Chapter 4

About Us

" Somin-ie, I've brought pizza for you!"

The loud shout at the studio's door makes both Somin and Taehyung turn to the direction.

" What the ? J.Seph! Did you stole my Somin-ie food?!"

Taehyung's brows furrows at the statement.

" What? What am I? A food stealer?"

Letting go of Taehyung's hold on her right hands, Somin walks to the door.

" Jeon Jiwoo, I never will steal food, I cook!"

Taehyung raises his brows and turn to the stove again. Taking the pot with burned chigae, he walks to the sink to clean it up.

" Really?"

Somin rolls her eyes and take the boxes of pizzas from Jiwoo's hand, walk to the kitchen counter.

" Stop it you two. You really shouldn't meet."

Jiwoo walks to the counter. Ignoring the man at the sink, she pulls out the chair beside Somin.

" You okay, cousin?"

The redness in her same-age cousin's face isn't something she couldn't miss. 

" Better now that Tae is here."

Smiling at the statement, Taehyung turns around, pull another chair at the counter, opposite to Somin. 

" Ewwww.. Just so you know, she just doesn't have any choice other than to call you since I just arrived from Singapore this morning."

Ignoring the blonde-haired girl statement, he extends his hand, open one of the boxes, and take one slice of the pizza and feed Somin. 

" And you, cousin! Don't freaking call stranger whenever you're feeling not ok! Call Chaekyung! Or your PA, Chaewon!" 

She never please at Taehyung's attentiveness to Somin. Actually not only Taehyung, when it comes to Somin, she really don't like anyone making a move to her beloved cousin. Although she was born months later than Somin, still, she feels like protecting her dearest cousin from danger, like the man in front of them who is now has no shame and eat the pizza thay she bought without her permission! 

" I didn't call him, Jiwoo. Stop it! And he is not stranger. He's Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung sticks his tongue out to the fuming blonde-haired girl. 

" Yah!" 

Somin rolls her eyes again at the childish acts in front of her. Standing-up from the chair, intending to makes her way to the door to enter her office again, so that she can continue her unfinished works yesterday. 

" Where are you going?" 

Taehyung catches Somin wrist, and walks to her side. 

" Rather than listening to you guys bickering, I rather work." 

" You still need rest." 

" I'm fine. Didn't I said I am ok already?" 

Taehyung shooks his head. 

" Just rest. I'll help you, ok?"

Hearing that, Jiwoo couldn't help but to argue yet again for the nth time. 

" Hell no! You don't need to help J.Seph."

Annoyed, Taehyung turn to look at the girl with pizza in her hand. 

" And why is that?" 

" Because you're a Kim! Who knows if you have hidden agenda?" 

Jiwoo walks to Somin, releasing Taehyung's hold on her cousin's wrist. She than wrap her arms on Somin's waist. 

" Yah! You well-aware I'm not like that!" 

Taehyung shout, mad at the false accusation. 

" Ok, stop it you two."

Somin had enough. 

" Jiwoo, Tae isn't like that. We know that already! And Tae, please stop bickering with my cousin." 

She walks to the couch after Jiwoo released her waist, sitting on it, she feels her headache came again. 

" You ok?"

Both Taehyung and Jiwoo run to her. She chuckles at both's overly concern act when a minute ago they just couldn't stop killing each other with their sharp tongue. 

" I am. Oh and Jiwoo, did you meet grandma yet?"

She asks the girl on her left who is now checking her pulse acting like a doctor, who she never is. 

" Not yet. I came here just after touchdown."

" She asks for you yesterday. I don't know why. But you should rush there instead of wasting your time bickering with your arch-enemy."

At the mention of their grandma, Jiwoo, abruptly stand and run to the door. Sure, grandparents can be really intimidating sometimes. 

The studio is at peace again with only Taehyung and Somin. Taehyung brings his fingers to the girl's temple, massaging it hoping it will ease the girl's headache. 

" Now it's peace."

Somin takes Taehyung's other hand, bringing it to her lap. She plays with the man's long fingers as she speaks. 

" Tae, stop bickering with her, will you?" 

She heard his long sigh. 

" She's the only one from the family that is by my side. She never threaten my position when she has every right to do so." 

She looks at the man's eyes deeply hoping that Taehyung will understand. 

" What do you mean by that?" 

Taehyung asks softly. Somin's previous statement somehow triggered him. Something must had happened. 

" Nothing."

He catches Somin's wavering eyes. Stopping his massages on her temple, he brings his other hand to the girl's hand, clasping both his hands on hers. He turns his body sideways to face the girl who now has her head down. 

" Somin.." 

Somin sighes. She knows she can never lie to Taehyung. 

" Well, nothing's new. It's just that some of the directors prefer Sunbin unnie as the heiress instead of me." 

He frowned at the mention of Somin's half sister. The reason why Somin is so cold to others. She was put under huge pressure due to her mother's illegitimate daughter before marrying her father. Sunbin. 

" You know, when Jiwoo said no to them, and start being a what they called brat rich chaebol girl, I knew it they will look for another candidate. They never wanted me at the top." 

Taehyung brings his arm to the girl's small shoulder. He knew all the back story of Jeon family. Somin never failed to told him all. And, Jiwoo was once worked in the company, but when there were some rumors saying she tried to take Somin's spot when she never wanted to do so, she stopped working at the company, began traveling all over the world, becoming a reknown photographer to show she never want the spot. 

And Sunbin.. 

" I thought she loves her model and acting works." 

That half-sister of Somin is one of South Korea most popular actress. Started as a model who first modeled for the Jeon Corp, she then broaden her career as actress. 

He never thinks that Sunbin ever want anything in the company since she is an illegitimate daughter. 

" Someone might had approached her promised her stars and moons of she ever agree to challenge the position." 

Taehyung's heart could help but broken at the bitter smile plastered on Somin's lips. 

" I'm sorry to hear that.." 

He extends his arms, hug the girl tightly hoping that could give the girl some strength. 

" Don't be, Tae."

Somin brings her hand to his neck, stares at the man's watery eyes. 

" You know how your presence makes me strong." 

She smiles at the man. It is not a lie if she consider Taehyung as her energizer. Just with a mere text from the man can make her forget all problems she coukd be facing. 

" And so did you.." 

Taehyung tighten his hold...