Chapter 1

About Us

He brings the glass with the golden liquid to his mouth. His leg is shaking following the loud music from the speaker. He sometimes bring his eyes around, looking at how stupid people are, wasting their time, here, every night.

Well, not that he is an exception. He came here, almost every night, looking for something that will make him forget. Forget everything. Forget that he was forgotten and abandoned by world.

" Why was it not you?" 

He closes his eyes remembering the hurtful words, that always stab his heart. Yes, he is never wanted. The fact that he is living, is never accepted by his very own, family.. 

The notification sound from his phone makes his eyes opened. He takes the phone he puts on one side of the glass, and press the side button. There, a message from his best friend.

' Where have you been, BM? I thought you are at the family meeting?'

He sighes reading the message from his best friend and also his cousin. Family meeting. Not that he ever welcomed there. Sure Kim Taehyung wanted him there, of course, they are best mates, but he is never feel comfortable by tens of eyes, looking at his presence, there at the monthly family meeting.

' Got prior date'

Is what his regular excuses. At least, that is the best excuse he can think of.

' The regular huh? Vertical?'

Taehyung sure is his best friend. He knows. As always. And, that is what at least made him still living.. 

 

 

 

" Got him?" 

Taehyung turns around. He saw his grandpa, with his stick, walking towards him. He approaches the old man in hurry, holding his left arm, and walk with him to the dining room, where all his relatives will be having their monthly family dinner. 

"Taehyung?"

He never is a good liar. But somehow he always feel like it is a must to lie for Matthew, his same-age cousin, his best friend. 

"He got emergency meeting at the company, grandpa." 

He flashes a smile for his grandpa, hoping that assure the old man.

"I thought I made it clear for all not to have anything on the day of the family meeting." 

Of course the old man is no fool. Taehyung always know that. But.. 

"Sure grandpa. I was with Matthew this afternoon, driving here, but the secretary suddenly called. It's our supplier from Paris, and Matthew volunteered to go seeing what they want. You know how they are, grandpa..

"Just terminate our partnership if they being very difficult!" 

He just smile at his grandpa's response. Dear God, please forgive me..