Episode 07 - To Meet Her

Me And The Twins Next Door

"I went to the orphanage, and I was given an unexpected news..."

 

Gregory began as he and Butler Jin talked in his office. "What is it, Master Ming?" Butler Jin asked. "Xiao Xi's twin is looking for her." Gregory said. Butler Jin gasped as he heard that. "Then, her twin sister is finally here? She finally found out about Miss Grace?" Butler Jin asked. Gregory nodded his head. 

 

Then, he let out a sigh. "You have been there from the start, Jin Bao San. You were there during the process of Grace's adoption. I know, one day, either she or her twin sister will find out the truth, and I will have to explain everything to her." Gregory said. "Then, it means Xiao Yue, the twin sister already found out about the adoption, am I right?" Butler Jin asked. Gregory nodded his head again. "She went to The Summer House to gather information about her mother, and about her twin sister. But since they are bound legally not to disclose any information about the kids who got adopted, they only gave her a few information, mostly about their biological parents." Gregory explained. 

 

He opened the drawer of his table, and took out an envelope. "Butler Jin, you know that my life is on the line. Someone is trying to get me killed. If I don't get to show the twins this information about their past, you have to promise me to give this to Xiao Yue." Gregory said. Butler took the envelope as he nodded his head. "Also, I want you to contact Xiao Yue. It's about time she and Grace meet up." Gregory said handing him the piece of paper containing Pets' contact details. "Tell her to meet me and Xiao Xi at the Summer House tomorrow evening." Gregory said. "I will, Master Ming... but..."

 

Gregory saw the hesitation on the butler's face. "How do you think Miss Grace will take this news?" the butler inquired. "I'm sure she'll be able to accept it. We raised her well, didn't we?" Gregory said with a smile. With that, Butler Jin smiled at his boss. "Then, I shall contact Xiao Yue so she and Miss Grace can finally meet." Butler Jin told him. 

 

--

 

Sam came home to find Pets and Aaron having dinner that evening. "She got here before me?" he thought as he looked at her in confusion. He heard the two laughing at each other's joke, interrupting his thought. "Hey, creature!" Sam said. Pets looked at him, with a disgust expression. "What do you want? Ruin my perfect day?" she asked sarcastically. 

 

He became even more confused. "Why is she like this? She wasn't sarcastic a while ago..." he thought. He walked up to her, and glared at her. "After I saved you a while ago, you have the guts to speak to me that way?" Sam said. Aaron and Pets looked at each other with confusion. "When did this ert saved me?" Pets asked him. Aaron shrugged his shoulder. 

 

Sam could feel a vein popping from his forehead. "Don't act as if you didn't know!" he shouted at her. "Did I miss anything? Did something happened to you while I'm gone this morning?" Aaron asked Pets. "I don't know what he's talking about. Is he nuts?" Pets asked Aaron. Sam let out a sigh. "Look. I ran after that thief for you." Sam told him. 

 

Pets looked at him blankly. "What thief?" Pets asked. Sam's face turned red in anger. He doesn't know why Pets is acting as if she doesn't know that he ran after the thief that stole her wallet. "Whatever! I'm not going to do any act of kindness to you, ever again!" Sam shouted angrily at her. Aaron and Pets watched Sam as he stormed out and went to his room. 

 

"What is he talking about? We've been together since I came home from school this afternoon, right?" Aaron asked Pets. Pets nodded his head. "I think he's gone crazy, that's why!" Pets said. Aaron smiled at her. "Don't mind him. Tomorrow morning, you'll have a full day ahead of you. I'm sorry I won't be able to accompany you, but promise, next time." Aaron said. Pets let out a smile. "Don't worry about it. I should apologize to you. You didn't know that I know you have classes yesterday when we went to the orphanage? Wayne told me." Pets smiled. 

 

Aaron just let out a laugh. "I'll kill you in your sleep tonight, Wayne." he thought. "Don't worry about it.. I want to help you find your twin sister. Who knows, we might be able to find her soon, right?" Aaron said. Pets nodded her head. "I really hope so." she said. 

 

--

 

Pets was busy searching for her sister on social media and searching for public documents online, when her phone rang. She looked at her phone, and saw an unknown number calling her. She doesn't know why, but her heart began to race as she answered the call. "Hello..." she greeted. 

 

"Hello, is this Miss Pets Ceng Pei Ci?" the person on the other line asked. "Yes, this is Pets Ceng Pei Ci. Who is this?"

"This is Jin Bao San, the butler from the Ming household. We got your number from the Summer House."

 

Upon hearing that,Pets stood up from her seat. "I... I'm listening..." she said. "I am calling in behalf of Mr. Gregory Ming. He would like to set up a meeting with you Friday evening at the Summer House. Would you be willing to meet with him, and your twin sister?" 

 

She doesn't know why but a tear fell from her eye the moment the person on the other line mentioned her twin sister. "My... my twin sister?"

"Yes. We heard from Madam Sha Li of The Summer House that you are looking for your twin sister. Tomorrow evening is a good opportunity for you to meet her." 

 

Pets let out a smile. "Yes! I'm willing to meet with them. Please tell me, sir. Is... Is Mr. Gregory Ming the one who adopted my twin sister?" she asked. "Yes, he is the adoptive father of your twin sister. I'm glad that you are willing to meet with them tomorrow. We'll keep in touch till then."

 

Pets wanted to ask more question, but before she could speak again, the call ended. She stared at her phone. She was smiling at crying at the same time. "I'm going to meet her. Xiao Xing, I'm going to meet you..." she said. She looked at the door. Her feet took her outside of her room, and by Aaron's door. She found herself knocking at him. "Aaron... Aaron..." she called as she knocked. 

 

Aaron opened the door, and saw Pets. She was smiling, but there were tears in her eyes. This made him very worried. "What's wrong?" he asked as he held her shoulder. "Aaron... someone called me...." she said. Aaron nodded his head. He took her to the living room, and let her sit down for a while to calm down. 

 

"What happened? What was that call about?" Aaron asked her. "Xiao Xing... I'm going to meet Xiao Xing tomorrow evening." Pets told him. Aaron was surprised at what she said, but he was happy. Pets looked at him, and smiled as she continued to cry happily. "I'm going to see Xiao Xing tomorrow, finally!" she told him. 

 

Then, Pets hugged Aaron, and rested her head on her shoulder. "I can't believe I'm finally going to see her..." she told him. Aaron was surprised at her hug, but he felt giddy and happy inside. Having the girl he likes in his arm is more than a dream. "I'm so happy for you. Finally, you'll be at ease when you see your sister." Aaron told her. Pets looked at him, and smiled. 

 

Meanwhile, Wayne went out of his room to get some water when he saw Aaron and Pets hugging. He gasped upon seeing them together. "Oh my God, Aaron's so fast! And he was able to make Pei Ci a girl!" he thought. He went back to his room so as not to disturb them. After Wayne went back to his room. Ben went out of his room, and was surprised to see Aaron and Pets hugging. He smiled happily seeing them together. "It was a good idea to accept Pets here. Look how happy and in love my friend is now!" he thought. Just like Wayne, he went back to his room to leave them alone. Then, Sam went out of his room, and also saw Aaron and Pets together. He let out a sigh as he shook his head. "And I am the ert one? Aaron is taking advantage of you, creature!" he thought as he went back to his room. 

 

"Do you want me to go with you when you meet her?" Aaron asked after Pets she broke their hug. "Will you? I know I've been taking too much of your time..." Pets said. Aaron smiled, and shook his head. "What are friends for, right? I want to be there for you. I'll accompany you tomorrow. The meeting is at the evening, right?" Aaron said. Pets nodded her head. "Then, I'm out of school that time. Don't worry, I'll go with you." Aaron said. With that, Pets hugged him again. "Thank you so much, Aaron." she said. 

 

Aaron looked up at the ceiling and smiled happily. In his mind, he's thanking all the deities for his luck. "I'm so lucky, thank you gods and goddesses who are looking down on me!" he thought as he hugged Pets. 

 

--

 

Grace heard a knock on the door, and she immediately rushed to open it. She saw her father standing outside her room, smiling at her. "Daddy dearest!" she said in glee. "Would my darling daughter accompany me for a short drive around the city?" Gregory asked. Grace smiled, and nodded her head. She got out of her room, and linked his arms to her father, as her father escorted her to the driveway. 

 

They got inside the car, and as the car left the Ming mansion, she noticed how quiet her father is. "Daddy dearest, is there anything wrong?" she asked worriedly. Gregory looked at her, and smiled. "Grace, my darling..." he called as he held her hand. "Remember when you were young? You always ask your mommy dearest and I how you came into this world" he asked her.  Grace nodded her head. 

 

"You used to say, God gave me to you and mommy dearest, that I am fated to be your daughter." Grace answered. Gregory nodded his head. "And we are glad that you grew up to be the loving, kind and smart daughter we hoped you to be. I know wherever your mommy dearest is, she's happy of how you turned out to be." Gregory said. 

 

"Then, are you ready to tell the truth to me, daddy dearest?" Grace asked. Gregory gave her daughter a confused look. Grace gave her father a sad smile. "That I am adopted?" she asked again. Gregory was surprised at her knowledge. He never knew Grace already know about her adoption. "How did you know? When did you found out?" he asked worriedly. 

 

"When I was still a kid. Remember during one of the parties at the mansion? All the kids invited there wanted to be friends with me. I was happy at first, but then I found the real reasons the kids wanted to be friends with me.  I went to where the adults are, and I heard one of the lady guests talk about me being adopted, that if only I wasn't Gregory Ming's daughter, she would not let her daughter play with me. Since then, I became wary of people who wanted to be close to me, because I know they only want to get close to you through me." she told him. 

