Chapter 3

About Us

"Somin?"

Taehyung frowned when all he see is an empty office. He walks to the huge oak table that has 'Jeon Somin - General Manager' name plate on it. He touches the smooth surface of the table while his other hand touches his chin.

' Where is that smol-bean?'

He takes his phone out of his jean's pocket, pressing number 1 which is his speed-dial for the girl. No answer.

He tries for two times again, and when he still receive the same answer, he decides to dial the girl's personal assistant number.

"Yes, Mr. Kim?"

"Thank God you're answering."

He smiles hearing Chaewon, Somin's PA said her boss asked her to be stand-by 24/7, and will deduct her pay if she didn't answer any calls, even on weekend like this and her off days.

"And where is your tyrant boss? I'm in her office, but couldn't see her."

He is now sitting on the couch inside the huge room.

" Oh, boss is not there? Did you check her studio? She did mentioned she will stay at the office finishing some proposals when we bid goodbye yesterday's evening. "

Taehyung looks at the mahogany door behind Somin's chair which he knows lead to her studio, the place where she often spend her rest there.

"Is everything ok?"

And, he knows the fact that if Somin staying the night in the studio, the girl do have some problems.

"The board meeting is soon, and you know how it is."

Taehyung sighes. He knows what Chaewon meant. The fact that Somin is a girl, people often call her the Jeon's princess. They doubt her capabilities even when she had successfully lead huge number of projects ever since she took the GM post early last year.

He puts his phone inside his pocket and walks to the mahogany door. Knocking it twice, receiving no answer, he pushes it and calls the girl's name.

" Somin?"

Still no answer, he walks to the king-sized bed at the centre of the room, sitting on it. He frowns when he suddenly heard a groan. He gasped seeing the person he's looking for is lying beside the bed, on the floor.

"Somin! God!" 

He stand and hurriedly get the girl, put his arm under the girl's back and legs, carries her to the bed.

" Somin.. Somin!" 

His heart is beating so fast. He is afraid. Of course. She is an iron lady, she rarely ill. Last time, if his memory serves him right, when they were in London after they were back from skiing in Highland. 

He pats the girl's red cheek, hoping she will regain consciousness. But all he received are painful moans from the girl. He put the back of his palm on the girl's forehead, gasping when he feels how hot it is. 

He runs to the bathroom, snatching the small towel hanging on the rail, wet them and bring it to the bed. 

He puts the towel on the girl's forehead, caressing her hair, attempting to ease the pain the girl is having.

After a while, when he sees her breathing is calming, he stands and walk to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, he looks for anything that he can prepare for the sick girl.  

He sighes for the nth time. Sure. He well-aware why Somin tries so hard. They both had been live under pressure for so long. Maybe people would not call it pressure, but expectation. A very high expectation till both of them sometimes forgot who they really are.

Maybe that is why he envies Matthew. The boy's straightforwardness, is what he envy the most. BM is never afraid of saying, and doing whatever he likes. Well, his cousin did said it's all because people never like him anyways, so why bother satisfying them? 

But, he knew very well, as much he wished to live like that, he never can be. Not when his father is the first son of the Kim, and he is the next in line to lead the group. 

Perhaps that's what makes him close with Somin. They both share the same fate. As much as they want to run from it, they never can be. 

While his hands busy preparing the brunch for the girl, his mind travel to the memory when he first met the girl.

He looks for the empty sit in the huge library. This is his first here. After all, he just enrolled to this elite boarding school. He never wanted to attend this school. He wanted to keep schooling in his home country, but grandpa told him it is a tradition for the heir of the Kim Group to attend this school. 

After a while, he found an empty sit at one table that has quite a number of book on it. He saw a LV backpack on the chair in opposite of the empty chair. He shrugged.

He makes his way there, pulling the chair out and sit on it. He eyes the books in front of him as his hand took out his own books, pencil case and earphone. Just before he put the earphone, the chair in front of him is pulled.

There he saw a brunette hair girl, with pony tail, sitting in front of him. She's wearing the same color ribbon as his tie signifying they're in same grade. Unlike him, the girl never look at him. Her eyes are on books, at all time. 

That was when he first met Somin. The girl emits this cold aura, unapproachable around her. She's like has this huge wall separating her with the world. She's like in her own world. Not until they grow closer to the each other after an incident. 

A pair of hands wrapping around his waist made his memory flies away. He smiles knowing the small hands belong to the girl in his memory a minute ago. 

"Tae.." 

He turned around greeting the girl's red eyes. He brings his fingers to the girl's brows tracing it slowly, thing he loves to do the most to the girl. 

" You're here?" 

He smile softly to the girl is his hold.

" Of course. You know I've sixth sense when it comes to you, right?"

Somin smiles at the man, tightening her hold on his waist, hoping to lend some strength from his warmth. She always amaze at this man's instinct. Taehyung always there whenever she needs a support, ever since they were thirteen.

Taehyung pulls Somin's head to his chest, wanting to let the girl knows he is always here with her. He will not go anywhere. Forever. 

" Tae.." 

" Hmm?" 

"I smell something is burning."

His eyes opened. He turns his body to the stove, still with Somin's hands wrapping his waist. 

" !" 

Somin just laughes. Tip-toeing, she looks over his shoulder. 

"Oh, and now I got to eat a burned kimchi chigae." 

Taehyung turns the stove off and turn around, wrapping his hand on the girl's small waist. He looks down in guilty.

" Sorry.."

He feels the small palm on his cheek. He looks up only to meet with the girl's brown eyes.

" It is ok, Tae. You know we can always order from the shop down the street.."

He returns the girl's smile. He catches the hand on his cheek, interlace her fingers together with his before putting it on his chest. 

" Are you ok?"

He asks Somin, though knowing the answer, he still want her to share it with him.

" I'm always ok with you here, Tae.."