: Purple Blanket

On time, there's just never enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi and the young man begins conversing in Spanish and Sakura’s month long Spanish crash course is not adept in understanding anything. However based on their body language, it does feel like their relationship is rather positive. Eunbi reacted well to the flower and the two even laughed. Sakura, it shouldn’t be surprising that a hot girl who lived here for 4 years has a boyfriend, she mentally chided herself.

 

Just then, Eunbi switches to English. “This is my new housemate Sakura. Sakura, this is my classmate, Santiago.”

 

“Hola.” Sakura bows before remembering she is no longer in Japan, awkwardly bringing herself back up again.

 

Santiago laughs and bows as well. “Hola to you too! Welcome to the university-”

 

The church bell rings, cutting his sentence short.

 

“Oh no, look at the time. I got to bring her over to orientation, I’ll see you later in class. Sakura?” Eunbi says.

 

Sakura grows uncomfortable in this situation, feeling as though she is interrupting Eunbi’s day-to-day and potential couple date. “Don’t worry about it. Thanks for bringing me all the way here. I think I can manage from here on. Please head along with Santiago, I’ll be fine. Got to go. Bye!” Sakura speeds through her words before forcing up a grin and rushes off in the direction most people are heading towards.

 

“Wait. Okay bye!” were the faint shouts Sakura heard from Eunbi as she jets away quickly from the couple.

 

Orientation was much more a pleasant experience than what homebody Sakura had anticipated. Aside from constantly marvelling at the gothic buildings around the campus, she had found herself a friend, or more like a friend had found her. A very lively and bubbly girl came up to her midway during orientation with the opening line, “You very pretty.” Obviously Sakura was shocked to hear that, but when she realised that it came from a harmless looking girl with circular black frame spectacles, she let her guard down. Sakura learnt that the girl’s name is Yena, and like her housemate Eunbi, she is from Korea on a full-time architecture degree program. They got on very well with Sakura’s conversational Korean, in fact so well that after orientation, they hung out for dinner. It was not until Sakura took a breather from their conversation did she realise that it is already dark out.

 

“Bye Kura! I’ll see you in class.” Yena enthusiastically hops in place as the pair splits up to head home. Yena lives a coup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter