2. Alone

Just because you said so.

"Where are you going?". 
Himchan stood up following me into the entrance; he was visibly worried at Zelo's and mine quarrel of the night before, everybody had heard us.
However, in that moment was late, like 11 pm and Zelo was going out. 

"Mind your own business Hyung". His way of pronouncing 'Hyung' disrespectful made me fume.
"You can't go out at this hour".
"I can do what the I want". I had some problems of not punching that little brat instantly.
"You want me to tell manager about this?" I managed to say seriously, that was surely better than punching the maknae of the group.
"You'll be just a ing spy!".
"If I was a spy, I would have already say all about this" I grabbed his chin with my fingers and motioned towards the bruise and his big cut.
"Don't touch me!" his small hand swept away mine. It stung my pride.
"Zelo, YoungGuk is right.." Himchan tried to calm us placing a hand on both of our shoulders. 
"Don't start even you ! It's my life!".
"You're just a stupid selfish kid if you think that you living your life like this isn't going to hurt the group!" I blurted out. I really though that but, the fact he was behaving like that with me, was the real cause of my anger. Weren't we friends!? I was his hyung, he should had told me everything that was going on from the start.
"STOP calling me kid I already told you!" his scream louder than before. Did it even had an end?!?
He turned around to open the door but I wasn't letting him; my hands crashed on the wall beside his face with a hard noise, the wooden panel cracked  under my white knuckles. He could be taller than me but, in that instant, my anger made him little as the kid he was.
Zelo froze staring at me, his face pale, hurt mouth slightly open: his eyes became blurry as pain and anger debated in it. He diverted his gaze trying to hide his angry tears. 

The dorm was deadly silent. No one was speaking, every pairs of eyes on us. One noise, however, made all of my anger slide away and clenched my lungs: he breathed out soundly gulping down a hiccup and shut his mouth. He was crying; I made him cry.
I shifted my arm towards him, trying to comfort him, thinking of what I should had said but, he diverted my touch, sliding out of my reach, towards his room, slamming the door. 
".."

[. . .]

Groaning I pulled up my heavy sleepily body and sat on my bed, blanket still entangled around my legs. That night I had slept about 3 hours: turning and tossing on the mattress thinking about Zelo. Well, thinking about his eyes while he was crying because of me
I sighed just when the door slid open and my roommate entered.
"Youngguk, you're up early!" commented Himchan gazing at his wrist watch, he looked out carefully at my face before seating on his bed; as our faces were at the same level he sighed a bit:
"Take it easy YG, you were right last night". How come his words sounded so wrong? I shook my head slowly.
"He was crying. I made him".
He shifted position awkwardly: "You were just a bit.. harsh".
Wrong. A was too harsh. Too angry.
"Talk with him and everything will return to normal" his nodding didn't make his sentence more credible. 

Under the shower I though a way to say sorry to Zelo without giving him the idea he could do whatever he wanted; I knew I had been too harsh the night before but, he couldn't go out at that hour.
Luck helped me as, as I opened the bath door, Zelo bounced on me probably thinking it was free. I stopped his shoulder with a hand and smiled:

"Ah, Zelo" I tried to sound calm and casual but, he flinched away, noticing who I was. His hands closed near his sides and he stepped back in the corridor: was he still angry?
I stretched an arm to ruffle his morning fussy hair but, again, all I caught was air; he had dodged me again, not even looking at me. 
"Zelo, look, I know I was harsh yesterday but, don't be mad". What a poor excuse, I should had thought about it much more. 
His head finally faced me and those slim eyes crossed with mine: he nodded, quite imperceptible and, careful of not touching me, entered the bathroom.  

"You were wrong". I groaned frustrated to Himchan stealing his book away to gain his attention. 
"About what?" he eyed me suspiciously.
"I told him I'm sorry but he hasn't told me anything since last night". And it was making me crazy, not hearing his noises, nor being used like a human pillow, either being looked. It was frustrating.
"We are talking about Zelo, so".
I nodded rolling my eyes at the obvious: "Who else?".
Himchan chuckled stretching to reach his book in my hands.
"Anybody else of course. You only talk about him". I glared at him standing up and walking to the door.
"Aish!.. Never mind".
"YoungGuk!" he stopped me laughing, "Just, try to make him talk to you. Bring him out". He made it sound simple but how could I go out with Zelo if the boy didn't even talk to me. 
I found myself again in front of Zelo's room but, I didn't know what to do, to say. With my hand pulled up to knock, I jumped startled at the opening of the door. His slim eyes widened a bit.
"Hyung?". 
"Ah, well, how's going?" I blurted out aware of the fact that a fifteen years old was making me stutter. What a loser.
"Well." he answered slowly, "I have to talk with Himchan Hyung..". With that he slid away from me and, after knocking, closed the door of MY room behind him. What the hell?!? He was talking to Himchan?! To him?! In MY ing room? Wasn't I his favorite hyung?

I waited for about two minutes, times it took my patience to came to an end and, clenching my hands on the door knob, I barged in. Two pair of eyes landed on me, Himchan's curious pair and Zelo'startled ones; I glanced at him, his expression only worsened my mood. I grunted about going out, took my keys and phone and slammed back the door. Didn't really know where to go, nor the reason for being so angry, I just started to walk straight from the dorm. 
Returning home after some hours, I wasn't in a better mood; I had ended up helping one of my friend moving into his new flat: my arms was destructed, legs too. I never thought a new fridge plus tight stair means a back hurting like hell!
However, my muscles relaxed a bit in the warmth of the dorm but, my headache didn't seems to disappear even after taking a pill.
"Youngguk Hyung?".
Surprise made me jump a bit, I knew whose voice was and it only made me angry again. I turned around slowly, with a obviously annoyed face.
"What? You're talking to me now?". Really mature.
Zelo brow frowned, and I could see his anger building up. Stupidly, I let my mood took control of my words.
"You are tired of behave like a brat and ignore me now?" unconsciously my voice had grow louder with each words, I tried to calm myself as I realized the deathly grip on the glass in my hand. A huge fake grin opened my lips as I glared at the mute kid in front of me:
"You want to play k..".
I chocked the end of the words as a slap hit my left cheek. Not the kind of girlish slap you see in movie, it actually hurt like ! 
"YOU.. You are an idiot". 
His words brought more pain though. Much more. He screaming '' from the main door didn't made the situation better.

"You really are an idiot".
I banged my head up to Himchan, my finger on the pulsing cheek, I bet it was red.
"Ya, I didn't do anything!".
"He wanted to ask you to go with him to the skatepark tonight" his words kept my attention.
"Skatepark?".
"They had beaten him and stole away his skate the other night, he wanted it back. He wanted to excuse and ask your help.". It explained everything. And stated out that I was really an .
"I think he's going to those guys". His disapproving gaze made me feel guilty. 

"Alone!?". What was he think of doing alone?
"Why the hell he didn't say it from the start?!" I yelled frustrated.
My roommate shrugged in his shoulders before pulling his car keys out of the pocket of his jeans.
"You know were the park is?".
"I do". A new voice interrupted.
"JongUp? You were listening?".
"Yeah, well, it was impossible ignore Hyung's scream". He pointed out motioning to me. I grunted and walk to my room for a second.

"You two aren't going out of the car". My order was clear and indisputable. My high school behavior wasn't really hard to imagine so, they didn't look too surprised as I had returned with a baseball bat in my left hand and with my face covered by a hood and a bandana. 
"YoungJae-ah, cover up with manager if he call" concluded Himchan seriously before following me and JongUp out of the door.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................