: Spring is coming

On time, there's just never enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The owner of that smile shows Sakura around the ground level, briefly explaining the different facilities offered in the building. Being Sakura, she already knew and had seen pictures of the building but nevertheless, it was nice to finally be able to be in the place she had looked at for months on her computer. Many types of lodging were in her consideration, renting an actual apartment may be the most cost effective but paperwork being a bore or going entirely comfortable in a hotel would have been nice but too much of a luxury and definitely not eligible for her scholarship. Eventually she wandered over to student lodgings and came upon this - 49 Kent Street is located near the heart of the city, not too close to the bustling scenes and yet not too far from convenience. Her university is located just one bus stop away, ten minutes on foot. Although she would have loved to have her own space, by the time the scholarship was awarded, it was too close to the new school year and most students who had planned to study here had already made arrangements. Sakura didn’t want to give up this perfectly situated building, took a leap of faith and accepted one of the last slots left. Having a housemate may not be the worse idea in the world right? Really, she needs to socialise more and she will have her own room so her space is not entirely gone. When refocusing on the lady before her, Sakura is more certain it is not a bad decision after all.

 

“Let me bring you up to our apartment so you can get refreshed.” Again, Eunbi helps Sakura with her belongings and Sakura gives a courtesy decline. This time with much less of a fight, the two easily gets up to the third floor using the central elevator. Twitch of the lock and the green apartment door with 309 hanging swings open. Eunbi casually fiddles along the wall and the warm lights greet Sakura as she walks in with awe; the space before her is beautiful and inviting, furnitures are a nice blend of minimal and classy. It is evident that Eunbi has kept the place in tip top condition.

 

“You can put your shoes over here.” Eunbi pulls open the floor to ceiling high cupboard door revealing pairs of shoes in varying designs and colors. “Sorry it is a bit crowded,” she laughs awkwardly. “There’s space for you around our eye level and if you need more, do let me know I can definitely move some into my room.”

 

“No, don’t worry about me. This is more than enough.” Sakura chuckles because she only brought over three pairs of footwear and Eunbi seems to have provided her with like space for eight. Although really, eight is nothing compared to Eunbi’s possibly fifteen pairs Sakura gathered from her quick scan. This girl sure is interesting.

 

After yet another quick tour of their apartment, Sakura is finally alone in her room, staring at the space around her. I am here, I am finally here.

 

Sakura wakes up the next morning with a groan as she stretches her sore limbs. The transition last night tired her out and as a result, she has had one of the best sleeps in awhile. She kicks off the blanket and hops out of bed as a new day in Barcelona begins.

 

She walks into the living room only to be greeted by a hot and sweaty Eunbi, oblivious to Sakura’s stare. The hardworking girl’s raven locks are collected together in a messy ponytail as beads of sweat trickle down the back of her neck. Also drenched with sweat, the tight pink sleeveless top allows itself to wrap even more firmly against the owner’s curves, as if they aren’t prominent enough. So when Eunbi ends the round of jumping jacks to collect her breath, Sakura realises she needed one too. This results in an accidental loud sigh, catching the attention of the hard worker who happens to pull her bluetooth earbuds out.

 

“Oh you are awake!” Eunbi exclaims. “Did my exercise wake you up?”

 

“No, I slept like a log. I was just admiring...” Sakura pauses as she pushes her earlier thoughts to the back of her head, “your discipline to exercise first thing in the morning. Do you do this everyday?”

 

“Yeah, I find that it helps me relax, both mentally and physically. Hey, since you are up and it is your first morning after all, how about breakfast together? I usually whip up meals for myself. Join me today. I am not too ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter