Chapter 6

About Us

' You sure you're gonna be ok?'

Somin smiles reading the text from the always-overly-concern Kim Taehyung. When she told him she going to go to a club tonight, with Jiwoo, it triggered Taehyung so much. Since both her and Taehyung never like the environment offered in the club. They're homebody. They like to spend their time at home instead of socializing outside. She doesn't recall the last time she went to a club. But she did remember it was with Taehyung.

' I just be there for an hour at the most, I promise.'

She typed fast to reply Taehyung's text. Knowing well that the man can be really anxious waiting for her reply.

' Don't drink too much. Don't dance too hard. Don't be too close with any guys. And most importantly, don't follow whatever Jiwoo told you.'

She chuckles reading Taehyung's reply especially at the final "don'ts".

' Why so many don't? And, what's wrong with following Jiwoo?'

' Just, don't!'

She chuckles again at Taehyung's reply. She can imagine the man' s expression at the moment. Him and his wrath at Jiwoo. She does think if the man is not in an urgent meeting with his father and grandpa, he will surely accompany her here. Just like he always would.

" Dear cousin, you're scaring me with that chuckles.."

She looks at Taehyung's arch-enemy who dressed with a black and gold short dress. Her cousin flips her hair while constantly checking the wine in the fridge prepared inside the limosine they are riding right now. 

" Let her be, Jiwoo.. We all know she's texting the Kim Taehyung."

Yoon Chaekyung, her best friend who sat opposite to her just raise her brows teasingly. She just reply with a death glare signing her to stop the nonsense.

" Seriously Somin-ie, are you dating him or not?"

" Boss, you're dating Mr. Kim?"

They heard Chaewon's voice who sat at the front with the driver from the speaker just after Jiwoo dropped the question about her relationship with Taehyung.

" What? Seriously girls..."

She just shaking her head, and once again checking her phone, and for the nth time chuckling at Taehyung's reply.

' I'm so gonna ditch father and grandpa if you're not on the limo back home after an hour.'

" Somin, just run to your beloved instead.."

Jiwoo rolls her eyes seeing Somin who is chuckling while reading she sure is Taehyung's text. Seriously, this cousin of hers, she doesn't understand what with Somin and Taehyung. The two are super close as they've spent more than half of their ages together. But, never declare themselves a thing.

Jiwoo's principal is simple. Friends don't cuddles. Friends don't pecks. She doesn't know of Somin, but to her, most importantly, man and woman, can never be a friend because one of them sure will fall for another.

" What are you thinking so deeply dear Ms. Jeon Jiwoo?"

She smiles at Chaekyung's question.

" We're arriving.."

She nods and looks at her cousin again who still has her eyes on phone.

Coming out of the limo, they're greeted by a bunch of reporters whose they didn't expect to be waiting for them. Perhaps, someone leaks the news that the heiress of Jeon will be here tonight.

Of course, everyone want to have the heiress' news on their media outlets. They want to be the first to report anything about not only Somin, but all chaebol company's heirs. Perhaps that is why Somin and Taehyung prefer to spend their time at home instead. And perhaps that's why the Kim had all their family live in one building equipped with all possible facilities including gyms, club, cinema and more. Things every chaebols envy the Kim the most as they appear to be the cleanest among all.

Jiwoo amazes at how Somin maintained her stern expression although few seconds ago she was all smiling and chuckling. Linking arms with Chaekyung, Somin leads them walk through the reporters into the club. Maybe that is why she always thought no one can rival Somin's position as the Jeon's heiress. There's no other suitable candidate in Jeon other than Somin.

They enter the VIP room reserved by Chaewon for them, and finally Somin can drop her icy persona. The girl finally let loose, slumping on one of the couch which has a huge mirror showing the dancing floor downstairs.

" How did they know we're gonna come here?" First statement coming from the star of the night.

" Chaewon?" Feeling the death stare from her boss, Chaewon's face turn pale. Although she had been with Somin since they were kids, she was after all trained to be with Somin by her own father who is Mr. Jeon's assistant, continuing their family's legacy on serving the Jeon's, she still can never get used to the girl's cold remarks.

