Chapter 7

About Us

" Hish!"

Matthew looks at his knuckles that are now full with bruises, marks he got minutes ago. Taking the glass on the table in front of him, he stares to the front, blankly. He sighes.

What a day. He should expect another wrath, not only from his grandpa but also Taehyung. The latter had remind him to be more careful. But, where did all the reporters came from?

Of course, the Jeon's princesses are here tonight in addition to the maknae daughter of the Yoon who owns one of the largest law firm in South Korea. Of course the reporters never want to miss the opportunity of having the quartet news on their media outlet.

But, it is no secret to all that the Jeon's heiress never attract unnecessary attention, she's very clean, unlike him. He still remember the first time he met her, years ago when he visited his cousin, Taehyung in London.

 

" What's up, cousin!"

Matthew hugs Taehyung's back who's facing the stove, perhaps cooking something. He always love to back hug Taehyung but today is different.

His eyes caught a petite girl walking out from his cousin's dry kitchen, holding a basket full of vegetables, which she might just took them out from the fridge. The girl spare a look at him with the coldest stare he ever received for a second before turning to Taehyung's figure with a totally different expression - softer.

He knew the girl. Being one of the chaebol kids, he knew people he should know, including the girl. She's the Jeon's heiress. But, he never knew his cousin is this close with her for the girl to even be in this mansion which rarely received guests unless for official events.

" BM!"

Taehyung now is facing him with a wide smile, welcoming him to this mansion own by their grandpa.

" When did you arrived? Why don't you inform me? I can pick you up at Heathrow."

Matthew smiles, eye still at the girl, probably one of the most beautiful girl he ever encountered, but the coldest.

" It's ok. I took the tube."

He mouthed ' Who? Girlfriend?' to Taehyung with eyes still glued at the girl who's busying herself at the sink, washing the veges.

Taehyung chuckels. Matthew witnesses his cousin who rarely have any interaction with girl, put his hand on the girl's tiny waist, turning her to face him.

" Somin, this is Matthew, my cousin, Matthew, this is Somin, my soulmate."

Is what Taehyung said though it earned his cousin a loud smack on his stomach from the ice princess, but still, it was enough to make his heart feels uncomfortable.

" Aww.. Aww.. Ok.. Ok.. I'm sorry, Somin."

He watches his mighty cousin who always been treated as a king by the Kim, now had his ears pulled by a girl. The Jeon's princess to be exact.

" How many times do I need to remind you to stop with that soulmate thingy!"

That is the first time he heard the girl's voice. Pretty.

" Ok.. Ok.. I swear will not do it again."

The girl gives threatening glare at Taehyung before turning back to the sink, continuing her unfinished works.

" And don't forget to remind the PR team to block any reports on me staying the night here. You know I don't like it, but because it is your birthday, I give in. But be sure to control the damage!"

Taehyung smiles. He mouthed 'nagging-granny' to Matthew while pointing to the girl. But when Somin glares at him again, he stops mouthing.

" Yeah..yeah.. I know.. I already told the team. I know you never like cheap publicity, right princess?"

 

He can never understand the state of his heart. It is not that he ever in shortage of woman. Girls throw themselves at him. Maybe, that's why he feels like Somin is different in his heart.

He doesn't know when it was started that he has that icy cold expression occupying his mind. Of course, he never told Taehyung, afraid his secret will be exposed. How he always find solemn at the girl's images.

" Are you ok?"

And now he can even hear the girl's voice. God! He sure need to see his psychiatrist soon.

" BM?"

Or maybe it isn't an illusion when he raise his head, his view is greeted by a pair of anxious eyes watching his every moves. He finally realize the girl is sitting on the couch in front of him.

" Are you ok?"

He heard her asking again, not with her usual stern voice, he can sense a genuine concern in her voice making his heart flutters since no one except Taehyung ever sounded like that to him.

" Is that hurt?"

He touches the place the girl pointed. The corner of his lips where Myungsoo punched him after he lose his focus on his fight after seeing an angel. This angel.

" BM?"

He closes his eyes hearing her melodic voice sounding his name. Not for long as he opens his eyes again hoping for the second time that it is an illusion.

But, he still sees the girl looking at him. Sighing, he finally found courage to speak as if this is his first time learn how to speak.

" I'm good."

He knows very well he sounded not ok. Not physically, but mentally. He smiles hoping the girl is satisfied with his answer.

" Somin!"

He turns to the direction of the voice calling the girl in front of him.

" I gotta go. Here."

The girl hurriedly stand as if it is a sin sitting here with him, but he saw she puts a band-aid on the table.

And, he don't know how, what, and why, he pulls the girl's wrist, earning questioned stared from the girl.

" I.. I.. Erm.. Can.. Can you stay?"

He looks down. Don't know why his tears falling down to his cheek.

" But.."

Wiping the tears, he looks up again, smiling bitterly.

" It's ok. I know it's not right for the Jeon's heiress to be pictured with me, the dirty-blood of Kim."

He swears he saw an angel smiling at him. Somin then tells her cousin that she'll be back soon and sit back on the couch.

" It's easy to be heir and heiress, right? No one dare to disobey you."

He eyes the girl who's pouring water into her glass. Seeing how her cousin didn't question much on her decision to leave the trio for having talks with him here, somehow making him think, perhaps it is easy if he is the heir.

" Nah, you don't know Jiwoo. She just give in today since she's dying to make Chaekyung a drunk mess tonight."

Matthew's heart beating rapidly seeing the smile plastered on Somin's lips.

" And, don't tell me Taehyung didn't share with you how hard it is becoming the heir. It's not like no one is dying to have the spot instead."

Matthew nods in agreement. Of course. That's one reason why he was fighting with Myungsoo.

" I guess Taehyung is lucky to have you, clearing his path."

He knits his brows at the remarks. So, Taehyung did tell the girl about him.

" Nah, that's the responsibility I must have for being a dirty-blood. To never eye the throne I never deserve, but staying by the heir's side, forever. In return, I got to have Kim as my surname."

He smiles bitterly. Not knowing why he spilled it out to the girl. Maybe it is the effect of alcohol. He's not sure. He never close with the girl, but maybe he just had enough. He needs someome to listen to his says. With no Taehyung, this girl's presence in front of him can be his cousin's replacement as she reminds him so much of his cousin. Maybe..

" Don't say that. Everyone born purely."

Hearing Matthew's story, makes her remember her half-sister. Hara was once like Matthew. Not eyeing for something she never deserve, looking for her own path instead.

" And, if we compare ourselves with others, we'll never get enough. We'll always feel lacking, though we already have everything we need. And.."

Somin's words cut short when her phone vibrating signifying there's text. Watching the girl's smile upon reading the text, he can somehow assume who is it from as the smile is different from what he received from her - beautiful. Seconds later Somin is getting up.

" Sorry, I gotta go."

He extends his hand to reach the paper given by the girl which she had written something on it before she stood up.

" Just, text me if anything. And, be strong."

Somin walks away after giving him her angelic smile that calm his heart. But it is not long after he saw the girl is now linking arms with a man who is standing at the top of the stairs, and the pair walk to the VIP room.

" Why are you coming?"

Somin softly asks Taehyung who suddenly appeared.

" Well, I did told you I'll be here if you're not on your way back home yet."

Well, that's Kim Taehyung for her. She knew it the moment she saw her watch read 12, the man will come here.

" And when I called Chaewon, she said Chaekyung is dead drunk, you were missing and Jiwoo, that girl, is now DJ-ing? Just what on Earth did you girls think you're doing?"

Taehyung flicks Somin's forehead. 

" Sorry.."

Maybe she shouldn't have approach this man's cousin just now, sitting there, listening to his worries, end up giving some advices as if she's one great motivator when she never is since she herself got her own shares.

She doesn't get herself. On what basis did she approached the guy just now? She's never close with him. Yes, they hang out few times, but of course with Taehyung and she can even count how many times she ever speak to that guy, close to none to be exact.

But maybe, seeing the guy's broken expression from the VIP room's window just now, reminds her of herself years ago when she was named as the heiress of Jeon and no one in the family except her grandma and father seems to like the idea.

" Somin? What's wrong?"

She feels Taehyung's palm on her cheek. Looking around to see if there's any reporter around. When she feel it is safe, she took his hand, clasping it together with hers, she gives the man an assuring smile saying she is ok when she doubt she is..