 

Gregory felt sorry for her daughter. She never thought some people would want to use her to gain his favor. "I'm sorry for what happened, Grace..." he said. Grace let out a smile, and shook his head. "No, don't be sorry daddy. At least at a young age, I can already distinguish who are my real friends or not. I know Rachel and Claire are my real friends, because they really care about me. And Stephanie too." Grace said. 

 

Gregory let out a smile, and gave her a hug, "Then, now that I know that you know the truth, there's something else I would want you to know..." he said. Just in time, the car stopped in front of Summer House. As the window of the car rolled down, Grace stared at the old orphanage. 

 

"Is this the place where you got me?" Grace asked her father. Gregory smiled at her. "This is the place where our fate started." Gregory corrected her. The two of them got out the car, and went inside the orphanage. As they were walking down the hall, Grace smiled as the children ran around. 

 

"The moment we saw you here, we fell in love with you. I remember your mom telling me, 'Gregory, this is the child God fated for us to meet. We are destined to meet this child and take care of her.' And that day, we took you in. We love you like you were born to us. And I know, one day you will find out the truth about yourself, and that day is today..." She listened to her father say. 

 

"But if we only came in time, maybe it wasn't just you that we have adopted..." Gregory said. Grace looked at her father with confusion written on her face. "What do you mean, daddy?" She asked. Gregory took a deep breath before letting her know that reason they are at the orphanage that evening. "You have a twin sister that got adopted first before we found you. Her name is Xiao Yue. The couple who adopted her wanted to take you in as well, but at that time, they could not afford to, so they took your elder twin sister instead." Gregory explained.

 

Grace's eyes widened in surprise. "I... I have a twin?" she asked in disbelief. Gregory nodded his head. Then, she let out a smile. "I... I have a twin sister..." she said. Finding out the truth made her really happy. 

 

--

 

Pets and Aaron stood outside the old orphanage. She still could not believe that in a few minutes, she's going to meet her twin sister. "Are you ready?" she heard Aaron say. "I'm a little nervous, but yeah, I'm ready." she assured him. She let out a smile. "I can't wait to meet her. I can't wait to meet my other half." she said, almost in tears. 

 

Aaron looked at her, and smiled. Then, he held her hand. "Everything's going to be OK from now on." he assured her. "But do you think she will like me? What if she can't accept me? What if she's a snob like those girls from rich families. I heard that person who adopted her is filthy rich. What if -"

 

Aaron silenced her by putting her pointer finger on her lips. "She will love you, and she will accept you." he assured her. Pets looked blankly at him. "Aaron, I don't appreciate your finger on my lips." she told him. Aaron sweat dropped as he pulled away from her. 

 

The two of them went inside the orphanage, and walked through the empty halls. "Wait..." Pets said as she stopped walking. Aaron gave her a confused look. "Do you think I'm handsome enough for my twin to recognize me?" Pets asked him. Aaron sweat dropped again. "You look good. Don't worry. And for sure, you and your twin looks alike." he told her. "I'm sorry, I'm just getting nervous." Pets said with a nervous laugh. Aaron gave her another  reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'm here with you." he said. 

 

At the end of the hallway, they saw a girl with an ear-length her. Her back was facing them. In front of the girl is an elder man who was talking to her. When the elder man eyed them, he let out a smile. "That must be Gregory Ming..." Pets said. Aaron's eyes widened upon seeing him. Of course, he know him. He is the King of Real Estate of Taiwan, and as an architecture student, he had studied most of his works. Gregory Ming is his idol. "That is Gregory Ming." Aaron told her. 

 

"Your sister is here." Gregory told Grace. Grace looked back and was surprised to see Pets. They look the same, it was like she was looking at herself in the mirror. She can't believe that she was seeing her twin sister for the first time. 

 

Pets looked at Grace with tears in her eyes. There she is, with the same features at her. Her brown orbs looks back at her, and she knew she's finally complete. This is her twin sister,  the sister that fate took away from her. And she can't believe she finally found her. "Xiao Xing?" she called as she walked towards her. 

 

Grace let out a smile as she walked towards her twin sister. "Xiao Yue?" she called. Then, they met,, and stood in front of each other. Grace lifted her finger, and touched her nose. "You are real! I'm not looking at a mirror! You are my twin sister!" she said in awe. Despite being teary eyes, Pets let out a laugh. "I am real. And you are here. I am here. I finally found you." she told him.  

 

Grace gazed at her, and then she cried. As the two girls hugged, tears can't help but flow from her eyes. From where they are standing, both Gregory and Aaron were smiling as they watched their reunion. For Aaron, he's happy that Pets finally found her twin sister. And for Gregory, it made her feel at ease knowing he had told Grace the truth. 

 

Before something could even happen to him.