: Mutual

On time, there's just never enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls remain in their embrace for awhile. No one wants to be the one to let go.

 

“How do you always smell so nice?”

 

Eunbi giggles, “What are you talking about?”

 

“Your scent is much stronger now that I am hugging you.”

 

Eunbi pulls out of the embrace, “Got to stop you right there, creepo.”

 

Sakura pouts but she holds onto Eunbi’s hands. Seeing her so cutely embarrassed, Eunbi’s heart softens. She pulls Sakura towards her and rests Sakura’s hands on her waist. She then moves to hang her arms around Sakura’s neck and looks at the younger girl endearingly. “But what can I do? When this creepo loves me.” She smirks at the visibly frazzled girl.

 

“Kwon Eunbi, you…”

 

Eunbi laughs at the comment and gradually releases her hold, leaning away from Sakura. “Alright, enough jokes. We should go up, I need to rest, got an early class tomorrow.”

 

Sakura is about to heed Eunbi’s suggestion when it hits her that she has one last thing to clear. “Before we go up...” Sakura smoothly tilts her head and closes in on Eunbi. Eunbi smiles and lets Sakura take the lead. Her lips fit perfectly onto Eunbi’s and they move in harmony, as though they have done this countless of times.

 

That kiss, like this morning’s, leaves her breathless. Sakura watches as Eunbi catches her breath as she too is panting. When her heart rate begins to normalise, Sakura confesses. “Did you know you took my first kiss?”

 

Eunbi raises her brows in shock. “F-first?”

 

Sakura nods, “The one on Montserrat was my first. This morning is my second and I just had my third.” A toothy smile sweeps across her face.

 

Eunbi laughs at this newfound information. Her laughter is so infectious, Sakura naturally joins in. “Actually, i-it isn’t that surprising to me. You n-nerdy, straight-edged gaming addict who took so long to realise she likes me and tries to stop something that can’t be helped.”

 

Sakura frowns and purposely pouts.

 

Eunbi leans in and pecks her on the lips. “Got your fourth too. C’mon let’s go, if not we will end up standing here all night.” She instinctively intertwines their fingers together and she leads them towards their apartment building. Sakura willingly follows her from behind, staring affectionately at Eunbi’s back. I can definitely get used to this.

 

Days went by and Sakura is loving this new dynamic on top of their existing friendship-housemate relationship. The change is much wanted by the two of them. There are so many moments of affection between them that Sakura can’t keep track of and initially she isn’t used to it; when Eunbi first gave her a back hug while she was preparing her cereal on the morning after that fateful night, Sakura unintentionally jerked in response. Needless to say, Eunbi was a little upset by that rejection and it took a lot of cooing and pecks of kisses to erase her girlfriend’s sulk. Sakura had to explain fervently that unlike Eunbi who is experienced with affections, Sakura is still learning.

 

“Learning? Nobody who is still learning knows how to coax her girlfriend with the endless flood of kisses.” Eunbi retorted stubbornly, although she was still blushing from Sakura’s actions.

 

“Trust me Eunbi! I am not so smart in this area, I just do what I genuinely want. It’s not my fault if I really want to give you so many kisses because you are too cute when you are grumpy like this.”

 

“Damn you Sakura with your innocent smoothness.”

 

As time pass, Sakura always finds herself wanting even more - why did I even try to stop this before? She chuckles to herself then she goes back to staring at the hardworking Eunbi.

 

Today, Eunbi is burying herself in a mountain of papers as she prepares for her upcoming lecture. This will be her first official lecture to an entire cohort of students currently in the bachelor’s degree level for cultural studies, and Eunbi wants to do it well. So unfortunately for Sakura, all she can do is to sit beside her and admire the perfectly sculpted side profile of her girlfriend. My girlfriend, she smirks.

 

“Quit staring at me. I thought you have an assignment due tomorrow?”

 

“I am done.”

 

Eunbi raises one of her eyebrows.

 

Sakura turns her laptop over to the girl and scrolls through the document. “See!”

 

Eunbi glances over at the screen before going back to her lecture preparation. “Go find something else to do then.”

 

“I just want to do you.”

 

Eunbi creases her brows, did I hear that right? She slowly turns over to face Sakura whose face is now crimson red.

 

I need to think before I speak, Miyawaki Sakura. How did you just say that out loud?

 

“What?”

 

“N-nothing.” Sakura internally begs that Eunbi did not catch what she said.

 

“Okay then.” Eunbi goes back to her papers.

 

Sakura sits still, not knowing how to proceed. Her brain is confused as it fills itself with conflicting thoughts with one telling her to leave the living room and the other that tells her that something more can happen. What is more when they just started? Sakura decides to follow the more rational route and packs up her studying gears.

 

“I am going to bed now. Don’t stay up too late.”

 

Eunbi puts down her pencil and watches till Sakura is done cleaning up. She lifts herself off the ground and puts her arms around the younger girl. “Thank you for sitting here with me. Goodnight to you too.” Eunbi kisses Sakura on the lips.

 

Sakura kisses back strongly when she feels Eunbi pulling back. The kiss turns into a smooch as she puts her stuff down to wrap her arms around her girlfriend’s waist, then gradually sliding them down to rest on Eunbi’s . Sakura keeps leaning in closer to Eunbi and because she is nearly tipping over, Eunbi pulls out from that passionate near makeout session.

 

“Calm down tiger.” Eunbi swipes her thumb across her lips to wipe off the excess saliva.

 

“Not easy doing so when my girlfriend’s so hot.”

 

“Since when do you smooth talk like this?”

 

“I am learning about you while you are learn about me.”

 

“And now it is time for me to continue learning about how to give a good lecture and not embarrass myself.”

 

Sakura smiles, “You will do well. You are Kwon Eunbi.”

 

Eunbi blushes, “Thank you. Now go, hurry to bed.”

 

Sakura cannot resist but give Eunbi a peck on her forehead before gathering her things and leaving the living room for good. She lays on her bed that night trying to understand her earlier thoughts. What is it that I want now?

 

To say Eunbi is nervous is an understatement; this is her first lecture to an entire cohort of degree students and while the topic is something she is very familiar with - her phd thesis topic after all - the amount of people streaming in seems endless. It doesn’t take very long for most of the seats to be occupied and Eunbi take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter