1. Leader

Just because you said so.

He was rapping. Crunching his teet, frowning his brows, biting his lips. 
He was so far from the good boy image he pulled off usually: a fifteen years old high school boy. Not just that though.
He's a freak actually! Always screaming around, singing out loud, blabbering every thought. He collects skates. All American style with different designs: skulls, clowns, doodles, animals (not duck or cat kind of animal but, rats or mad lion typo). And not only boards, he has million of kind of wheels, each for a surface: soft, hard, semi-hard. Not that I actually understood any of it but, he made it interesting.
Zelo could make all of what he does interesting. This was the problem. One of them at least. 

"Ok, cut! Perfect!" another praise from the director for him, another one of one of his smugness smirk. I stared at him being on the bonnet of a written sport car, goofing around and making the crew laugh.
"Ya! Kid! Be careful!" I shouted worried. As predicted a dull thump was followed from his complaining voice.
"Aww.. !". Yes, he swears too.
My punch landed on his head gaining a glare from him.
"Ya! Hyung!!"
"Don't swear kid!" 

I chuckled observing him patting his own after having bounced on feet fastly to face me: he actually though of being intimidating?
"You swear a lot Hyung".
"I'm 6 years older than you. I can, you can't".
"That's not even a reason!"
"Yeah. It is if I say so".

I walked back to the main stage, other four members were filming solo parts, I had to control them too. The MV sets were awesome! As expected from Zanibros. I was really looking forward to work with them and all, starting from styling, was bad ! I chuckled again remembering Zelo face as soon as he had seen the set: it totally fitted his taste. Mine too actually.

Himchan motioned to me while smiling, he was happy too as it was his first MV; he was also in 'never give up' one but, not as a main character.
"I heard you yelling at Zelo" commented him laughing, "leave him be sometimes!".
"He was doing something stupid as always" I justified myself.
"He's just enjoying this, and the others too!" he walked closer lowering his voice, "I think I saw DaeHyun smiling before! It shocked me!".
I laughed roughly at the mental idea of the quiet blonde guy smiling in an awkward way; yes, it was strange.
"Ok, let's start the dance parts boys, prepare yourself!" announced somebody and, the most tiring part of filming, started. The choreography was strong, powerful and fast; soon, all of us were sweating around giving our best. As we had make up and fake dirt on our body, sweat didn't really matter. Everybody made his best and soon, the awaited break came with the change of outfits; I took a crate of water bottles and threw one at each white haired boy on the floor resting.
"Good work". I commented smirking to them. 
My body landed soundly on the floor beside a curly half dead Zelo. I elbowed him pushing the bottle in front of his face.
"Ya, drink up". 
He mumbled something not pulling up his head from the floor; his cheeks splattered on the cold tiles of the break room, hands languishing neglected on his sides. 
"Drink". I repeated.
"Don't wanna". His eyes landed on me as his tongue flinched out of his mouth to grimace childishly. I laughed opening his bottle up and acting like dropping it on him.
"Ya! Hyung!" he jumped up sitting on his knees and glaring at me. I lengthened to him the bottle, but he shook his head nagging and throwing himself on my legs, resting his furry head on my thighs; he had that childish mania of taking nap on me since we had met. Not that bothered me, at least it didn't until some days before Himchan had pointed out how Zelo did this only with me. I glanced to the second leader and rolled my eyes at his  I-told-you look on his face. I shrugged, the only reason was that we knew each other from more time than the others.

 I pulled up the bottle and took a sip spacing out, my left arm hurted a bit for the dancing.
"Ya! Hyung! That's mine!" complained then Zelo glaring at me and shifting his arm to steal it away.
"You didn't wanted it". 
Zelo snorted taking a sip.
"Ya, use another, I've already drank from it!" not that I really cared.
"Anyo. I want this".
"Strange kid" I muttered while brushing off some dirt from his curly hair and obtaining an angry and embarrassed glance from the young boy again.

"End of break! Change in the black clothes!".
It continued till night, filming one takes after another; I had a lots of single shots as my rap part was long, while filming I tried to ignore the sharp sensation of being stared all along: wasn't strange the fact I could sense it was Zelo's gaze? No, again, it was only because we knew each others well. 
"Cool Hyung!" commented then YoungJae acting like me and making the crew laugh. 
"I was cooler!". A clear familiar voice added smirking smugly; Himchan laughed nodding and pranking me with Zelo. Aishhh, those two! No respect for the elders!

[. . .]

Normal routine began after the filming. There wasn't much to do until debut: we had practice and MTV recording but, the life into dorm had returned to normality. Usually the dorm was really noisy in the afternoon as Himchan kept exercising with the Janggu, YoungJae and DaeHyun played with their Wii and JongUp danced in his room. Himchan though was rarely at home as he had recording of variety shows and Mc things, while I just hung around with friends or composed in the studio.
Zelo disappeared every afternoon to go skating somewhere. Manager had pointed out that it was dangerous and he could had hurt himself but, at the puppy pouting face of the young boy (what an actor!), he had to surrender and gave him permission.

In a week the teaser was out, gaining lots of fans which was the reason for us to be really proud but also starting to behave more like idols: we started to be more careful at our behaviour in public and even I tried to swear less (it seemed impossible however). 

