Here we go (pt 1)

Just Like That (Jenlisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                          

 

With the final semi-push up, I finally let myself fall from the exhaustion. 

“Eww-Dude you’re all sweaty, did you have a boyfriend I didn’t know about?”

I gave him a confused look from my position on the floor.

“You look like the aftermath of a bad break up, like the struggling part before the whole freedom thing,” Bam commented, before offering me a bottle of water as I was busy catching my breath from all the unnecessary workout. 

“Thank you and that joke makes no sense" I gasped

I snatched the water bottle out of his hands as I gulped down as much as I could and coughing it out seconds later.


“ my life” I groaned as my throat ached from the harsh coughing session.

After giving me a moment to get my life together, Bam finally asked the million dollar question.

“what happened?” He raised his brows in concern, slinging his arm around me as I leaned into his shoulder, swallowing before speaking-

“My mom happened” I dead planted. I felt his chest shake from the small chuckle he let out before pushing me off gently. I pouted at his rude actions.

“That’s never good news,” He says flicking my lower lip that was jutting out. Bambam is one of my closest friends, who knew about my mother’s ways. I didn't try to hide it but my lack of trust and small social circle made it known to a handful of close people about what happens behind the curtains of ‘Manobans-the perfect family’’. It's basically the same for most kids, but everyone is just good at covering it up because everything has to be perfect or you become an outcast.

“No , when has my mother ever lead to a good thing,” I said leaning back against the wall. “Now I have to attend some ty school in that dumpster if a town”

Bam only laughed at that as I shot one of my eye open to glare at him. “I thought you were all about ‘save the people’” he tried imitating my voice with a higher pitch but ended up sounding like a sad con artist imitating a seal. 

“No, I’m not trying to be a superhero” I snap, frustratingly, running a hand through my hair. A bad habit of mine that ends up messing up my bangs. “Why does everyone and their mom think that? You just need to be ing human to do what I did. And no, just because I want to help others, doesn’t mean I want to join them in their misery” 

He was a little taken back, it wasn’t a regular thing for me to snap at anyone. I was composed and level headed most of the time. 


At least pretending to be somewhat composed.

Bambam shook his head in protest.

“First of all, I never said you were trying to be a hero. You were just being Lisa and that’s a good thing, so stop glaring at me. Anyway, it’s just middle class, they’re not poor or anything” He finished. Offering me his water when I kept eyeing it.

I shook my head, not wanting to choke again. I grasped his hand instead, leaning my head against his shoulder as I shifted towards him. “That’s not the problem, it’s just that, I won’t have you guys there even though all of you are s. But my s, you know what I mean?” I looked up at him. 


“And ghetto kids make me angry” I added.

He just rolls his eyes at my dramatic behavior, nudging my forehead. “Don’t worry, you attending a different school for a year won’t change . We will still remain as close as we are today. I will make sure of that.” He didn’t say anything about the last comment.

Nonetheless, I smiled at his words, nodding. The silence that followed the conversation made me feel safe. He really is like a brother to me.
.
.
.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter