness of the grey skies above him.

“Boss,” He heard Jaewon call him.

“Hey kid, how’s everything?” He motioned for him to join him outside.

Jaewon shrugged and heaved a sigh. “I should be the one asking you that. Lee sajangnim told me.”

Mino smiled to himself. Seunghoon really needs to shut his mouth, and the thought that he’s now a sajangnim amuses him.

“Remind me to shut him up next time, will you?” He chided the young guy beside him.

“I heard Dr. Kwon’s father is out now.” Jaewon changed the subject.

“Yes. They’re at the Parks right now.” He was supposed to join them, but he chose to stay at the Dungeon.

“You think they’ll get Mr. Kill Joy?” His question made him laugh.

“Mr. Kill Joy?” He asked Jaewon.

“You know, KJ. Mr. KJ. It’s what we call him--me, Hanbin and Jennie.” Jaewon smiled and quickly erased it at the mention of his friends.

 

“How’s Hanbin?” Mino asked, sensing his change of mood.

“I don’t even know where he is now.” He looked defeated.

“He’ll come around.” Mino assured him.

“I know that. I just hope it’ll be sooner. Jennie needs him.” He answered back.

Mino patted his back and gave an encouraging smile. “You’re a good man, Jaewon.”

“You’re one to talk, boss.” Jaewon offered him.

 

They fell into silence until the younger guy spoke again.

“Have you talked to my sister?”

Mino shifted in his seat and nodded. “I did. Are you really sure you want to sell the brewery to ICC?”

“Hundred and one percent, boss. It’s all yours.” He smiled truthfully to him.

Jaewon offered to sell the brewery to them, having no plans to really manage it. As his sister is handling the business as of the moment, he asked Mino to contact her.

“Actually, your sister is even thinking of selling the winery too. Lee sajangnim is really good at this.” Mino added.

“We never really wanted it, you know. We knew from the start that they’re just given to compensate for our father’s sick obsession of womanizing and fathering children in different cities.” He was laughing at the thought, but Mino knew his voice had an air of disdain about his situation.

“No one wanted to be born this way, Jaewon.” He said, making the other guy consider his words.

“For kids born out of marriage, I think you and Jennie hit the jackpot. And I’m not even talking about the money here.” He told Mino.

“At least your father reached out to you himself. Whatever we have right now is all because of Jiyong hyung’s mother. All my father did was to acknowledge us.” He didn’t know why his words tasted bitter in his mouth.

“Oh well, at least you don’t have to fear about mistakenly having with your sister in a different city.” Jaewon said with a laugh.

Mino almost choked on his drink when he heard it. “You’re kidding, right?”

“My sister did not find it funny, believe me. My brother made a move on her, and after realizing they have the same eyes and surname, she ran away from him as fast as she can.” He shared as if it’s just a normal story.

“Which brother is it?” Mino had to ask.

“The one in Japan. The bad guy. The son from the original wife.” Jaewon said while he clenched his jaw.

 

Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter