What happens in the night time

Just Like That (Jenlisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Third person's Pov
 

 

Lisa’s blonde hair was dimly lit under the orange light emitted by the lampost as she stood under it. Three other guys who accompanied her; Bambam, Mino, and Jackson, all huddled together, waiting on the last person of the group to show up.

Every time Lisa exhaled, it turned into breath vapor due to the nighttime chill. It looked similar to when a smoker lets out a puff of smoke into the atmosphere. She slightly leaned back into the tall street light behind her. Having nothing to do she settled on her unusual hobby of observing others.

Bambam stood on her right and she could see the small goosebumps littered on his neck. She had reminded him to dress warmly but apparently, fashion was more important even though it was half past midnight. 


When Lisa argued that no one would be outside to see him in the first place, Bambam had only huffed and told her that he needs to impress himself every day which is enough of a reason, “self-conceited much”, was her reply.

Currently, he stood silently which is a rare occurrence, holding his phone in one hand as he scrolled through his social media-Lisa guessed. His other hand was inside the pocket of his dark black leather jacket to gather up some warmth. ‘The guy is addicted to his phone’, Lisa judged silently with the shake of her head. 

She then turned her attention to Jackson, who was standing in front of her whining to Mino about Suga always making them late. She couldn’t help but notice his beanie that was in her face due to the lack of distance between them. It was intentionally matching the light pink beanie she was supporting on her head. They had bought it together just recently on one of their ‘spontaneous shopping romps’ as Jackson likes to call it. 

Lisa considered Jackson like her ‘second sister’. She always about it too and he had long given up on trying to correct her. She knew he secretly liked it even though, he would never admit to it. 

It’s not like her actual sister was a hundred percent related to her either, biologically speaking. They were interconnected through her stepfather. Nevertheless, she had a 10-year-old half sister who has her wrapped around her finger.

Hurried footsteps against the pavement made everyone with the exception of Bambam look up to an out of breath Suga. He was running in their direction as he held the strap of his bag that was stubbornly falling off. 

As soon as Suga reached them, he was greeted with loud complains from Jackson and sarcastic comments from Mino. Bambam was still too busy looking at his phone to care. 

Lisa stood up to her full height, straightening her own jacket before swiftly grabbing the phone out of Bambam’s hands. His loud cries of protest pulling the other three guys out of their own bubble. 

Lisa circled the group to the front, finally catching everyone's attention. 

“Shut up for a second, Bam” She declaimed tossing the phone in the air towards him as he scrambles to catch it

“Careful! That’s some expensive !” He yells in panic

Jackson scoffed, “You have more than enough money you little-”

“Let’s not get carried away here” Mino intervened -always the focused one.

Once everybody had calmed down and Bambam had finally stopped grunting after pocketing his phone, Lisa pulled down her beanie off to take out the crumpled paper out and spread it open. Not caring about messing her bangs in the process

“Why am I not surprised...you really couldn’t bother bringing a bag?” Suga stated bemused

Suga may have known Lisa for a long time but her creative ways to feed her laziness always threw him off. 

Lisa just gave him a sheepish grin in return as she signaled everyone to huddle around Mino’s jeep. 

The light blue sheet was a blueprint of a building that had various circles and lines drawn on it. Lisa points at one of them that had a rectangle circled in red. 

“Okay so, we go through the window near the right wing that will lead us into the print room which should be open if Bambam did his job correctly”

“. Of course, I did it correctly! It wasn’t even a problem” He scoffed

Everyone turned to look at him 

“Oh come one! That door incident was a one-time thing, cut a guy some slack” He defended himself, crossing his arms and glaring. 

“We have been doing that, no one even said anything you idiot” Suga deadpanned.

“Alright, smarty pants” was grumbled sneeringly in frustration when Bambam suddenly choked.

He swallowed before looking up to meet Suga’s piercing stare. 

“What did you say?” He raised his brow

“I-I mean, s-smart Suga. Nice Suga, F-forgiving, u-utterly amazing Sug-”

“Okay, Okay you can stop now. We have things to get done and we’re already half an hour behind the planned schedule so let's get on with it” Mino interrupts Bambams who silently shifts near Jackson to hide behind him 

There wasn’t any tension around the group as this was a common occurrence. The banter and the teasing and everything in between.

Once Lisa had gone through everything about what was going to be happening for the night, everyone filled into the car and it sped off into the abyss of the night. 

-

Lisa’s Pov

 

I could feel the bass of the car as the speakers were blowing up with the hyped up playlist from Mino’s aux. Suga was accompanying him in the front as he rapped along. The guy had some serious talent. 

On the other hand, Jackson and Bambam were busy bickering about who’s the better kisser. 

I was too busy looking outside and enjoying the beautiful view of the night to engage in their dumb conversations. 

Regardless, the overall atmosphere is warm and comfortable. Every person in this car means like a family to me. 

As the car sped into the distance, I noticed the deserted driveways and parking lots as the car moved further into the city. The fancy restaurants, tall buildings, empty playgrounds. Then a small park that looked way too creepy so I quickly shifted my eyes before a shudder would creep up on me.

The car came to a halt at a red stop light as I let out a content sigh. I leaned my head on the cool window which caused it to fog up right away. Wait a minute…

I quickly used my arm to wipe away the fog as I squinted my eyes to read the sign. 

