Chapter 8

About Us

Taehyung approaches Matthew's desk just outside of his office.

" You have five minutes to explain, BM. Grandpa is coming down."

Matthew stands up, tapping Taehyung's shoulder, asking his cousin to let him explain in a more closed room, Taehyung's office.

" Ok, just what happened yesterday? Thank God Jae called me."

Yes, it is all thanks to Jaehyung's fast action yesterday to let Taehyung know that his cousin could urge the PR team to control the media yesterday from releasing the photos of him and Myungsoo's fight. But still, the secured pictures and videos reached his grandpa's hand.

" BM, I don't need you this idly. I need your explanation so that I can back you up later."

Matthew sighes seeing the boss in Taehyung. The side he rarely show to him. Seeing that, he knows he doesn't has any other choice but to speak.

" Me and Jae secure evidence that Myungsoo does have a relationship with M&D. We saw him making-out with the director's secretary last night."

He explains the details to Taehyung.

" But, how come you punch him?"

He looks down. Knowing well his next explanation will sound like a mere excuse to Taehyung.

" Did he or did he not provoked you?"

He looks at Taehyung in disbelief. How can he guess it right?

" Sure he did. There's no way the BM I know will use his fist."

Hearing what Taehyung said about him somehow made his heart broke. Sure Taehyung knew so much about him. After all, one of the reason he went to London back and forth back then was to visit a psychiatrist who was his cousin's schoolmate.

He didn't know what made him do what he did last night. After completing the treatment, he always know how to hold his composure. And, whenever he started to lose his cool, he visualize an angel in his mind. The very same angel he saw last night.

" BM?"

He clears the lump in his throat.

" Sorry, mate. It's just that, I've had enough."

Taehyung smiles bitterly knowing well what his cousin meant. Sure this is a tough week for Matthew, still, he shouldn't resort to violence.

" And you dump it all on Myungsoo? Was it worth, BM?"

He looks down again, not having any courage to face Taehyung's eyes.

" Was it, BM? I ask you, was it worth?"

He doesn't know what to say knowing no answer will be able to calm Taehyung down.

" All your effort and Jae could go to waste, dear cousin.."

Just after Taehyung finished his sentence, the door is pushed harshly from outside.

" What on Earth are you thinking?"

Matthew's head turn to the left as he received a loud slap on his right cheek from his grandpa.

" Grandpa!"

Taehyung holds his grandpa's hand which ready to slap Matthew's other cheek. He looks around. There stand Myungsoo, the root of the problem and Kim Miyeon. Behind Taehyung is his cousin's father, Kim Hasung. His mother on the other hand stands with her arms crossed at the door of Taehyung's office.

" You should thank Taehyung for clearing it all for you!"

He opens his mouth to say something but Taehyung's mother, Lee Gayoung stops him to do so.

" Out! Just, out from my sight!"

He feels his arm is pulled by his aunt Gayoung to walk out from the room. Taehyung gives him a sign that everything is gonna be ok. He looks to Myungsoo's direction. It is not surprising that the mama-boy smirks victoriously to him.

As he passes through the door, he heard one hurtful sentence from his very own mother.

" Ungrateful brat!"

Entering the penthouse he shared with Taehyung, he slumps his body to the couch.

" Are you ok, son?"

He spares a look to his Aunt Gayoung, the only motherly figure he knew in his life. He throws his body to the lady, hugging her like he always did since he was child as his mother had never even touched him.

" Shh.. It's ok.."

He feels the old lady hands on his back, comforting him. He rests his head on his favorite aunt's shoulder. After a few minutes, he seems to calm down and unwrap the hug.

" Thanks auntie."

He wipes the tears on his cheek.

" Everything is going to be ok. Taehyung told me last night about it. You did the right thing. That Myungsoo kid need to be taught."

He smiles hearing the expected statement from his aunt, knowing well Taehyung's parents adore him so much.

" Thanks, auntie."

His aunt just nod and checks her phone as she just received a message.

" I need to go down back. You're good on your own, right?"

He smiles assuring the old lady that he's going to be fine here.

Being left alone, he leans back to the couch. His head fell to the back. He closes his eyes, in attempt to search for calmness.

He already expected the wrath, but why did it still broke his heart. Maybe because the words Myungsoo said did came true.

No one believe him.

Even his own mother.

He sighes for the nth time. No matter how much Taehyung and his parents support and love him, he knows he really is unwanted.

" Everyone born purely."

He opens his eyes upon hearing the melodic voice in his head. An angel's voice. The soothing voice that give thousands calmness in him.

He takes his phone out and start searching for the number he saved last night. The number he copied from a small paper he received last night from his angel.

Contemplating for a while, he decides to give it a go. He starts typing on his phone.

' Why is it always this hurt when we say the truth?'

He stares at his phone. It's been five minutes since he sent the messages and he is yet to receive any reply from the girl.

Yeah.. What do you expect? Maybe she was drunk last night to suddenly approach him for the first time ever, talking to him like they're used to do so, when it is actually their first..

Perhaps the number is not even right to begin with. She might just wrote any random numbers and he just too stupid to believe it is hers. What a fool..

He stands to go to the kitchen to grab something from fridge, but his steps stop when he heard a notification sound from his phone.

He quickly grab his phone on the table, and suddenly he smiles..

' At least it hurts less than when you tell a lie'

He types a reply.

' Why? A liar I know didn't even have to face a wrath like I did'

He taps his fingers waiting for the reply. For some reasons, his heart began to calm. The sadness, the frustration he had minutes ago slowly disappear.

' Try tell a lie then see if you can get a good night sleep'