Chapter 4

That Girl

4


" I can't believe that stupid sent me here ." Baekhyun grumbled under his breath. After the pair up session, they had decided to divide places . And Jongdae being Jongdae, suggested that Baekhyun and Sarang should cover Han river , since it was one of the must to visit. And everyone agreed , much to Baekhyuns  dismay . He had no idea why they were so adamant to pair him up with Sarang . But here they are , walking alongside the Han river , together.


" Is there any problem, Baekhyun?" Sarang asked , apparently he hadn't said that as quietly as he thought .


" No , nothing." He shook his head .


Han river was a beautiful place , he had to admit . Specially in the afternoon. The sun was about to set , the water was sparkling like shreds of diamonds. Gentle breeze was blowing, birds chirping, ideal place for picnic , walk or to be in a date .


" Hey Baekhyun?" Sarang broke the silence surrounding them . Baekhyun looked at her , surprised at the sudden call .


" Yeah ?" He responded.


" Hope you won't mind me asking this ." Sarang said , looking at the ground .


Baekhyun was surprised. He had never seen her being unsure of herself before , or fidgeting like that . It was new for him .


" Of course not . You can ask me anything." He urged her to continue.


" Do you......I mean don't you like me ?" She suddenly looked up , looking directly at his eyes .


If he was surprised before , it was a lot more than that . He hadn't expected anything like that from her .


" Why are you asking ?" He said , stopping at the side of the path . There weren't much people there at that moment , so it wouldn't have been a problem even if they were standing in the middle of the path .

 

" We've been in the same high school for more than two years . But in this two years , you have never talked to me ." She said , now looking at the river ," And I know you're really friendly, everyone knows that . You also don't seem to be happy that you're paired up with me . If you want , we can go back and change it ." She finished, not looking at him for once .


Baekhyun was astonished. This was the first time she had talked to him for this long , and she had thought that he didn't like her .


" Of course not ! It's nothing like that !" He quickly said , not wanting to lead this misunderstanding.


" Then what is it ?" She asked , looking at him .


" How do I say it ?" He gave out an awkward laugh . She kept waiting, so he cleared his throat and started .


" First of all , it's not that I don't like you or anything. I just didn't talk to you because.......um......you're a little different." He finished, hoping to clear everything with this .


She looked totally confused," I didn't understand anything, sorry ." 


Baekhyun sighed, it was hard to explain what he was trying to say . 

" I mean that , when I had first saw you at our very first day in high school , I thought you're pretty ." He stopped , embarrassed for saying that out loud .


She smiled , " thanks !" 

" ...welcome " he rubbed his nape , totally embarrassed. " So at first I only thought that . But then i noticed that wasn't everything. You were so confident , yet quiet . You're so friendly, yet seemed distant. I just observed you for a while.....no wait ....that came out wrong ." He stopped himself again , mentally slapping himself.


She laughed ," No it's fine . Go on ." 


So he continued , " so I observed, not in a stalkerish way of course . And I just kept doing that ..... trying to figure you out I guess ." He finally finished , never being so embarrassed in his entire life . 


She kept quiet, not saying anything.


" Umm.. Sarang?" He called , unsure .


" You're a little stupid , do you know that ?" She finally said .


" What ?!" He was super confused , expecting anything but this .


" You could've just talked to me and we would've been friends already ." She laughed at him .


" Well , you didn't talk to me either . So how's that only my fault ?" He complained , pouting. 


" You're so cute ." She pinched his cheek , laughing. Looking at her laugh , Baekhyun laughed too .


" So does that mean we're friends now ?" He asked , smiling.


" Of course ." She replied , " okay enough talk . Let's go or we won't be able to complete our task ." She pulled him towards where most of the people were .


Baekhyun smiled to himself, maybe Jondaes idea wasn't that bad after all .

 

       ___________________________


Hi everyone. 

Baekhyun and Sarang are finally friends .( Phew ) 

Hope you'll like this chapter and will enjoy .

And a BIG THANK YOU for up voting my story 😊😊😊😊

I'm really happy you're enjoying it . Please let me know what you think about this story . 

Untill then ,  annyeong ~