Mclaren road 

The same road and the similar atmosphere from that day. 

Jennie

A subconscious grin made its way on to my face. I could picture her narrowed eyes at me in irritation. She was such a kitten. 

But why was she so mad at me though?

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I pondered at the possible reasons for her being mad with me.

‘They will destroy you’

What did she mean by that? I’m sure that she could find a better and a much more intimidating reason to scare me into leaving like...I don’t know, something along,

“If you don’t leave, I will make sure that you get expelled out of here by the power of the council that is bestowed within me” I imagined her with an ice crown as she sat on a throne made of more ice.

I giggled at the thought until I felt someone take a jab at me from the side.

I seethed in annoyance as I turned towards Bambam, “what?” I grumble while rubbing my side.

He put his hands up in surrender, “I’m sorry for interrupting your ‘me time’ but I have an urgent question” 

I could see Jackson peeking his head from the side to look at Bambam and me skeptically. 

These two can never catch a break

I sighed as I nodded for him to go on. “What’s the million dollar question?”

Bambam quickly takes his glasses out of his jacket and wears them before throwing an arm around Jackson and pushing his face closer.

I won’t even bother asking him why he brought his glasses in the middle of the freaking night, to begin with

“Jackson here thinks that he is a better kisser than I am” He scoffed,

“Can you believe this guy...Like the audacity! I can’t” He said pressing his face closer into his chest as Jackson really couldn’t move any further due to the seat belt holding him back.

In any event, Jackson could beat the living snot out of Bambam anytime, anywhere. But when it comes to such idiocy of his, he usually lets him get his way. 

Jackson just rolls his eyes which makes him look even weirder considering his face was literally squished into Bam’s chest. 

I tried to memorize the awkward memory from almost four years ago and I wish I hadn’t  

I scrunch up my face in disgust, it was literally like . If I only knew that time how our relationship would evolve. Bambam and I first met in our freshmen year of high school and we both made the mistake of misinterpreting our great friendship for something else. 

Let's just say our first kiss was also our very last.

“You were alright,” I said indifferently and shrugged. 

I watch his jaw drop open and his hands go slack around Jackson's neck as he stared at me in shock. 

“How could you!” He exclaimed putting his hand near his chest like he was in pain but everyone in the car knew about his great acting skills so no one was concerned.

He is our go-to guy for all the pretending and convincing when it comes to our little runs like this...

Jackson almost leaped out of his seat in joy.

“Aha! I knew he was just bluffing! So on a scale of 1 to -10, how bad was he?” Jackson asked cockily as he adjusted his beanie that was falling off

I glanced at BamBam who was still taking in the news.

“Well”.. I said resting a hand on my chin like I was in deep thought before meeting the dark puppy eyes staring smugly at me.

I moved closer to him with a serious expression. 

“On a scale, of….why don’t you just kiss him and find out” I smirked at him

The car slightly swerved as Suga and Mino’s loud laughter roared over the music. 

I leaned back, releasing a loud laugh of my own as I observed the flustered straight of Jackson Wang in front of me. It was so easy to .


“Yeah, let’s do it! I will not stand with the jab Lis has taken towards my pride. So, we shall end this discussion with a ‘smooch of truth’ ” 

I watched them in amusement as Jackson quickly moved back from Bambam in a state of panic.

“Yah! What the ! I’m not going to kiss you. Stop acting like a you idiot” He said roughly shoving him away.

“Yo, chill out,” I said in a serious tone, breaking the force of the impact as I held bambam from falling into me. 

Jackson has a tendency to make insensitive comments. Not too long ago, I was the same as him so I really couldn’t judge him one bit for his flaws but I could let him know when he did.

Even bambam lowered his glasses to show that he was finally being serious as he gave him a weird look. 

“I wasn’t actually going to kiss you!” He said smacking the back of his head.

“But you were trying to!” Jackson retaliated smacking him back.

Bambam unbuckled his seatbelt before jumping on to him, “You’re so ing annoying!”  

I rolled my eyes as the car came to a stop, we had finally reached.

I quickly exit the car, I hate sitting in the back with the two of them. They always find a way to fight and if it was a good day, they would play fight but if it wasn’t, someone came out with a bruise-usually bambam.

“The coast looks clear” Suga spoke as he joined me, Mino alongside him.

"So much for all the guards and security cameras," I muttered observing the familiar building ahead bringing back memories and it hadn't even been a week but I was already feeling homesick. I just wanted to go back and roam around the halls that I was familiar with. Going to Millbrook was like living with a stranger. I preferred familiarity. 

“I know right. I think it has more to do with making everyone feel as if things are safe than actually ensuring it. Now, just have to wait for those idiots ” Mino sighed as he checked the time.

“Crap, it’s already 1 am. I have to be home by 3, latest”

I gave him a smile of reassurance, “Don’t worry, it won’t take us more than an hour to get the USB, transfer the files and dip out of here. An hour and a half should be more than enough” 

Mino smiled at me as his hands moved to ruffle my hair as I quickly ducked. “No can’t so sir,” I said pointing at the beanie.

“Whatever” He rolled his eyes with a small smile of his own.

The car door was smacked open by a rough looking Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter