3. Name

Just because you said so.

I couldn't stay still in the car, Himchan was driving slow as JongUp had to explain him the direction from his iPhone map; the headache was destroying my head, even guilty building up and regret were pinching my lungs. If something worse than the last time had happened to Zelo, it would be my fault for hadn't listen to him. 
"Here! It's that gate". JongUp brought me back to reality and my hand grip hardened on the wooden baseball bat leaning beside my legs.
"YongGuk, are you sure you're going..".
"Stay here, both of you". My voice made it really clear before I stomped out of the car and run til the gate. It was closed by a big metal lock but, hearing some voices from the other side, pushed me to climb over it.
As I was walking silently, I recognized one of the voice: Zelo.
"I want my board back!". How many people were there? I heard different pitches laughing. 
"!" I cursed when another locked gate appeared between me and the half pipe where they were talking.
"I don't really think so kid, I like that board".
"Do you want to be beaten up again? So you can cry like a another time Snowwhite?". 

My jaw clenched, my murderous instinct grew bigger with each single word from the bullies. 
" you. Just give me my board back !". I couldn't see what happened but after some rush noises I heard a pain moan from an unknown voice. 
Finally, I jumped in the wooden half pipe and stared at the scene: Zelo was towering over a guys, punching him, it would be positive if other two guys weren't approaching him by the back, one of them had a board in his hand.
"YA!" I yelled gaining their attention. There were four guys whom looked around my age: good, I wouldn't had to beat to dead some kids.
"Who the are YOU?!" barked the one I supposed was the boss. He had clenched his hand on a skate in his hands: Zelo's lion board.
"Hyung?" unluckily, also Zelo's eyes landed surprised on me and, his loss of attention, gave time at the beaten guy to punch him badly on the cheek.
Zelo shifted away kicking the guy in the rib; it looked efficient as the latter grumbled without standing up again. I couldn't see if Zelo was hurt as the others came to me running and trying to take me. My bat did the most of work as, short after, both of them was lying on the floor groaning in pain. 

"Ya! Piece of !" my hands were trembling by anger as I had reached the boss; he was glaring at me like he wasn't scared.
"Who the are yo?" asked him spitting. He could not even recognize me as my face was covered up.
The noise of the bat rubbing on the wooden floor made him flinch as I stopped just before his feet. 
"Give him his board". My voice sounded so deep and harsh that even Zelo twitched at me intimidated.
"What the ?! Just for this ty board!" the bossy guy spitted again and waved the board around: the trajectory was simple to predict. My arm and back tautened in pain as the wooden skate hit me; I had managed to protect Zelo whom was now standing petrified into my arms. He could be taller than me, but I was way stronger: a hit like that could had even broke his bones.
"Y-yong.."
I turned around with my elbow up and slammed it right into the boss' torso; a curt sound left the guy's mouth before stumbling on the floor coughing. I didn't gave him time to breath, my hands were already at his sweatshirt, pulling him up.
"If you ever try to mess with him again. Or even show your face here again" I articulated each syllables, "I'll kill you". The latter pupils dilated while their owner nodded sternly. 
I shoved him again on the ground before reaching for the skate; it was ruined, a wheel was teared, one end was scratched and the lion image was ruined. Zelo's hands reached for it slightly trembling. But, that wasn't the time to worry about it; we had to return to the dorm before manager Hyung notice our absence and, above all, control Zelo's wounds. Without a word I took his left wrist and begin walking to the gate.
"Can you climb it?".
Only then, not hearing Zelo answer, I looked at him. He was staring at me, a fresh bruise on his pale cheek, his lips bleeding again, his hair messed and dusted: how come I though he was sinful perfect
"Hyung.." Shaking my head I stopped his words and my strange thoughts.
"Later. Now, let's go. Himchan is waiting for us in his car".

.

