Episode 17 - Sometimes, First Love Never Dies

Me And The Twins Next Door

"Coming!"

 

Wayne shouted as soon as he heard the knock on the door. He opened it, and saw his girlfriend by the door. "Xiao Jin! I have a surprise for you!" Diana said excitedly. Then. Sylvia popped behind Diana. "Xiao Jin!" Sylvia shouted happily. Wayne let out a smile upon seeing Sylvia. "Fei Fei!" he said. He then gave his best friend a hug. "I missed you so much!" Wayne told her. "I missed you too!" Sylvia told her. 

 

He let the two girls in, and the three of them sat on the couch. "When did you came back?" Wayne asked Sylvia. "Yesterday. And first order of business is to give my best friend his goodies!" Sylvia said, handing him a bag of goodies from Japan. "Thanks, Fei Fei! You're the best." Wayne told her. "You know, I was telling Fei Fei about Pets and her twin sister, and she still could not believe it." Diana told her boyfriend. "If you could only see how shocked I was when I saw two Pets in this house. It was so surprising. But they were different. Grace, the twin is more girly than Pets." Wayne said. Sylvia looked at him with disbelief. "Really?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

Just then, Pets and Grace came out of the room. "Baby girl!" Pets called happily as she saw Sylvia. Sylvia jumped from her seat, and hugged Pets. "Pei Ci! It's been a long time!" she said. Then, Sylvia looked at Grace. Grace smiled shyly at her. "She must be your twin sister?" Sylvia asked. Grace nodded her head. "Baby girl, this is Grace, my twin sister. Xiao Xing, this is Sylvia, my classmate back in high school." Pets said. The two girls shook hand. "It's nice to meet you, Sylvia." Grace said. Sylvia smiled at her. "Same here." Sylvia said. "Ah, I also bought some goodies for you from Japan." Sylvia said. She took her bag, and gave the two girls their souvenirs. "Thanks, Fei Fei." Pets said. "Thank you." Grace said. 

 

Sam entered the house. The moment he saw Sylvia, he paused for a while. "I can't believe I'll see you again, Fei Fei!" Pets said, pinching Sylvia cheek. "Me too!" Sylvia said as she laughed. Seeing Sylvia made Sam feel both happy and sad at the same time. Happy, because he was able to see the girl he loves once again. Sad, because she loves someone else, and he could never have her heart again. Sylvia looked by the door, and saw Sam. "Hello, Sam." she said as she smiled. Sam nodded politely at her.

 

For a while, there was an awkward silence among old friends, which made Grace curious. "Ah, Sam. Would you like to go out to buy something to eat?" Grace said to break the silence. Pets looked sternly at Grace. "Xiao Xing..." she said firmly. "Everyone must be hungry. Plus, I don't know my way around here. Maybe Sam can go with me?" Grace said. She looked at Sam with eyes filled with hope. Sam let out a smile at Grace. "Sure, why not. Let's go to the nearest food stall." Sam said. 

 

Pets couldn't do anything but watch Sam and Grace leave. She felt it's better to deal with both of them later, than to deal with the awkwardness between him and Sylvia. "You sister seems close to Sam, huh?" Sylvia said to Pets. Pets forced a smile on her face. "If he did something to my sister, I will punch him in the face." she told her. 

 

--

 

Grace followed behind Sam as they walked towards the market. From the time he arrived at the apartment up until now, Sam had been quiet. "Sam..." she called. She jumped in front of him. He looker at her, then she poked his nose. This made Sam smile. "See, you're smiling now." she told him. "Silly girl." he said, patting her head. 

 

"What's wrong?" she asked as both of them walked. "Nothing. I just didn't expect an old friend to turn up."

"Sylvia?"

Sam nodded his head. "All of you went to the same school, right? You must have not seen her for a long time. You should be happy, right?" 

 

Sam let out a sigh. "I am happy." he said. Grace pouted at him. "You don't seem happy at all." she told him. Sam let out a laugh. "You're overthinking. Let's get going so we could bring them food, all right?" Sam said. As he held her hand, she blushed. "He has warm hands... and a strong grip to. I feel so protected..." she thought as she looked at his back. She smiled to herself as she blushed. "God, I think I'm in love with him..." she thought.

 

--

 

"Wow, this is a lot of food!" 

 

Sylvia said as she looked at the food in front of her. "I'm pretty sure you missed the food here in Taiwan." Sam said. Sylvia looked at him, and smiled. "Thank you, Sam." she said. 

 

Then, Sam turned his attention to Grace. "Ah, Grace. Didn't you say you like the bubble waffle? Here, have some." Sam said as he gave her the bubble waffle. "Thank you, Sam." she said happily. Wayne and Diana just looked at each other, while Pets glared at him. 

 

"Oh, and there's a lot of sweets!" Sylvia said, taking one of the sweet food. "Sam said you like sweets, so I bought some for you." Grace said. Sylvia looked at Sam, but he looked away from her and turned his attention to Grace. "But you also like sweets, right, Grace?" Sam said. Grace nodded her head. He took one of the pastries and gave it to her. "For you, cutie." Sam said in a flirty tone. Grace smiled at him and usher as she took the snack from his hand. "T-thanks..." She said.

 

Pets cleared . "Fei Fei, you like Da Dong from KO One, right?" she asked, still glaring at Sam. "Oh, I sure do." Sylvia said. "You know who my favorite character is from KO One? Xiao Yu, the King Of Endurance. He had a very powerful punch, right?" she said. Pets folded her arms as he looked at Sam. "Do you think I can have the same power as he is?" she asked. 

 

Wayne swallowed hard. He could feel the tension between Pets and Sam. Sam looked at Pets, and smirked at her. "Someone save us from this situation is, please?" Wayne prayed silently. 

 

"Hello, guys!"

 

Aaron greeted as he got inside the house. He was surprised to see Sylvia. "Oh, you're here. Hello Sylvia!" Aaron greeted. "Hi, Aaron!" she greeted. He sat besides Pets, and took one of the snack. "How's Wes?" Aaron asked absent-mindedly. At that moment, Wayne wanted to disappear in the face of the earth. "Why does all the awkward situation have to happen today?" he thought. 

 

"Oh, he's fine. He and his sister's going to visit their dad in London this week." Sylvia said. "That's good news." Aaron said as he took a bite from the snack. He had no idea how awkward it is between the old friends before he came in, and that he made it even more awkward, especially to Sam. 

 

--

 

After Sylvia and Diana left, and when she saw Sam all alone at the kitchen, Pets decided to corner him. "ert! We need to talk." she called him. Sam looked at Pets and smirked. "What do you want, creature?" he asked. 

 

She held his collar, and glared at him. "Stay away from my sister..." she hissed at him. Sam just laughed. "What can I do if it's your sister that's coming after me?" Sam said. Pets pushed him. She was about to punch him, but she decided not to. 

 

"Look, just because someone broke your heart before doesn't give you the right to play with other people's feelings. If you can't move on from Sylvia, it's not my problem. Stay away from my sister before you could hurt her feelings." she told him. 

 

Sam looked at her, and she could see the tears from his eyes. At that moment, he was taken aback by what she said. Before he could say something to Pets, he saw her storm inside her room. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

She stared at him with shock. "But...you said... you said you love me..." she could hear her voice falter. Before she knew it, tears were falling from her eyes. He looked coldly  at her. "I did my best. I really did. But..."

 

"I'm not enough, am I? Even if I changed you I am for you?" she asked. This time, she cried in front of him. "Please choose me... choose me like you did before. I love you,  I really do. I can change for you, I promise. I can change whatever it is that you didn't want in me. But please, choose me again... " she pleaded to him. "I really can't. I don't want to hurt you anymore I'm sorry. It's over between us" he told her as he turned his back on her. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--