As usual, after lunch, I spotted Zelo going out: I chuckled at his outfit. His sense of style resembled much his stage image. Not mentioning the board in his left hands, he had a pair of red and white loose pants tucked in his consumed green all star and topped by a familiar giant black tshirt. 
"Ya! Kid! That t-shirt is mine!" my words made him turn with a nonchalant face.
"Uh? Really?" his obviously bad acting was replaced by a big grin, "it looks better on me! Bye~~!".
The door slammed behind him and his skate before I could actually answer him. A chuckle from the couch attired my attention.
"He always wins easy with you". Himchan and YoungJae laughed.
"He's a smart brat".
"You let him be". Concluded the singer glancing at his fella seated beside him. I shrugged and stood up, I had an appointment with some friends.
"I'm buying dinner for tonight. See u at 7".

Brown beans noodles and curry chicken smell filled up the dorm. While DaeHyun placed side dishes on the dining table I called the others.
"Hyung, Zelo hasn't returned y.." JongUp words were interrupted by the door noise. Zelo was taking off his shoes slowly, his head staring the floor, strangely silent.
"Ya! Zelo! Dinner is on the table, u'r late". I waited for his bickering but he just flinched and shook his head.
"Ah, yeah. I'm not feeling well, I'm going to take a shower". He disappeared in his room shutting the door after him; JongUp followed him inside but, after few words he came back. The maknae shared a room.
"He's not eating?" asked for confirmation Himchan, he had a puzzled look on his face too. I walked towards Zelo rooms but, before I could say anything, he had shifted fast into the bathroom and had locked the door.

We eaten like always, I was hungry but also worried at his behavior, it wasn't like him at all skipping food; I heard his quiet footsteps from bath to his room but, acting indifferent, I forced myself on not going to question him.
"JongUp-ah, is your turn to wash the dish" remembered Himchan to the complying boy, he also offered his help though he had to go out that night. I launched myself on one of the couch and stared blankly at the tv screen; YoungJae was zapping on and on through channels.
"Ya! Decide on something!".
The screen stopped on MTV as usual, there was a replay of a Japanese anime about demons and things like that. Normally, it would interested me but, my mind kept questioning about Zelo. Why did it even bother me like that?
I stomped up on my bare feet approaching Zelo and JongUp's room, after knocking I poked my head inside: The older of the two looked at me from the manga he was reading with a puzzled look.
"Hyung?". I blunty ignored the question and focused on Zelo.
"Zelo, how was today at the skatepark?" He was facing the wall laying on the bed, he didn't turned around.
"Good".
"Where is your skate?". I had realized that he was returned without it, it was strange.
"Left it to a friend".
"The lion one?" His favorite one? 
"Yeah".
I hummed doubtful and glanced at JongUp motioning him to talk with the other.
"So, why did y..".
"Hyung, I'm tired. Let me sleep please". I was interrupted from Zelo's voice, he sounded strange: that confirmed my suspect of something going on. However, I didn't wanted to be too persistent and left the room silently. 

My eye's lid opened to a dark living room, it seemed like it was late enough forthe others to be sleeping; i didn't know if Himchan had returned yet but, a noise from the kitchen attired my sleepily steps.
"Himchan?"
A slim figure in front of the fridge light flinched at my voice, I recognized the profile instantly.
"Zelo?". He closed the metal door softly and the room fell in darkness suddenly. I frowned and reached for the wall to the switch, the light returned painfully instantly and permitted to my eyes to focus on Zelo.
He was turned to the other side, sitting at the table, eating ice-cream; he had something wrapped in a towel at the side of his chin.
"What happened?" I knew something happened, it pissed me off that he wasn't saying anything.
"Nothing". 
I sighed walking to him and seizing his wrist to make him facing me: I shocked. A purple big bruise was on the left side of his chin along with a painful looking cut on his bottom lips. He had been beaten off. Surely.
"What the hell Zelo! What happened!?" my voice sounded a bit harsh. 
"I fell from the skate". Yeah, surely.
I pulled him into the bathroom cursing a bit and searching for the First Aid box; did he even disinfect that?!
"Let me see". I ordered pointing the toilet to make him sit; he sighed but obeyed, a blank expression on his face.
Using a wet towel I managed to clean a bit the cut, I didn't knew if my hands trembled for anger or worry. 
"Ouch!" complained him stopping with both of his hands mine; even if his fingers were cold and sweaty, the feeling was somewhat, and who-kwon-why, likable.
"You have to put something on that".
As my hand was free, I continued my job finding a healing cream and applying a little of it on his lips. He flinched, lips trembling, eyes shutting, breath fastening: my free hand lifted his chin and made him stay still. I bit down my lips concentration on what I was doing.
"Done". I announced seating back on my heels and staring at him from the floor, "tell me the truth..".
"I fell".
"The truth, I said".

He glared at me and repeat again his poor excuse. I angrily asked again clenching my fits.
"Zelo..".
"I ing FELL!". 

My mind was burning up slowly with anger, what a stupid he though I was?!
"You think I'm stupid? Don't scream to me!". My voice was rough, harsh, angry; I couldn't stand his stubbornness.
"Who u think u are?" yelled him again, "U're not my father!".
"I am the leader of this group!".
He stood up rolling manifestly his eyes and glaring again to me: "That isn't a reason to mind the other's ing life!".
I stood up slowly, staring at the little boy in front of me with a death glare, how could he be so damn idiot?
"You're just a kid, stop behaving like a man".
"I'm not a ing kid!" Zelo hands pushed me aside as his small body stormed out of the bath slamming the door. I cursed throwing the wet towel aside: why couldn't he even LISTEN? That damn brat. 

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................