Chapter 11

About Us

 

 

 

 

 

" Dear cousin, what is wrong with you?"

Jiwoo rolled her eyes seeing the restless Somin.

" You've been fidgeting non-stop!"

She came to the Jeon's mansion as usual. Well, she did came here everyday, she just loves spending time with her grandma if she's not traveling anywhere. It's not like she has to go to office though.

" Somin-ah!"

Somin turned her head to Jiwoo who had been staring at her. She didn't even realise her cousin came to her room. She thought Jiwoo is still with grandma at the vinyl house, grandma's favorite place.

" Oh, you're here?"

Jiwoo rolled her eyes again.

" What? Seriously cousin!"

She approached her cousin, knocked her forhead.

" I've been here for ten ing minutes already!"

She crossed her arms around her body, facing the girl who is now only looking at her direction.

" Sorry, Jiwoo-yah.."

Somin pulled Jiwoo's wrist, hoping the cousin she loved the most will forgive her.

" Jiwoo-yah.."

Jiwoo sighed seeing Somin's puppy eyes. She hates the fact that that eyes of Somin, always, always make her lost. And, the fact that Somin knows that, and always use it as her weakness, make her angrier at herself.

" I hate you!"

Somin smiled. She kissed the back of Jiwoo's hand on hers.

" But seriously, cousin. What are you thinking of just now?"

Somin diverted her gaze away from Jiwoo, afraid she'll be caught by her cousin, knowing well Jiwoo will never let her go. 

" Nothing." 

She reached her IPad on her working desk in attempt to pretend that she's currently very busy. 

" Cousin.."

Jiwoo rolled her eyes seeing Somin's act that sure looks very awkward to her. 

Well, she knew Somin for her whole life, of course she understands her cousin more than anything else. 

" You're not thinking that you can fool me right, cousin?" 

She pulled a chair, and sit across Somin. 

" What's wrong?" 

She knew the board meeting is next Monday, and she knew what await her cousin. 

After all, she was invited to attend the meeting too as she's one of the shareholders too.

" Is it about next Monday?" 

Somin looked back at her cousin. Next Monday? What did her cousin meant? 

" Don't worry much. I'll be there for you. You know that. And grandma will also be there.. Grandpa too.. And, of course, your parents and mine. We're all behind you, you know that, right?" 

" Jiwoo-yah.." 

Somin wanted to correct her cousin. Although it is true that she's so worried of the board meeting on Monday, there's other thing that bugging her lately. And, she was not sure whether to tell Jiwoo or not as it will be super awkward for her to talk about a man who is never close to her. 

" You're the legitimate heir, decided by our ancestors, you shouldn't be worried."

Somin smiled at the fact that it was decided since hundreds years ago that the heir of Jeon's would be the first child of the previous heir regardless there's other older child being born earlier. 

And, since Somin's father was previously the heir of the Jeon's, she's automatically picked as the heir although she has few other older cousins. 

" You shouldn't be worried much." 

Somin reached Jiwoo's hand on the desk. 

" Thanks, Jiwoo.. But this is not about that." 

Jiwoo frowned. 

" I mean, yes I am worried about the board meeting. But, since I know you'll be there, grandma, grandpa, my mom and dad and of course auntie and uncle, I somehow feel relieved."

Somin smiled assuring her cousin that this isn't about the meeting. 

" Is this about Kim Taehyung?"

Somin frowned at her cousin's question. 

" I am right, right? What did he do again? Did he bullied you? This Kim Taehyung! You wait here, Somin.. I'll teach him a lesson!" 

Somin caught Jiwoo's wrist, trying to stop her cousin that suddenly get up. 

" Yah! Jeon Jiwoo! It is not about Taehyung! Aish! Why are you linking everything to him? He didn't do anything. If anything, he only stay by my side, accompany me, comforting me."

She never wanted Jiwoo to hate Taehyung. She always wanted Jiwoo, and everyone to know how Taehyung mean everything to her. If only she didn't had him back then in London... 

" Yah, Somin-ah.. Ok.. Ok.. I got it.."

Jiwoo felt guilty seeing Somin's sudden sad expression. Her cousin is always like this whenever she express her dislikes towards the heir of Kim. It's not that she hates him. It's just that, she's super cautious towards outsiders, especially their business competitor. 

She just never understand how Somin can trust Taehyung that much. She knows that they were very close since in London, but, when she asked Somin if the two are dating, Somin always denies it. 

" Ok.. Ok.. So now, can you tell me what is wrong with you if it is not about the board meeting or Kim Taehyung?"

Somin shook her head. She was not sure if it is right to tell Jiwoo about this.

" Nothing. Don't worry much."

Jiwoo raised her brows. 

" Don't lie, Somin.. Please.."

Somin smiled to her cousin. 

" It was nothing. Don't worry. It's just that, I think I shouldn't overthinking much." 

Yes. That's for sure. She just realized that, she shouldn't have tp worry about others when she herself got many things to worry about. This Monday for example..