seho - You love me, you love me not

2019 - EXO short stories

You love me, you love me not. 

 

 

Joonmyeon’s hands reaches in Sehun’s hair, his fingers caressing his scalp and Sehun closes his eyes, leans on Joonmyeon’s shoulders as a content sigh leaves his lips.

He feels Joonmyeon’s lips on his forehead and Sehun smiles, a small sound escaping his lips as well. 

The sofa is soft against his back as Joonmyeon leans both of them back on it.

“I love you Joonie.” Sehun whispers, his lips finding Joonmyeon’s lips. “I love you so much.”

Joonmyeon all but melts into the kiss, mmmhs and moans are all Sehun hears above his own loud beating heart. 

 

—————————————

 

“Hey, Heyy Sehun wake up.” 

There’s a distant voice calling out to him, nudging him and pulling on his shirt. And Sehun coils, turns his head and covers his ears. 

Now there are hands on his body, holding his arms and lips whispering things he can’t fully understand. 

“Hey we’re late, come on get up.”

That voice he knows very well. It’s Joonmyeon’s voice. And they’re late? To what?

 

Sehun groans as his eyes open, Joonmyeon stands in front of him, eyebrows raised, hands folded and his leg tapping. He’s wearing his long black coat, underneath he has on a white dress shirt and black dress pants as well. 

Sehun looks at Joonmyeon and takes him all in. His dark hair, his presence and there’s a shiny silver pendant on his hand. Well Joonmyeon loved rings.  

“Get up.”

He turns and walks away.

‘Why isn’t he calling me babe?’

Sehun gets ready in a haste and in a blurr of what’s going on. Joonmyeon is dressed up and so he does the same. Putting on his dark blue suit and white dress shirt under. He places his watch on and goes out of the room to meet Joonmyeon. 

 

Joonmyeon raises an eyebrow but makes no comment. He gets up from the sofa and goes to put on his shoes. 

Sehun furrows his eyes. 

‘Why is he acting this way?’

 

“Babe?” Sehun puts a hand on Joonmyeon’s back. Joonmyeon tenses, straightening himself. “What’s wrong?” Sehun goes in for a kiss but Joonmyeon looks away. “Okayyy? What did I do? Is it because I made us late to wherever we’re going?”

 

“Let’s just go, Sehun.”

Joonmyeon opens the door and gets out as Sehun looks at him mouth agape. 

 

In the car, Joonmyeon driving and barely saying anything to Sehun, Sehun groans and throws his hand up. 

“Why aren’t you talking to me Joonmyeon? Did something happen? Where are you even taking me?” Sehun huffs, his chest going up and down and his mouth slightly opened. 

Joonmyeon keeps his eyes on the road, chewing his lips and he taps his fingers on the steering wheel. 

‘That’s what he does when he’s hiding something.’ Sehun thinks. He looks outside to see if he can figure the area out. And no, nothing he can remember or even a family street name. They’re on the highway now and,

“Did that sign just say Daegu? Are we going to Daegu, babe? What’s happening there?”

Joonmyeon still doesn’t answer. Sehun sighs, takes his phone and scrolls and scrolls, and it’s only when he opens his camera to take selfies that he notices. 

He looks in the back seat and there’s a black Nike duffel bag. His black Nike duffel bag.

Sehun smiles, gives Joonmyeon a sweet smile, his mouth creating those lines that Joonmyeon said looked great on him when he smiled. 

“Are we going on a vacation babe!? Ohh I love you.” Sehun quickly kisses his cheeks and Joonmyeon’s eyes widen so much Sehun laughs. “I love you Joonie.”

 

Joonmyeon pulls up in front of a house. Brown in color, doesn’t look prestige and Sehun furrows his eyes. 

“Is this where we’re staying?”

Joonmyeon gets the duffel bag out and goes to stand next to Sehun. 

“This is where you will be staying Sehun.”

“What? And what about you?”

Joonmyeon sighs, closes his eyes and opens it again, looking Sehun in the eyes. 

“Sehun you... you need help. I’m not your lover. You’re not my lover. You’re my friend and you have an obsession with me.”

That doesn’t make sense? What is he talking about?

Sehun shakes his head. “Jonnie? What’re you saying? You know I love you. Since high school. You know that, don’t you?”

“That’s the thing Sehun, we met in college. During your freshman year and I was a rising Senior. Remember?”

Sehun’s eyes widen, his body shakes and he quickly grabs Joonmyeon’s arm, Joonmyeon winces. 

“That’s... that’s wrong. You love me. You said you loved me!” He eyes gets watery.

“Yes, as a friend. You were a great friend to me. I got married, remember? In the spring near that spring water I showed you once? The one with the pretty duck statues and you were my best man. I married Do Kyungsoo.”

“Do Kyungsoo?” 

“We met him through our mutual friends. He worked at the Hugo restaurant. Sehun, you keep denying it and it’s ruining my marriage. You sleeping over and eating with us. Tagging along everywhere. That’s too much Sehun. Your family decided you need help and this place, they’ll take care of you. They will.” 

Joonmyeon runs his hands in Sehun’s hair. Pats it downs and hand his he duffel bag.

“I will visit as often as I can. I promise.”

 

Four nurses comes out of the building, and they stand around Sehun. 

“Joonmyeon no, no. Don’t leave me.” The tears fall and Joonmyeon chokes. “You said you love me. You love me Joonmyeon! Joonie!”

Sehun sprints but the nurses holds him back. 

 

Joonmyeon hurries to into the car and shuts the doors. Heaving, he looks at Sehun who is still yelling and it’s mostly inaudible but he catches a few don’t leave me. I love you. I love you. I love you Joonie, don’t leave me!

 

 

 

 

I HATE YOU! I hate you Kim Joonmyeon.

 

I HATE YOU!

 

Sehun has written all over the walls of his room and even on his body. He sits holding his legs, his hair disheveled, rocking himself back and forth  and his eyes seemingly focused ahead of him in that corner of his room.

 

Joonmyeon breaks down, Kyungsoo barely catches him as he slides down the glass of Sehun’s room.

 

I hate you Joonnie.


 

 

 


* THANK YOU FOR READING! Don't be a stranger:)

~ How'd you feel about this one?