Chapter 8

That Girl

8


Baekhyun sat on his chair , hand repeatedly running through his hair , a sign that of him being frustrated . He looked at his bed , where a lump could be seen under blankets . 

 

*A few moments ago* 


Baekhyun opened the door and gasped " Oh my God Sarang ! What happened to you ?! " 


If anyone said that she was a mess , would've been a understatement . Her lips were split , there was a cut on her forehead and blood was trickling down . But her eyes seemed empty  , Baekhyun never wanted to see that ever again . 

 

He didn't ask anymore questions and quickly led her to his room . Even in his hurry , he had to be quiet  , as his parents were sleeping in the next room and he had no idea how to explain the situation . 


After entering his room  he  sat her carefully on his bed and rushed to bring the first aid box . He quickly brought out cotton and cleanser , put cleanser on cotton and pressed it on her cut . She hissed a little as it burned , but didn't show any other sign of talking or moving .  He then put a bandaid on the cut on her forehead after cleaning it . He wiped out the blood perfectly and put the box away .


Sarang kept quiet the whole time , not uttering a single word . Now that all the work was done , Baekhyun started feeling a little awkward . 


" Sarang .." he called quietly . She looked at him , but she looked so tired that he didn't feel like saying anything .


 " You can sleep here if you want ." He said . She nodded a little , and laid down .


Baekhyun went and sat on his chair . 

 

He really wanted to know what happened , but couldn't make himself ask her at this state . He didn't even know if she wanted to tell him . But the fact that she thought him as someone trustworthy was enough for him for now . He sighed and closed his eyes , thinking of excuses if his parents found out. 

 

 

When he opened his eyes , light was coming through the window . His head snapped to the direction of his  bed , it was empty . He quickly walked there , it was made properly , and a note was on the bedside table " Thank you ."  He took the note and sighed . He needed to know what happened , but wasn't sure if she wanted to share . 

 

 

 

Later that day in school , Baekhyun was oddly quiet . Not that he constantly babbled , but he was pretty talkative with his friends . So when he kept quiet and kept looking for Sarang even when she wasn't there , they became concerned.

 

" What's wrong with you ? Why the sulky face ?" Jongdae poked him in the ribs , when their teacher wasn't watching . 


" Yeah man , you're really quiet . Doesn't suit you ."  Chanyeol added , hiding his comic book from the teachers sight . 

 

" Nothing. Just feeling a little  under the weather ." Baekhyun mumbled . 

 

" Do you want to go to the doctor ?" Minseok asked , getting concerned . 

 

" Nah , it's fine . Don't worry too much ." Baekhyun smiled a little , and thus he spent the whole day like this .


Even the next day Sarang wasn't there . They asked Jihun since the girls were close , but even she had no idea .


" But don't you have her address ?" Baekhyun asked , he was getting impatient .

" No . Once we were supposed to go to her house for a hang out , but then some problems came and we forgot all about it . " She replied 

" But why are you getting so concerned ? If there was any problem she would've told us , right ?" She asked . 


" Yeah . You're right ." Baekhyun gave a little laugh . But that didn't stop his worries . 

 

 

It was three days later that Sarang came back . And from what Baekhyun saw , she looked absolutely normal . As if it wasn't her who had come to his house that night . 


" Awwwwww Saraaaaang !!! We missed you soooooo much ." Jihun hugged the girl tightly .


" Oh come on Jihun . If you don't stop being so cuddly with me , Jongdae might think I'm stealing his best friend ." Sarang laughed . 


" Oh who cares about that anyway " Jihun laughed . 


" Ahhh whyyyy " Jongdae wailed . 

"Shut up !"Everyone yelled at the same time . Sarang laughed . 


" Don't worry guys . I just had to go to out hometown with my aunt . Nothing serious . And don't worry about my studies Junmyeon , teachers already know ." She smiled looking at him , who was about to say something along the line . He shut his mouth and laughed . 


" We're so stupid . We should've just asked our class teacher ." Chanyeol slapped his forehead . 

" Speak for yourself . I'm not in your class and I already knew ." Kyungsoo mumbled . 


" Then why didn't you tell Baekhyun ??? That guy was going crazy !" Exclaimed Jongin . That was the moment Sarang looked at  Baekhyun for the first time . 

 

When Baekhyun looked at that face and those eyes , nothing seemed out of ordinary . She was smiling , and even if she was feeling something , she hid it pretty well . 


" Thanks Baekhyun . " She smiled . 

" Oh come on ! We worried too and only Bakehyun gets a thank you ?!?" Sehuns yelling ended with a smack in the back of his head by Minseok . 


But whatever they were talking about , Baekhyun didn't pay attention . Because he knew why she was thanking him . 


-------------------------------------------------------------


Hey everyone ! I'm back after such a long time and am really sorry to keep you waiting . Everyone knows how annoying high school can get . With exams and extra studies with extra unnecessary books and all that .  And because of that  , I don't think I'll be able to update again in a few days  .But if you like this story , please comment and subscribe , and if you can give it an upvote ❤️

 

Everyone who have commented and subscribed , thank you so much !!!!! And I'm really sorry for not replying to your comments , but I have a feeling if I reply I might just spill out the whole plot to you guys . 

Hope you like this one . It's shorter than I had hoped , but I'll try to make them better . Till next time !!