Chapter 9

About Us

 

 

 

" Mate, you ok?"

He turns to the door and see Taehyung enters the penthouse with a worried look.

" I'm good."

He puts his phone back on the table. Of course he is now feeling better after receiving such a great boost from his angel.

" You sure?"

Taehyung now is sitting beside him on the couch, eyes checking his right cheek.

" Come on, cousin. It's not like this is my first getting slap from grandpa."

He sees Taehyung's face change. His cousin drops his head down before saying the word sorry which he feels shouldn't have came out from Taehyung's mouth as it is never his cousin's fault.

" If only I didn't ask you to keep your eyes on Myungsoo.."

Matthew puts his arms around Taehyung's shoulder, like he always do to his favorite person.

" It is my decision to do so, Tae.. Told you, I'll make sure your path is clear."

That is his promise. Not only to Taehyung, but grandpa too when he decided to join the company. 

" But.." 

" Wait!"

Matthew cuts Taehyung's words when he saw something at the corner of his cousin's lips. 

" What's this?"

He tries to touch it, but Taehyung pushes his hand away. 

" Nothing.." 

Taehyung looks away. He couldn't tell his cousin the truth knowing well it will make Matthew blame himself more for the last night event. 

" Is grandpa.." 

The sound of doorbell cuts Matthew off. Sighing, he walks to the door thinking it is his Aunt Gayoung again. 

He already pictured his aunt bringing a bucket full of ice for Taehyung. Though sounds funny, that's one of the thing he envies Taehyung. 

Upon opening the door, his eyes widen seeing the person standing in front of him. 

" BM.. Who?" 

Just before his heart flutters thinking the girl came because of his text moments ago, he saw how the girl wraps her arms around Taehyung's waist. 

" Somin?" 

Matthew eyes the pair in front of him. For some reasons, he doesn't like what he saw though it is always like this between the two. 

Why? Because he so thought the girl came here for him. But he forgot the fact that the girl is always by his cousin's side, all the time. 

" Are you ok?" 

He witnesses the girl tracing the corner of Taehyung's lips with her trembling fingers. Things he longs for his angel to do to him. 

Closing his eyes, he walks away to the living room leaving the two. 

" Why are you here?" 

Taehyung asks Somin softly while pulling the girl inside and close the door behind them. 

Of course he gave Somin access to his penthouse, Somin even can use his private elevator to here, but he didn't expect to see the girl here, right now. 

" I don't know. I just felt something might happen to you. And.. I was right.." 

Taehyung smiles and wipes the tears that fall down Somin's cheek. 

" Why are you crying, fool?" 

He leans down and kiss the girl's eyes in attempt to stop the tears. 

" What happened, Tae? Why are your lips.."

Taehyung hugs Somin. He doesn't want to talk about it with Matthew here knowing well it will hurt Matthew. 

" Later, ok? I'll tell you later." 

He whispers softly. Unwrapping Somin's small arms on his waist, he pulls her hand, interwining the fingers and walk to the living room.

He looks around for Matthew who he thought is sitting on the couch, but now is nowhere to be found. 

" I'll go back to the office, cousin. I forgot I've discussion with the team in fifteen minutes." 

He saw Matthew walks out of his room. 

" Oh, ok.." 

After Matthew left, he sits at the couch, bringing Somin together. 

" So, tell me what happened." 

Taehyung smiles. This girl, sure never know how to be patient. He take a deep breath, staring at the girl before start telling her the truth knowing well Somin never accept a lie. 


" What are you saying, Taehyung? Do you expect us to believe that dirty-blood?" 

Taehyung looks at Aunt Miyeon direction. He knew it. Of course Matthew's self-proclaimed anti will never trust what he just said. 

" Umma, don't blame Taehyung. That dirty-blood told him a lie."

He shakes his head at how thick-skinned Myungsoo can be. 

" A lie you say?" 

Taehyung takes his IPad out, opening the email he just received from Jaehyung last night. 

" Then what is all this?"

He shoves the IPad to the two with a smirk. His grandpa approaches the two to check what he shown to them. 

" This is bull! You got this from Jaehyung, right? That guy is a douche! He takes a revenge on me after I rejected his sister."

Taehyung couldn't believe the nonsense spurted by Myungsoo. Sure he knew the story. But he also knew the fact that Myungsoo is the one being rejected by Jaehyung's sister. 

" That Jaehyung, he always a pro in photoshopping."

Taehyung smirks. 

" Oh yeah? How did you know that? Oh, I forgot. You did the same before right? Photoshopping my infamous gay picture with BM?" 


And that was it. That was how he got this bruise. From Myungsoo. 

But what hurt him the most it his grandpa's statement after he threw a punch at Myungsoo. 


" Kim Taehyung!"

He stops his action, flinching at the voice coming from his grandpa. 

" You disappoint me. I never raise you to be like this!" 

He releases his hold on Myungsoo's collar. 

" If you continue to be like this, I might reconsider your position as the heir of the Kim." 


He feels a small hand on his cheek. He turns to his left where Somin sit. 

" Tae, I'm sorry to hear that."

He shakes his head. Taking the girl's hand on his cheek, he brings it to his lap before resting his head on the girl's shoulder. 

" Promise me, Somin." 

" Hmmm?" 

" You won't leave me." 

He then feels a kiss on his head. And that's all it takes to assure him everything will be fine..