Car rides & suspensions

Just Like That (Jenlisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoooo, so here's the first chapter but let me warn you, THERE ARE PROBABLY A MILLION ERRORS HERE AND THERE. I'm sorry about that in advance :(

———————————————————————————

 

I peered out of the window mindlessly as the cold November wind kept hitting my elbow that was partially out, too bothered to fix my rolled sleeves of my uniform. I frowned at the creases that formed near the rolls, feeling bad for Masu, who always takes care of making sure my uniform is always clean and ironed, even though that's her job. 

 

I turned my focus back out of the window as I watched the street lights flash by as the car picked up its speed. 

 

Isn't it true baby

 

You're just a fragile angel under the moon baby~

 

A small smile made its way on my face as my eyes flickered up to the moon dangling in the sky, slightly covered by the clouds, but shining brightly nonetheless. Aftermath of heavy rain, perhaps. Usually, I won't let the drivers turn music on, but this seemed like a classic song which fit perfectly with the atmosphere surrounding the vehicle so I let it slide.

 

I shivered from the cold wind and I'm sure the driver thinks I'm weird for rolling the window down in this weather as he zipped up his sweater earlier, never complaining. Must not upset the customer, so settled on glancing at me through the mirror. I respected him for not making small talk or any type of talk that drivers think is mandatory. Sometimes, quiet is nice. Like today, when the day was below average and the weather was being cold. Pun intended. 

 

I sighed as I glanced down at the suspension letter, rolling my eyes before redirecting my gaze outside the window again. I pulled at the collar of my shirt before leaning my head over my hand, so the cold wind was also hitting my face. 

 

The car slowed down at the red light as we waited for a couple of people to cross. A man holding the hand of a little girl, trying to get her to cross quickly and not skip on her way and getting hit for being reckless. Managing his coffee with his other hand. He was pretty well dressed in his business suite under the long coat, made sense, we were in the "nice part" of the town.

 

My gaze shifted to a girl this time as my eyes slightly widened. A very petite looking girl, probably because she was hunched over, was trying to cover her body with her hands as best as she could. She had no jacket on. Her hair flying with the harsh November wind. It seemed like a scene from a movie for a second but movies are dumb and fake but this was very much real. It was chilly enough for people to switch from smaller jackets to the bigger ones, but this lady must be a little slow to recognize that or something.

 

Don't be a jerk.

 

I shook my head as the car started moving again. "Pull over please" 

 

"Sorry?" The driver looked up to meet my gaze through the mirror. A little stunned as I finally acknowledged him since the start of the ride. "Pull over" I repeated. 

 

"Okay" He nodded as he quickly took the car to the side and hauled it where it was blocking some random street. Which was fine, it's less likely for someone to be out, as the weather wasn't the best and nobody liked November. "Just wait for me here, I won't take long!"

 

I grabbed my trench coat that I had carelessly thrown beside me as I exited the car. 

 

Nevermind, it was freezing out.

 

 I squinted my eyes before the chilly wind would cause me to tear up and also because I couldn't see very well in the darkness and I need glasses, which I refuse to get. 

 

I quickly walked towards the light crossing, as I looked around frantically. There you are, I thought as I saw the girl a few meters away from where I was, she must walk fast or the driver took too long to stop the car. Either way, it , as I broke out into a light sprint. 

 

I didn't bother yelling "Excuse me!", because I was too lazy and refused to act like an idiot. Until I was close enough which was probably a bad idea. 

 

"Excuse me, miss"

 

A loud shriek was heard as the girl jumped back, turning around, almost falling in the process. She smelled nice through, like flowers?

 

"Oh my god!" Her hand on her chest, eyes squinted closed. I just let her have her moment. 

 

Finally opening her eyes again, looking at me with mere confusion. I couldn't help but notice her cheeks were really red from the cold and she was still shivering. 

 

what are you waiting for idiot 

 

I managed a small smile, which probably looked very painful as I thurst the jacket in her direction. She looked a little scared and confused as she looked at my outstretched hand, holding my coat. It wasn't very equipped for winter, because fashion, and second, It was never necessary.

 

I wouldn't be able to walk anywhere even if I wanted to.

 

At this point, I just wanted to offer her a ride, but no one would just randomly hop into someone random stranger's car. It was kind of sad. Acts of Kindness are never taken genuinely these days. I mean if I were in her shoes, the person would already be in a choke hold already.

 

When she kept staring at my outstretched hand with her pretty eyes, I sighed, slightly frustrated because it was getting colder by the minute. 

 

"You should take this, it's cold" I explained.

 

Her eyes slightly squinted as she smiled at me, light dimples showing themselves. "It's okay, I'm good. Plus, you won't have anything to wear if I take it. And I don't want to impose on a stranger but you're very kind. Thank you " She rambled, quite nervous or maybe she was just one of those overly nice people which was irritating me. 

 

I already had a long day, all this stalling is not amusing me in the slightest.

 

"say that without your teeth chattering" I responded a bit harshly than I intended too. She looked a little taken back, jaw slightly slacked and her eyes widened. 

 

ugh, just take the damn coat!

 

 I just want to go home, drink some hot chocolate and break some news to my lovely parents that might get me kicked out of my house and finally sleep my worries off. But no, here we are, standing in the dark while it's freezing cold. 

 

"Just take it please" I pleaded. "I have a ride, so it's not a pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter