10. Simple things

Just because you said so.

Sunday. What worse of being waken up by your manager who just wanted to say hi? I grunted some answers before my eyes managed to stay open: it was ing Sunday morning!
"How's JunHong?". I frowned and listen carefully.
"Uh? Wae?".
"He called me yesterday saying he wasn't going to that trip today. I am glad as he could have injury himself but, he sounded sad about that". My mouth fell open at manager's words.
"He didn't go?". My voice lifted up itself as I tossed all blankets aside and stood up fast; was he still sleeping?
"No. Did you tell him something? Because he didn't wanted to say why he decided to don't go". He had listened to me? Or just changed idea on the trip?
"Well sort of". I mumbled uncertain in the phone while searching for a t-shirt in the wardrobe.
"I was sure about that. He always listen to you and Himchan". The manager sounded proud, but he didn't really know how the things were, I stayed mute.
"Well, try to cheer up him a bit ok?". 
I smiled poorly nodding even if it was a phonecall: "Yeah. Thanks for the worry". 
"Uh. Let's see you tomorrow". 
I closed my phone and looked around the room, Himchan was already awake as his bed was empty; I found him into the kitchen with YoungJae and, of course, JongUp.
"You're up!" greeted my roommate smiling strangely, he looked overly happy while packing some sandwiches into a small box.
"Going somewhere?". I mumbled glancing at the living room where DaeHyun was reading a magazine: Zelo wasn't there neither.
"We're going out". Smiled JongUp shyly as he took the box from Himchan and stuffed it into his backpack: they looked like a mum preparing lunchbox for an elementary kid. I remembered Zelo's words about them and rolled my eyes.
"Lovebirds". I said teasing Himchan and making YoungJae laugh loudly.
DaeHyung's head plopped at the door of the kitchen and spoke trough his black mask: "I'm going to wake up JunHong".
"Wait" I stopped him without even thinking of what I was doing, "I'll do it".
Ignoring the perplexed gazes of my bandmates I slowly approached the maknae's room and silently open the door without looking behind; I would bet Himchan was smirking like an by then.

The room was quite illuminated by the sun trough the half closed curtains, I could see easily Zelo's figure under the white and blue blankets; after closing the door, I approached his bed slowly, breathing in quietly.
I chuckled as I noticed how he was sleeping, his head was entirely under the pillow, his long body stretched til the end of the mattress and one of his slender arm springing out from the bed. How can he be comfortable?! 
"Zelo?" I called, trying to wake him up softly; he didn't even move. I laughed silently and poked his abandoned arm, his skin was so soft, warm.
"JunHong?". 
A muffled sound from the pillow proved him to be alive and made me laugh again; his head slowly surfaced into the light and his slim eyes opened blinking few times.
"Nhh?". His dry lips parted in an unknown sound as he closed again his eyes.
"Breakfast". I tried to attire him without success. After surrendering, I found enough space on the side of his bed to seat; he was still trying to drift back to sleep but I chuckled decided on waking him up. 
"Ya!" Laughing "wake up!".
After a grumbling sound he fully opened his eyes and glanced at me smiling a bit surprised. I couldn't stop my gum grin as he looked like a scarecrow, his hair were a total mess!
"Hyung? You needed something?" he blurred out looking the clock on his bedside table and then me, "You don't wake me up usually, Daehyun Hyung does". I started to ask myself if I shouldn't stole from Daehyun that task, it was a pretty amusing thing to see, especially those pale lips dry from the night.
"Am I not good?" I joked smiling. He didn't reply soon as he curled up on one side, his head landing heavily on my thighs, his arm encircling my waist. 
He looked just like a cat, purring on me slightly, eyes fluttering closed, mouth partly open.
"Ani, I like it". Zelo smiled, eyes glancing at me quietly. 
I didn't say anything; for the moment, I would only taste the sensations of his warmth on my legs. My fingers roamed til his exposed nape, feeling the softness of the skin; he pushed his head backward a bit, crashing more to the tips of my fingers, mumbling as if he liked it. His blonde locks often jammed into my fingers as in a comb.
"You didn't go", my voice was low as I spoke without stopping my hand.
"Nh". He nodded and his gaze locked with mine.
"Why?". He wasn't mad at me at all, his eyes were clear and warm.
Zelo looked like weighing something before speaking, "You didn't wanted me to". 
"From when did you started listening to me?" I joked still bewildered by his reasoning, was he saying that for real? He shrugged and smiled as to knowledging it, I laughed earnestly but mumbled to apologize: "Sorry about that".
"Nh." he nodded and his chin nuzzled in my thigh, his eyes had closed again and I was starting to ponder the idea of napping a bit with him. 
However, noise from the kitchen, convinced me to pull Zelo out of that bed and go eat breakfast; I was hungry.
"Let's go before they eat all". I growled trying to stood up with not many results.
He nodded briefly still with closed eyes mumbling two words: "I'm hungry". I laughed so hard that all the mattress moved under us, he laughed too while stretching slowly seating up.
I was already standing when Zelo stumbled on his feet too fast losing  balance and nearly tripping on the carpet; I stopped him from falling by one hand and pulled him up: his light body landing on my side for a moment. He was so warm, so hot. His legs were under his giant t-shirt. He smiled before yawning soundly.
"I'm going to wash my teeth Hyung".
I managed to mumble an 'ok' before his figure slipped away from my embrace towards the bathroom; the sensation of losing something was awfully strong but I obliged my feet to the kitchen. The feeling of his hand in mine was still there though.
I sighed. It was even worst than what I thought.

Breakfast was finished rapidly as Himchan and JongUp were going out for the day and Daehyun was traveling to his parents; Youngjae was still munching his toast when he closed himself out on the terrace to answer a phone call. I bet he had a secret girlfriend somewhere: he was always talking on the phone! I observed him smiling and chuckled.
"Mwo?". Zelo's eyes focused on me while I was still grinning.
"Jae has a girlfriend". I nodded stating it as a truth. The younger smiled and glanced to our bandmate outside.
"Really? He's lucky!". 
I threw a glance at Zelo with an arched brow, he wanted a girlfriend? Or he was just showing care for the other?
I hadn't time to check it as he looked at me grinning madly.
"Mwo?". It was my time to ask for explanations.
"You have to make up for the snowboarding Hyung!". He stated it as I couldn't even reply, with a serious look and a smart smile.
"Wae?". 
His smile faded as a disappointed 'C'on!' was accompanied by a little punch on my forearm.
"ㅋ'k" I wasn't going to refuse spending time with him; he blinked satisfied. "Let's go somewhere?" I proposed. As others were out I thought he wanted to use time to hang around and making me pay for everything.

"Ani", Zelo lifted a hand and slowly counting with his fingers his next words, "Movie. Nap. Snack".
I stared at him surprised, was he talking for real? Not that I minded staying at home but it didn't fitted with his usual hobbies.
"So simple things? No bungee jumping or parachuting?" I laughed proposing two of the things I knew he wanted to try: not that I'll ever do it with him. Never.
"Simple things are the best". His nodding confirmed our program for the afternoon and, just after I had accepted, YoungJae came back into the kitchen.
"After lunch I have to go out!" announced the singer smiling while staring at his phone. I bet I was right: he had a secret appointment. I nodded and threw a glance at Zelo grinning, he was thinking the same thing.

 

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................