: Girl Crush

On time, there's just never enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura inhales and the scent from Eunbi’s shampoo induces her to on Eunbi’s lower lip. It seems all so natural when she wraps her arm around Eunbi’s waist.

 

The touch snaps Eunbi out of her trance. She pulls back panting. Sakura follows suit with flushed cheeks. Her arm is still around Eunbi’s waist as the girls regulate their breathing. Sakura gulps watching Eunbi in such close proximity - their kiss lingers in her memory and she doesn’t want it to stop. In fact, she wants more. If this is what love feels like, I am surely liking it. She grins.

 

Eunbi is intrigued to find Sakura not even trying to hide her joyful expression with what just happened. Should I try trusting her again? Is this even going to be serious for her or just a phase? Eunbi pulls her arms back from where they were resting on Sakura’s abdomen and puts some space between them. Not going to be that easy, Sakura.

 

“This doesn’t change anything.” Eunbi declares.

 

“Sure.” Sakura smirks, clearly not taking Eunbi’s words seriously, not after that kiss.

 

“I am serious.”

 

“Sure.”

 

Eunbi rolls her eyes and turns to walk back to her room. Again going with her instincts, Sakura shouts.

 

“Would you like to have dinner with me tonight!”

 

Eunbi stops in her track. This doesn’t sound like their usual dinner-check. Not dinner like out on a date right? I’ve been asked this by countless of people before but definitely not the Sakura I know…. But we did just kiss. She raises her brows and decides to probe more to check if she is overthinking.

 

“Like at home?” Eunbi wears a nonchalant expression.

 

“Er…” Sakura stutters, outpowered by Eunbi’s charisma. “Like out-outside.”

 

“With you?”

 

“Y-yeah…” Gosh she is killing me. Sakura gulps. How can she be so unaffected after the kiss? Is she going to say no? Think Sakura think. “Y-yena asked me to ask you. For us to have dinner together. She w-wants to meet you.” That is a lie, but she has no choice. She is in too deep.

 

“Okay sure. Let me know the time.” Eunbi replies coolly and walks off.

 

Sakura does not notice that she has been holding her breath till Eunbi is gone. She exhales loudly. That is one heck of a girl. A silly smile creeps up Sakura’s face.

 

“Oh this dinner is going to be soooo much fun!” Yena squeals like a little girl. Sakura had no choice but to corner the girl before their afternoon lecture and confess everything that has happened. The moment she was done, Sakura regretted it so much. The hyperactive girl kept harassing her with constant squeals of excitement throughout lecture. The information dumped on Yena gave her so much avenues of frenzy - she never knew why Sakura was so upset and she didn’t want to probe, figuring that Sakura will tell her when she is ready. Now is the time and she finally had context and it all made sense. The oblivious rigid girl likes someone, struggled with it, but ends up loving that someone? This is all too good. Especially after Sakura effectively promoted her to the role of a wingman for tonight’s dinner. She originally had plans to facetime her friends back home in Seoul but this just bumped itself straight up her agenda.

 

“Calm down!” Sakura pushes Yena who has managed to cling onto her as they walk out of the lecture hall.

 

“I am calm!”

 

“You aren’t! Just remember to help me along the way. More importantly, you. You are the one who asked for this dinner.” She pokes Yena on her forehead.

 

She smacks Sakura’s finger away. “Yes unnie! Haish.” Yena clings onto Sakura’s arm again.

 

By this time, Sakura has already given up. She has used up too much energy on her younger friend and she just needs to retain her sanity till dinner time.

 

Just then, Sakura stops and unwillingly forces Yena too.

 

Sakura’s saviour comes in the form of a lady in red polka dot dress, with wavy curls flowing naturally off her shoulders. The beautiful girl is winning over occasional glances and double takes as she waits under the blooming tree. Annoyed at the sudden brake, Yena flashes a glare at Sakura but the older girl is clearly distracted. Yena follows her line of sight and puts two and two together. She smirks.

 

Yena lets go Sakura and runs over to the unsuspecting girl.

 

“Eunbi unnie.”

 

An unfamiliar voice interrupts Eunbi’s mindless scrolling on her phone and when she turns to the source, a wide-eyed girl is staring at her awestrucked. Eunbi is about to question her when she spots Sakura rushing over from behind.

 

“You must be Yena?”

 

“Wow unnie, no wonder you are a phd student. How did you figure that out when this is the first time we met?”

 

Eunbi gestures to Sakura using her head and Yena follows before she laughs. “Oh right, that makes sense!”

 

The younger girl’s laughter naturally brought a smile to Eunbi’s face. She’s really an interesting character.

 

Sakura rushes over, worried that Yena will end up saying something stupid to Eunbi. The night has to be perfect. The first thing Yena says when Sakura arrives is “Kura unnie you are right. She is very pretty indeed!”

 

Sakura really wants to hide in a corner right now. Maybe Yena isn’t her best idea after all.

 

“Have this, Yena.”

 

“Thank you unnie!”

 

Sakura grouchily places a spoonful of rice in . The two girls are getting along way better than she expected and she is feeling left out.

 

“... so basically that’s why I chose to come here to study.” Yena finishes the story of how she ended up in Barcelona. “What about you, unnie? Why are you pursuing your phd here?”

 

“I fell in love with the city when I first came here when I was a teenager. For some strange reason, I never forgotten about this place and when I thought about studying abroad, this city naturally came into mind. After so many years, I guess it was just natural to continue on with my further education here as well.”

 

Yena takes a sip of water, “How many years more till you get your doctorate?”

 

Eunbi puts up three fingers.

 

Sakura raises her brows. She never knew that despite being housemates. I got to learn more about her.

 

“Why do a doctorate though?” Sakura cuts in. “I-i mean when you can do you know many other stuffs as well!” She quickly adds, fearing a possible sarcastic remark.

 

Eunbi has been amused by how flustered Sakura is during dinner but she never shows it, instead choosing to put on a nonchalant expression and replies animatedly only to Yena. “I’ve always been interested about social sciences, more specifically how culture affects how we are as humans and our interactions with the world. I enjoy learning about such topics and exploring them in depth. One thing led to another, here I am.”

 

“That means you can understand that Sakura’s stupidity in not realising her feelings for you is not entirely her fault. This unnie only studies and games so when she bumps into a beautiful human like you, her brain malfunctions.” While Yena’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter