home sweet hell

Just Like That (Jenlisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Home


 

The minute the door opened, I met Masu’s worried expression to which I smiled tiredly before mumbling a small ‘hello’ and brushing past her. I dropped my bag near the couch before plopping myself down. I sighed before resting my hand over my eyes, ready to let loose and just sleep. My parents can be confronted with tomorrow. I don’t think I have the energy to even eat right now. 

 

You know you're really tired, if you don't get excited with the thought of eating. 

 

“Lisa” I hear Masu’s voice. When she says my name like that, it only means one thing. That- I’m in some deep trouble.

 

I open my eyes to see her holding my bag with the same worried look. “Your school called”

 

“Oh give me a break” I groaned.
 

“Your parents aren’t home yet, they left to talk to the principal” She spoke calmly.

I really appreciate her trying to break the news nicely but I’d be stupid if I wouldn’t consider my dear principal taking any chance to go off and complain about my behavior to my parents.

 

I groaned again in annoyance, “He’s not going to un-suspend me, not after what I did” I mumbled the last part.

Masu gave me a pointed look, causing the frown lines to decorate her forehead.

“Well, you’re going to tell me what happened once I put your school bag away and get you something to eat. And go change out of your uniform, you look like a mess” She spoke in her motherly tone, which also meant that she wouldn't take a no for an answer.

 

I nodded getting up, gently taking the bag from her hands, and heading towards my room.

 

“Can you make me some hot chocolate?” I asked as reached the stairs.

 

“Of course”

 

“Love you” I spoke, trudging up the stairs with the little energy I had.

 

-

 

I ended up falling in deep slumber right after a cup of hot chocolate, fresh cake, and a lot of ranting and complaining. Masu just nodded and told me I did the right thing. I could kill someone and she would probably still support me. I really loved this woman like my mother, maybe even more.

 

The next morning went quite like this, me getting yanked awake from my father, for the first time in a long time and him demanding me to freshen up and come downstairs. Masu sending me sympathetic looks as breakfast was served and  my parents choosing to just stare at me in anger as I swallowed my food. I wiped my face with a napkin as Masu quickly took the dirty plate away.

 

“Thank you, Ma” I said, watching the anger intensifying in my mother’s eyes but there was a flah of something else too.......hurt?

 

Well, if I’d be damned..


 

It was really just a nickname, but she always got offended like I meant to hurt her.

 

rightttt

 

I don’t but at times, I don’t really care.  

 

“So, Mr.Akira, your mother and I had a long talk yesterday” My father broke the ice when the silence was getting beyond uncomfortable.

 

“Oh” is all I said, keeping my eyes trained at the wooden table.

 

“Lisa, I want an honest answer to the question I’m about to ask” He looked at me, eyes suddenly turning ster

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter