THE BIG BANG

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino woke up from the blaring sound of his phone’s incessant ringing.

Groaning from a couple of hours of sleep, he reached for his phone and heard Junhoe from the other line.

“Master Song...Gangnam...Aurora…”

“My brain is not really functioning right now, Junhoe. Start making sense.”

He heard the siren of a firetruck and an ambulance from where Junhoe must be and that bolted him up and out of his bed.

“Master Song, there was an explosion at the construction site of O2.”

 

Mino let the information he received sink in. O2, the concept mall under Project Aurora. Explosion.

 

“Contact Atty. Lee and Woo Jiho. I’ll be there right away.”

 

His panic grew in every step he took inside his room. He was staying inside the Dungeon as they plan to take Jennie home the next day. He checked the clock on his bedside table and it read 3:34AM.

After changing his clothes, he ran outside and met Jiyong.

“I need to go there.” He told his brother upon realizing he knew the situation already.

“I’ve alerted Mithra to check the situation. He’s on his way there.” Jiyong told him.

 

Mino received a message on his phone from Jiho.

Will be there ASAP.

 

On his way to the site, Mino called Chaerin to help release a statement regarding the accident. In the meantime, he needs to assess the damage and hopefully, no one got hurt.

Junhoe was already securing the police officer in charge to brief Mino of what happened.

“By the look of the scene, an explosive device was used. This is purely intentional, Mr. Song. We may need to get your statement regarding this incident.” The police officer told him.

Mino regarded the officer and answered back in full confidence. “We may have to discuss this with our family lawyer. This may be related to a case we’re building against someone. He’s on his way here. For the meantime, I need to know the extent of damage,”

Junhoe was on his side, notes ready.

“East side of the building was the center of the explosion. Luckily, most of the workers moved last night to the other side of the building, because there has been some problems with the electricity from that end. No casualties, but 18 workers were brought to the hospital for minor injuries. They were the group nearest the explosion site.”

Mino regarded the situation and let the officer lead him to the site. Kim Haesol was already inside, talking to the construction workers' representative regarding the accident.

 

He was then led to the police station to give his statement, along with Atty. Lee.

By 6AM, Mino saw Jiyong inside the police station.

“We need to file the case now, Mino. The article about Suzy will be released at 9AM today. Public interest will surely be on our side. After what happened to O2, our case will be stronger against him.”

Mino looked on to his brother and then to Atty. Lee.

“What happens to Suzy then?” He asked, realizing her major role in this case.

“Police will take her under protective custody, but I’ll include additional security details for her.” Jiyong answered him.

“I’ll file the case as soon as you have secured your safety, Jiyong.” Atty. Lee told them.

“We’re taking Jennie back to the Dungeon. Dara and the twins are already there. Security is doubled around the Enterprise.” Jiyong fired off.

“And Dolce Vita?” Atty. Lee asked.

“It’s taken care of.” He answered.

 

--------

 

8:00 AM - YGE’s statement regarding the accident was released

9:00 AM - Suzy’s article against Jaejoong was released

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter