Episode 27 - Something In Common

Me And The Twins Next Door

"What the hell are you doing here?"

 

Pets muffled angrily as she got out of the private karaoke room. "What else? I'm here for you, babe!" she heard Kimberley tell her. Pets let out a sigh. "We had an agreement, remember?"

"Who told you to stay so long here in Taipei?!"

"I told you the situation."

"But still!"

"Don't be a brat, Kimberley."

"I'm not being a brat. I'm just here to take you back to Canada." 

"You know I can't go back right now. Kimmy, please don't insist on what you want right now."

"But baaaaaaabe! Do you know how much I miss you?!"

 

Pets let out a long sigh. "You know what, you just came from your flight, and you might need to rest. Why don't we talk some other time?" she told him. "Pets Ceng! Don't you love me anymore? Maybe you found another girl that's why you're avoiding me?!" Kimberly shouted angrily at her. "Kimmy, babe, you're overthinking. You know that I love you." she told him. 

 

Meanwhile, Sam was by door, eavesdropping on her phone conversation. "That's her girlfriend?" he thought as he listened. He doesn't know why, but at that moment, he felt jealous. 

 

"If you love me, then you'll come back with me to Canada. I got your plane ticket with me now!" Kimberley said over the phone. She felt a vein appearing on her forehead at what Kimberley said. Her girlfriend is getting more annoying the more she talks to her. "Kimmy, babe, let's talk about this some other time, all right? Rest for now. I love you so much!" she said before ending the call. 

 

That was the time she let out a sigh of relief. "Ugh, Kimberley... you can't understand, don't you?" she muttered under her breath. As she turned to go head back inside the room, she saw Sam standing by the door. "Hey, are you eavesdropping on me, stupid idiot ert?!" she asked him. Sam let out a smirk. "Why would I eavesdrop on you? Why would I want to know that your girlfriend is here in Taipei? And that you seem not too happy to hear that she's here for you." Sam said. 

 

Pets squinted her eyes as she gave him dagger looks. "You stupid idiot ert..." she said as she gritted her teeth. "Look, don't be mad at me. Who knows, I might be able to help you get her off your back." Sam said. Pets paused for a while and looked at him. After all, she had always wanted to get Kimberley off her back. What she hated about her girlfriend is everything had to to be done her way. Maybe it's time to reconsider their relationship and break up with her, after all, it's indefinite as to when she will stay in Taiwan, and she doesn't want to leave her hanging. 

 

"Are you going to do that?" Pets asked. "Why not? I scratch your back, you scratch mine. You want to get rid of your girlfriend, help me get rid of the clingy girls around me." Sam told her. If Sam is the way for her to make Kimberley go back to Canada without her, then she should take his offer, even if she hates him. "All right. I'll accept your help." Pets said. 

 

Sam smiled at her, and then put his arm around her shoulders. "You made a good choice, creature. Don't worry, before you know it, you two had broken up, and she'll come crying to me." Sam said confidently. "Sam Lin, you really like taking advantage of girls, do you?" she asked. Sam gave her a  confused look, then Pets pointed at his arm. Sam let out an awkward laugh as he took it off her. 

 

--

 

Aaron couldn't sleep that night, so he decided to stay at the living room to watch cartoons from the DVD player. A moment later, she saw the door from Grace's and Pets' room open. Grace came out with a pout. "Why aren't you still asleep, Xiao Xing?" Aaron asked. She sighed as she sat next to him. "I can't sleep without Xiao Yue beside me..." she said. 

 

He let out a smile at her. "Don't worry, your sister will be home soon." he told her. "You know, what's weird? When I was still at the mansion, I can sleep alone on my bed. It's OK if I have my teddy bear with me. But since daddy dearest died, I can't seem to sleep alone. It felt like I'm scared to be alone..." she said sadly. 

 

Aaron felt sorry for her. It must have been tough for her, since her father died. "I'm sorry to hear that. How about this, we can wait for your sister so you can rest. For now, let's  watch some cartoons, all right?" he told her. Grace's face lightened up as she smiled at him. "Sure! What are you watching?" she asked. "Spongebob Squarepants." he told her. Grace's eyes widened. She looked like an excited child when she heard what he said. 

 

"That's my favorite!" she told him. Aaron let out a smile. "It's my most favorite cartoon in the world." Aaron said. Then, he mimicked Spongebob's laugh, making Grace laugh as well. "Is mayonnaise an instrument?" Grace said in Patrick's voice. "I knew I shouldn't have gotten out of bed today." Aaron said in Sqiudward's voice. 

 

The two of them laughed as they made impressions of their favorite cartoon characters. "I love Spongebob!" Grace told him. "He's my favorite." Aaron told her. Grace looked at him. "We have something in common!" she told him. Aaron nodded his head. "Did you know, when I was young, I had a big Spongebob stuff toy. Too bad, my stepmom threw it while I was away on vacation..." she told him. "Why would your stepmom throw that away?"

"She saw I'm too old for such childish things. But what can I do? I'm old enough, and yet I like childish things."

"You know, it's OK to be childish once in a while. It's hard being an adult, you know."

"Do you get childish once in a while, Aaron?"

"Of course, I do. Do you know, until now, I still play with my toy robots."

 

Grace looked at him with disbelief. "Really?" she asked. Aaron nodded his head. "I imagine I'm inside the robot, controlling them, and that I'm out to save a city from a big monster alien."  he told her. Grace laughed at him. "Just like those sentai shows? That's so cute!" she cooed at him.  Aaron smiled at her, and then pinched her nose. Grace looked at the TV, and then watched the cartoon. "Oh, it's my favorite episode!" she told him. "Mine too." Aaron said. 

 

The two of them watched silently as they wait for Pets' return. Two hours has passed, and they were almost done with the DVD. Aaron was glued to watching the TV, when she felt Grace's head fell on his shoulder. "Grace?" he called as he looked beside her. He found her sound asleep. 

 

For a while, Aaron stared at Grace. She and Pets may have the same face, but he could tell the difference between them. While Pets is more boyish and hot-headed sometimes, Grace is innocent and naive. He felt that it's Grace's innocence that made him want to protect her, especially with Sam around. 

 

The more that he stared at her, the more that he begin to notice little things in her. Like how her long eyelashes are, and how it complimented her. The puffiness of her cheek that made him want to pinch it. And then, her pink lips. He found himself moving closer to her as she stared at her lips. It was as if he is mesmerized by just looking at her sleeping face. 

 

"We're home!"

 

He heard Pets say as she entered the door. He snapped from being dazed, and moved away his face from Grace's. "Oh, welcome home. Did you guys had fun?" he asked as he looked at Pets and Sam. He saw the two nod their head. "I'm sleepy. I'll go back to my room first." Sam said as he left them in the living room. 

 

 "Oh, Grace fell asleep waiting for you. She can't sleep alone in your room." Aaron told Pets. Pets looked at her sister, and saw her sound asleep. "Should I wake her up?" Pets asked. "How about I carry her inside your room so there's no need to wake her up?" Aaron suggested. Pets nodded her head. 

 

Carefully, Aaron carried Grace, avoiding to wake her up. As Pets opened their room, Aaron headed to their bed, and laid Grace on it. "Sweet dreams, little star..." he whispered to her. "Thanks for the help, Aaron." Pets said. "No worries. You better sleep now." he told her. Pets just nodded her head. 

 

As Aaron left the room, he felt his heart beating fast. He clutched his chest to calm himself down. "Why do I always feel this way when I'm with Grace?" he thought. 

 

--

 

"Wow, honey toast, this breakfast looks delicious!"

 

Wayne gaped as he looked at the breakfast his girlfriend prepared for her. "Well, I have to make it extra special because I know you're going to have a busy week ahead." Diana told him, placing some more plate of food on the table. Wayne looked up at Diana, and let out a smile. He held her hand, and gazed into her eyes. "Have I told you that I'm so lucky to have you in my life?" he asked. 

 

Diana bit her lips as she blushed. As always, Wayne is being sweet again, and she can't help feel giddy whenever he says the right words. "You always tell that to me, and I won't get tired hearing that from you." she told him. Wayne inched his face closer to her, making her cheeks turn bright pink. "Then, can I say that I love you?" he asked. 

 

Diana let out a giggle. With that, Wayne gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "I love you." he told her. "I love you too..." Diana said shyly. Their sweet moment was interrupted with a knock on the door. "Who could be our visitor early this morning, aside from you?" Wayne asked as he looked at Diana. Diana just shrugged her shoulder. "Why don't you start eating first, then I'll go check who it is, OK?" she told him. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

She rushed to the door, and opened it. She was surprised to see Sunnee outside, with a sad look on her face. "Sunnee?" Diana called. "P'Diana?" Sunnee said as she gave her puppy eyes. "What's wrong?" Diana asked. Sunnee didn't answer. Instead, she cried, and hugged Diana. Diana did her best to console Sunnee. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asked. She broke their hug, and helped her get inside the house. The moment Sunnee settled down on the couch, she told Diana why she is crying.

 

"I... I broke up with Dylan..." Sunnee told her. Diana was surprised at what she said. She didn't expect the two would break up. "What?!" she exclaimed. Meanwhile, Wayne's phone rang. He saw Dylan's name flashing on the screen. "Hello?" 

"Wayne, is Sunnee there?"

"Yes, he is here. She's actually... crying to my girlfriend right now."

 

Wayne peeked from the kitchen to see what's going on with Diana and Sunnee. "All right. I'll go there. Just don't tell her I'm coming, all right?" he heard Dylan say. "Dylan, what's wrong?" Wayne asked. Dylan didn't answer him. Instead, he ended the call. 

 

"Why did you broke up with him?" Diana asked Sunnee as she cried. "He's too much! He doesn't care about my feelings anymore. He gets jealous easily, and it feels like he's suffocating me!" Sunnee said as she cried. Diana tried to wrap her head around what Sunnee is saying, but she could still not understand why. 

 

Then, they heard another knock on the door. "Let me get that one." Wayne said as he rushed by the door. He is praying it isn't Dylan. As he opened the door, he is surprised to see Sylvia. "Fei Fei!" Wayne said. "Is Sunnee here? Dylan is looking for him." Sylvia said. Wayne nodded his head. "But can't you tell Sunnee Dylan is looking for her? I think they broke up." Wayne said as she let Sylvia in. Sylvia joined the Diana, who is consoling Sunnee. 

 

"Good morning!" Grace said as she got out of her room. She noticed Sunnee is crying is crying, while Diana and Sylvia is consoling her. "What just happened?" Grace asked as she joined them. "She broke up with her boyfriend." Diana explained to her. "Oh, dear..." Grace told them. 

 

Meanwhile, Wayne got another call. This time, it's from Wes. "Zheng? You're just in time. Your girlfriend is here." Wayne told his best friend. "Actually, I don't want to talk to Fei Fei. I need to talk to you." Wes told on the other line. Wayne had a confused expression on his face. 

 

"What? Why?" Wayne said. He heard Wes sigh on the other line. "I need to tell you something, Wayne. And maybe you can advise me. Or scold me." Wes told him. "All right, what is it?"

"Wayne... well... someone came to see me yesterday."

"Who?"

"It's Tia."

 

Wayne's eyes widened upon hearing that. Then, he eyes the two girls. "What?!" he asked in a hushed voice. "She found me, so we talked."

"Just talked?"

"What should we do other than talk?"

"Are you out of your mind? That's your ex... something we're talking about! Have you told Fei Fei?"

"Should I? We just cleared things between us."

Wayne let out a sigh. He took one last look at Sylvia before going out of the backyard to talk to Wes in secret. 

 

There was another knock on the door. This time, Grace volunteered to open it. There was a petite girl standing in front of her. She let out a wide smile upon seeing her. "Babe!" she said as she hugged her. Grace was shocked at what she did? "What? Babe? I'm not your babe!" Grace shouted as she her hands off of her. 

 

The girl gave her a confused look. "Babe? Don't you recognize me? It's me, Kimberley." she told her. "I don't know you." Grace told her. "Grace, who is it?" she heard Aaron call her. "I don't know who she is!" Grace told him. They both saw Kimberley's expression changed into an angry one. "You... are... with... this... guy?" Kimberley said slowly. They can both feel how angry she is now. 

 

"No, miss, you misunderstood. She -" Aaron tried to stop her but raising his hand, but before he knew it, Kimberley is hitting him. "What did you do to my baby? My baby doesn't deserve you! I hate you! I hate you! You dare to steal my baby from me?!" she shouted angrily at Aaron as she hit him. Grace tried to stop Kimberley from hitting Aaron, while he ducked to protect himself. "No! Wait! Let me explain!"

 

"What's the noise all about?" Pets asked as she got out of the room. Kimberley stopped hitting Aaron, and looked at Pets. Then, she looked at Grace. "Wait... you're not Pets?" Kimberley asked Grace. "That's what we're trying to explain to you, girl!" Grace said sarcastically. She went to Aaron's side, and patted his back. "Thank you for trying to stop her..." Aaron said wearily. 

 

Kimberley eyed on Pets, and smiled. Then, she ran towards her, and hugged her tight. "Baby! I missed you!" she told him. All eyes were on them, this time. "Kimmy..." Before Pets could continue what she was about to say, Kimberley kissed her on the lips. And that was the scene Sam saw the moment he got out of his room.