LUCKY DAY

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino almost ran to his brother as they settled inside the auditorium where Jennie's graduation will be held.

"You're late." Jiyong told him.

"Dropped by Suzy this morning." He answered simply.

"How is she?" His brother asked.

"Still not talking." Mino frowned. He's growing impatient more and more.

"Maybe I should talk to her." Jiyong can sense the changing mood of his brother.

"Maybe-"

 

"There are my boys!" Their chat was cut by Mrs. Kwon.

"Mama Kwon, it's nice to see you!" Mino went in for a hug.

The woman held his cheeks when they broke apart and studied his face with a motherly smile like she always does.

"You've grown up so well, my Mino."

This warmed his heart. Madam Kwon has always been so nice to him.

Her attention then drifted to her son.

"Let's get to our seats. Jennie's mom is right there."

 

For others, their setup could have been unusual. But Mrs. Kwon and Jennie's mother and stepfather actually get along well.

It's not hard to notice Kim Joan. She used to be a model back in the days. She's now married to a professional photographer, Erwin Young. She was sitting next to Jennie's little sister, Ella.

"Hi Aunt Jo!" Jiyong greeted her first before settling on his seat. Mino followed suit and chitchats ensued between the two mothers.

"Where's Uncle Erwin?" Mino asked.

Ella pointed to the tall man positioned near the stage with a huge camera strapped on his neck.

"He said he wanted to get really good shots of unnie." The charming girl added.

Jennie is lucky to have a stepfather who adores her as much as Madam Kwon.

He then remembered to take a snapshot of Ella to show Joohyun. She's always wanted to meet her, and she could have done so if only she was here. She definitely would have attended this ceremony. Like all of them, she too loves Jennie like a true sister.

 

--------

 

Jennie was hand in hand with Hanbin when the ceremony ended. It was the first time he will meet her family.

"So this is the guy." Her mom motioned to Hanbin.

"Kim Hanbin, Mrs. Young." Hanbin bowed before her.

"It's nice to finally meet you, young man. Please call me Aunt Jo." She smiled at him.

Jennie was then lifted from the floor with a bear hug from her stepfather. "I'm so proud of you, Nini!"

Her laughter paired with gratitude as she was set back on the floor. "Thanks for coming, dad."

Her heart warmed seeing Ella beside him. "Oh my god, baby!" She smothered her sister with kisses who just laughed it off.

Everyone has been treating her as the maknae, and being the unnie to her beautiful sister is one of the best things in her life.

 

"Jennie, congratulations, dear!" Madam Kwon greeted her.

"Mama Kwon!" Jennie jumped to hug her. Her emotions are all over, but nothing compared to what she saw next.

Jiyong and Mino standing side by side smiling proudly at her. Her tears were inevitable. She barely made a step as her knees felt weak.

Jiyong hugged her as she cried in relief to see her brothers have finally made up.

Mino pinched her nose before handing her a bouquet of blue roses and casing her in a warm embrace. "Good job, Jennie."

She looked up and around. She feels like the luckiest girl in the world. "Best graduation gift

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter