Chapter 7

That Girl


Needless to say , after that gathering, the girls had become a lot more closer to the boys . Now they hung out almost daily , fought over nothing .And of course , since Jihun turned out to be a female version of Jongdae , they had managed  to get into trouble a lot more than before .

 


" That's why I had told you guys to not do that ." Minseok hissed at Jongdae and Jihun , who looked a lot less apologetic than they should be .


" There was no need to drop water balloons on professor Park . And now we're stuck in this stupid detention." He continued.


It was after school time , and all the boys and girls , except Yixing and Sehun , were in their classroom, having detention.  Yixing because no one believed that he would participate in something like that , and Sehun because he simply managed to run away before getting caught .


So what happened was that , apparently Jongdae and Jihun thought they hadn't have enough fun for a while  , and decided to drop water balloons on students simply because " It's really hot and they shouldn't be so sweaty . It's not good for health ."


So they were dropping balloons and unfortunately, they dropped one on their professor who also saw them doing it . And thus , they were in detention.


" Excuse me , if I'm not wrong , you didn't seem so reluctant to join us at that time ." Jongdae snickered.


" That was because you had said that they won't be able to see you ." Chanyeol huffed . He was getting late for his favorite drama .


" Oh come on ! You can't be sure while doing something like that . It's an occupational hazard ." Jihun said , totally relaxed for someone who was in a  detention for dropping water balloons on a professor. 


" If I had known before , I would've never let you two meet ." Kyungsoo said , totally annoyed at the situation.


" What's in the life if not some fun ?" Jongin laughed . He was the only one who didn't find this situation disturbing .


" Oh shut up guys ! Be thankful that he didn't call our parents . Or  else you would had to have your fun in the after life ." Baekhyun grumbled . He couldn't believe he was now stuck with his stupid friends for some stupid prank . 


" Well .....I have to admit . That was fun actually." Sarang laughed .


" WHAT !!" Everyone screeched , looking at her .


" That's the spirit ." Jongdae clapped on her back .


" You're the reason they get away with these stupid stuff ." Baekhyun pointed an accusatory finger at her .


" Oh come on Baekhyun . It's not like it's going to be any big problem . And honestly , I don't remember having experienced this kind of thing before ." Sarang said .


" It gets boring after a while ." Junmyeon deadpanned .


They would've continued bickering if it wasn't for Professor Park , who entered the classroom .


" Okay students . Have you all completed the essay I had let you to write about " why I shouldn't do pranks with teachers "? " 


" It's technically not a prank " Baekhyun mumbled . Junmyeon shot a look .


" Yes sir ." They chorused and showed their copies .


" And Jongdae and Jihun , you have anything to say ?" He asked , looking at the two culprit.


" You won't see us doing something like this ever again ." Jongdae said loudly.


" We'll be out of your sight while doing ." Jihun added , mumbling .


Luckily professor Park didn't hear that , and they were pardoned.

 

" That was ....tiring ." Jongin said , stretching his hands .


" Yeah...." Baekhyun yawned . Sarang patted his head ,


" Okay sleepy head . Don't fall asleep here ." She ruffled his hair .


" Guys turn around !!! Don't disturb the ...owwww !!!" Jongdae couldn't complete his sentence because Junmyeon had kicked in his leg .


" You're no fun ." He pouted , rubbing his leg .


" Shut up and go home ." Junmyeon shooed him , sending a smile towards Baekhyun . 


" Yeah , we should probably go now . " Jongin said , " And catch Sehun and Yixing tomorrow. "  The next day was weekend, but that didn't mean they could get away .


" We can't be the only one getting punishment when they were at fault too ." Minseok grumbled .


After that , everyone said goodbye and went for their home . Baekhyun also started walking towards his house when Sarang called him 


" Baekhyun wait ." She called out .


" Yeah what ?" He replied .


" You know that you're the closest friend of mine right ?" Sarang said , looking at him intently.


Baekhyun was confused , but happy nonetheless.


" Of course ! Why ?" He asked .


" It's just that .." Sarang hesitated a little ,"  I can come to you if I'm having any problem right ?" 


He didn't know if he was surprised or shocked at this sudden question, but answered , " Of course you can . I'll try to help you as much as I can ." He answered sincerely. 


Sarang smiled so brightly at him , that he thought even the sun was dim compared to this . And about the sun...


" The sky seems cloudy . We should walk fast ." She said , looking a lot happy . He smiled at her , seeing her happy had always made him feel warm . 


" Yeah we should ." He replied , and they both started walking .


But fate wasn't on their side that day . They hadn't even reached half way when it started raining. They both ran , covering their heads with their bags . There weren't any shop open where they could've taken shelter . After a moment of running , they reached Baekhyuns home .


" Now I'm going to catch cold ." Baekhyun complained , trying to remove water from his head . He then looked at Sarang,


" Come inside . You'll get cold if you stay in wet clothes longer ." 


" Nah , it's fine . The rain has almost stopped , I'll just go home ." She looked at him ," thanks for the offer though ."


When Baekhyun looked at her , suddenly he noticed something.


" Hey Sarang ?" He called .

She hummed in reply. 


" What's that on your face ?" He asked .


She looked at him ," where ?" 


"There ." He pointed at his own cheek .


" Nothing, you're mistaken ." She rubbed that place and winced a little .


" What happened ?" He became concerned.


" It's cold . I should probably get back now . Bye ." She waved at him .


" Okay bye . See you tomorrow." He waved too . He entered home while watching Sarang walking on the road .

 


It was past dinner time , and Baekhyun was in his room , listening to music before going to sleep . 

 

Actually, he was thinking about Sarang .


That girl was different. He still couldn't read her sometimes, and to think he was one of the top students in psychology.


She still intrigued him .

 

Suddenly his phone rang , disconnecting his thoughts . He looked at the screen and frowned . Why was she calling him so late ? He picked up .

 

" Hey Sarang . What happened? " 


" Baekhyun .." came a shaky reply .

 

He sat straight on his bed , his heart beating fast .


" Are you okay ?" He asked , not knowing what else to do .


" Can you please open your door ?" Came a shocking reply .


Baekhyun quickly stumbled down his bed , and almost ran to the door . Thank God his parents had went to sleep early .

 

He quickly opened his door and gasped 

 

" Oh my God Sarang ! What happened to you ?" 

 

 _________________________________


Hi guys ! It's been almost a month since I last updated . And really sorry for keeping you guys waiting ( if you were waiting that is ) 

But school , honestly.


And I just realized I haven't actually thanked you guys properly for subscribing or commenting.

So I'll try my best to reply .


Please subscribe if you're liking the story and comments are really appreciated.


Please enjoy !!