kailay- Seahorse

2019 - EXO short stories

* So, I recently read an article about how different animals court their potential life partners and I though of hey, why don't I include this in my fanfics. So here it is.


 

Kim Jongin & Zhang Yixing- Seahorse- seahorses find their life partner by dancing until they're in sync.

 


 

Kim Jongin, ever since Yixing can remember (two years, he remembers clearly) has always danced around him. Jongin has a beat he moves to, intimidating at first because why Yixing of all people. And there’s the language barrier and the , so of course, Yixing runs away from that beat and staggers to his own. 

 

Jongin is beautiful, so well mannered, and his skin is a gorgeous tan, legend has it he was kissed by the sun. 

 

And maybe he was, Yixing wouldn’t doubt it. 

Jongin's beat is smooth, slow, and delicate, just like Jongin himself. Honey eyes, a pout, and he moves gracefully, moves with ease, as if he was born for this beat. As if it was his being. 

Yixing finds him beautiful, breathtakingly painful as Jongin’s fingers brush against his fair skin, delicate just like Jongin himself. 

 

He smiles and pulls him forward, wraps a warmth around him and dances, moves, circles around Yixing as he smile, as he pulls, and pulls Yixing deeper into loving him.  

 

Yixing tries to walk on his beat, loud, and energetic, limbs fast, vigorous and sweaty. He tries to show Jongin that their beats can’t match, can’t find common ground. And Jongin frowns, moves his hands to his heart and leans on it, moves slowly as Yixing tries to keep up with his own beat. Tries to tell himself that Jongin, beautiful Jongin can’t match with him.

 

 

On a nightly lit moon day, stars twinkling and reflecting on the surface of the water, Yixing finds himself next to Jongin, there’s medium to their beat, slow, fast, mashing together as Jongin takes Yixing’s hands, warms and safe, loving. 

They give each other a look they knew too well as they danced, swayed and stumped, graceful and energetic, matching, binding, and Yixing feels like he's home. 

 

Everything, every barriers suddenly feels like moss under his palms, easy to crush and move out of his way. Being with Jongin, walking the same beat, being home, Yixing finds there’s nothing he wouldn’t do to have it that way forever.

 


 

 

- Firts up & more to come.

Thank you for reading :)