" Don't scold her. It's my fault. I uploaded our selca just now inside the limo."

Chaekyung said as she takes a seat beside Somin. She pours the champagne in hope that her best friend can forgive her knowing best that Somin always hate the unnecessary attention.

" Sorry bestie.. Ok? It's just that I wanna show-off to that bastard that I am ok with the break-up. Like, 'Hey, look, I can have fun with the Jeon's even after you break-up with me'".

Somin stares at her best friend. Right. That is the reason why they're here. To have a post break-up party for Chaekyung - is what Jiwoo suggested when all Chaekyung ask is just a night together in her studio with the quartet.

" Chill, cousin. I'm sure everything's good. Remember last time when you're here with J. Seph? There was nothing reported. After all, we're not gonna do anything illegal."

Jiwoo reassures the girl. She hugs Chaewon shoulder and bring the pale girl to the other couch.

" I already informed the PR team to stand-by should anything happen, boss."

Somin breathes at Chaewon's remarks. She looks at the three faces in front of her. The only girlfriends she ever had in life. High and low, these are the people with her, of course minus Taehyung.

" I'm sorry for over-reacting." Holding up her glass, she strikes a smile, her usual pretty smile she always has with people close to her, to the three.

" Cheers!"

 

 

Jaehyung taps Matthew shoulder. The latter follows the former's eye's direction.

" Daebak!"

Jaehyung smiles. He gives signs to Matthew that he's going to approach the pair who's currently making out in one hidden corner in the club.

" Jae, don't."

Matthew holds his bestfriend's shoulder,stopping Jaehyung to take the next step there.

" But.."

Matthew smiles. " Your job is finished. Thanks so much."

" BM, just let me.."

He shakes his head remembering what Taehyung told him few days back to be more careful, and he so not going to let Jaehyung to involve more than he already is, the boy is after all belong to other prestigious family, not Kim.

" Thanks, Jae. But, this is enough. Just forget about all this. Let me do the rest."

Patting his best friend's back, he smiles and walks to the pair. Upon reaching the spot, he clears his throat and taps the male's shoulder.

" The ?"

Hearing the swear, he stares at the pair disgustingly.

" Fancy seeing you here, dear saint Myungsoo."

Sarcastically, he smirks at the male.

" Grandpa so gonna be please if I let him know his dear Myungsoo is having fun with the secretary of M&D's director."

Myungsoo grabs Matthew's collars.

" Don't you dare!"

Matthew remains calm.

" Oh yes I am."

He bravely challenge Myungsoo's glare.

" Matthew! Don't you dare! I warn you!"

Matthew laughes sarcastically. Wondering how on earth this cousin of his can be so confident.

" Dear mama-boy, I wonder what is your mother reaction if she knows what her so-called good like a saint son doing at night."

Seeing Myungsoo's face turn pale make him feel like it's all worth the effort, and he's so gonna need to buy Jae a plane ticket to Switzerland where his best friend always go to whenever he got free time.

" What night business? I only met my college friends."

He laughes at Myungsoo's silly excuses. Sometimes he wonder if Myungsoo really is his cousin since that man doesn't seem to inherit the Kim's intelligence.

" College friends don't make-out, Myungsoo."

He refrain himself to laugh seeing Myungsoo hurriedly ask the girl to leave, giving the girl some bills from his pocket. After some time, Myungsoo faces him again, now with his trademark cocky expression.

" I warn you, Matthew. Who's gonna believe you? Will they believe me, the good boy of the Kim or you, who is the dirty blood!"

That's it. He just had it enough. From the day of the family dinner, to tonight. That's it. He throws a punch to Myungsoo's face.

" You!"

He approaches Myungsoo again, and punches that guy who has a notably smaller build than him again and again.

He hears nothing. He just had it enough. Myungsoo just have to be so unlucky to be the one pushing his limit button.

It is not until he saw a face of an angel looking at him from a VIP room one floor upstairs from where he is at.

The face that he first saw when he visited his dearest cousin in London few years back. The face that he always save in his mind, to hold his composure.

He finally stop..