My anger had faded away, the quiet car drive and the warm shower had relaxed me completely; my back hurt a bit and, the water, running on the multiple bruise, stung but I wasn't regretting what I had done: Zelo was safe. Or, at least, with just minor bruises.
It took me nearly 5 minutes to shower as also him had to take one. With a soft knock, the door opened slowly and a white messy head peered in. Zelo's eyes wandered on my body searching for damage but I didn't show him my back. Or at least, I tried to.
"Hyung.." murmured him walking through the bathroom straight to me; his hands grabbed my shoulders and, before I could even react, he turned my upper body revealing the wound.
"Damn! It's giant!" cursed him as guilty covered his face, "I'm sorry.. You.. Cover up for me.. I'm sorry". I never had seen him like this; His eyes unfocused as some tears started to appear.
"Ya, Zelo. It's my fault to had been a complete idiot. Again. I'm sorry", with my thumbs I brushed away a tear on his right cheek, some dust shaded, as well, under my finger. He was covered with dust, even his hair shading to grey. "Don't cry".
He nodded smiling weakly, I was surprised when a faint pink blushed his cheeks but, as soon as they did, he lowered his head away from my touch.
"After you've showered, I'll look your wound". 
"Yours too, needs bandages". He sounded really worried even if his lips were far more bad! I chuckled messing his hair.
"Ani, just some ointment will do, I'm not bleeding as someone here! Go take your shower! I'm taking you some clean clothes". With that, the door closed behind me. 

"Are you ok?" a familiar voice called.
"Yeah" I shrugged.
"What happened there?".
"Nothing", at least nothing that much people should know. Himchan, following me into Zelo's room and then in ours, tried to extort information from me but, soon, he had to drop the discussion as most of others were already sleeping and I wasn't going to speak.
"I even drive you there! You should at least tell me!" his curious being wasn't surrendering. I motioned something like 'tomorrow, night' and, fastly, disappeared into the bath again. Why was I so eager to confirm that Zelo was ok? 
My mind drifted off as I noticed that he was sitting on the closed toilet, a towel around his tiny hips and another in hands, drying his hair messily. I chuckled dropping his clean clothes on his knees and moving away his hands.
"Pfff.. Let me do it kiddo". His hair were soaking wet! He complained trying to push me away.
"Don't. Call. Me. Kid!" he spelled fuming."Those called me that". It hit me then.
"Ok, ok. Biane". 
We stayed in silence for a while until his hair was mostly dry. The white locks that fell lazily around his face weren't curly or straight, they dropped naturally on the right side of his head slightly waved: like this he really looked younger and innocent. 
Sighing, I shifted looking for the First Aid kit, the scene seemed ridiculous familiar.
I refused to admit to my self that my thorough research of a liniment into the cupboard was necessary and not a way to divert my attention from Zelo's body behind me; Not that I've never seen him changing but, usually, his loose clothes covered his slender body. His straight and long back seems so fragile without any layer covering it up, his slim arms with nothing but pale soft skin. His body was hundred times better than some of girls I had spent my night with.
I coughed, hoping to swap away those strange and immoral thoughts and, to gain his attention.
"Let me see, seat there". I ordered pointing again the toilet and kneeling down in front of him; his being like a fifteen years giraffe, forced him to lean forward on his elbows to expose his mouth to me. 
The cut was open again. It looked painful as it was clearly easy to strap it casually; my left hand landed on his jaw line making him stay still while the right one softly and cautiously cleaned the cut.
"Ouch.." he frowned closing his eyes as I medicated his lips and covered it up with a red band-aid. His slim lids opened as his sight focused on me.
"Hyung.. I'm sorry I yelled at you and.. even.. Hit you". His words were nervously spoken.
I shook my head and swiftly stood up, I was done.
"I yelled too. And scared you, I'm sorry Jun Hong". 
Naturally, it came: that smile. His big and white toothy smile. It reached his eyes and dimples in an instant.
"What?" I asked grinning simultaneously.
"You used my name" he justified still smiling, "I like it". 

.

I wasn't staring at the ceiling as my back was hurting. My eyes were on the floor beside my bed, a pair of Himchan's dirty socks lying there smelly-ish. 
That was a strange night. But if I though a reason for it to be strange, not the fight, nor the bruise, appeared. The only thing I recalled was Zelo waving a goodnight to me from his room door; his unreadable strange eyes silently staring at me, his hands in pockets, his wounded mouth smirking shyly. What was that

I mumbled tired before finally join my roommate in a snoring contest.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................