Episode 34 - Kissing Monster

Me And The Twins Next Door

"Enjoy your meal." 

 

Sam said as he smiled to his customers. Pets just finished the drink she was making, and as she looked at Sam, she let out a smile. She saw him walk towards the counter. "Wow, you're getting the hang of this work, huh?" she told him. Sam just smiled at him. "Well, I kinda enjoy this..." he said. Xiu looked at the two. "Ah, someone will be getting a free drink..." Xiu said. Both Sam and Pets looked at him. "Someone just won the bet." Riley said as he walked towards the counter.

 

"What bet?" he asked with confusion. Pets let out a sigh. "They were betting on how long you'll be able to keep your job. And since you've been here for two months..." Pets said, eyeing on the two. "Ah, you made a bet out of  me, huh? Well, whoever bet that I'll be staying for long sure is a winner." Sam said. "Pets bet on that." Xiu said. Sam was surprised at what he said. He looked at her and she smiled at him. "She believed in me..." he thought. He found himself smiling at her. "Well, I think you're the kind of guy that if you take something seriously, you can keep it as long as you want. Just like when it comes to relationships, right?" she said. Sam smiled shyly as he blushed. "Well... thank you for believing in me..." he said. 

 

"So, Pets, tell me. What drink do you want us to treat you?" Riley asked. Pets shook her head. "Just give it to this hard working guy." she said, pointing at Sam. Sam looked at her as she continued with her work. The more that he stares at her, the more that he's seeing pink bubbles around her. "Wait..." he thought as she shook his head. "What am I thinking? Sam, get a hold of yourself." he said to herself. "Well, I want a caramel macchiato later. Pets, make my drink later before my break, all right?" Sam said. Pets nodded her head. "Yes, boss!" Pets said.

 

--

 

Wayne, Ben, Grace and Aaron were  at the Ikemen Coffee Shop after their classes.

 

"Hey, I remember. Do you know what's the special  occasion on Friday?" Ben said. Wayne looked at him, and he smiled. "I think  I know what it is!" Wayne said. Grace gave the two a confused look. "What is it?" she asked. "It's Aaron's birthday!" the two said as they wiggled theirs hands over Aaron's head. 

 

Aaron let out a sigh. "Guys..." he said. "We should celebrate!" Ben said. Wayne nodded  in agreement. "It's like we're also celebrating the end of midterms, right?" Wayne said. Aaron just looked at the two. "But guys..."

 

"Wayne and Ben are right! We should celebrate your birthday." Grace said. "I have tons of school works to do. We can celebrate it some other time." Aaron told them. "But we have to celebrate it! Your last birthdays, you always celebrate it with your girlfriends. Why don't you celebrate it with us, your friends?" Ben said. Aaron let out a sigh. "Ben's right. Since your sister and mom decided to stay in New York with your dad, you have no one to celebrate your birthday with. And you don't even have a girlfriend right now." Wayne said. Aaron could only glare at him. "Why are you rubbing it in?" he said. 

 

"I think it would be fun." Grace said. Ben and Wayne nodded their heads. Aaron let out a sigh. He had no choice but to agree with them. "Yay! We're going to celebrate Aaron's birthday!" Grace said happily as she clapped her hands. "I agree to this, but no booze. I need to work overnight on a plate, all right?" Aaron said. "We wouldn't dare to bring booze." Wayne said firmly. 

 

Grace gave Wayne a confused look. "Why?" she asked. Wayne and Ben looked at each other. As they touched their own lips, they blushed. "Nothing. I just don't like drinking a lot. And these guys are crazy alcoholics with booze around" Aaron said nonchalantly. "Us?! Are you kidding me, Aaron Yan Ya Lun? Didn't you know the last time you got drunk..."

 

Ben looked away from him, and let out a fake cry. "I don't want to remember it anymore..." he said. "Me too. That's part of my life I would want to forget." Wayne said as he shook his head. Grace was even more confused with them. "What is it with Aaron when he gets drunk?" she thought. 

 

[Grace's Imagination]

 

"Why did she leave me?!" Aaron cried as cried while gulping a bottle of beer in his hand. He let out a loud cry, making Wayne and Ben almost lose their hearing. "Why am I such an unfortunate being? I only wanted to be loved!" he cried again.

 

--

 

"You!" 

 

Aaron shouted angrily at Wayne at Ben He took out a knife from his back pocket, and whisked it them. Wayne and Ben could only look at him with fear. "I will kill the two of you!" Aaron shouted again. As he was about to stab them, the two shouted. "Noooooo!"

 

[End of Grace's Imagination]

 

Grace shook her head. "No way! Aaron can't be a violent person when he's drunk. Maybe he cries a lot when he's drunk that's why Wayne and Ben doesn't want him to drink a lot..." she thought. 

 

"Hey, guys!" Pets greeted them. As soon as she approached them, she joined them. "Hey, Xiao Yue! We're just talking about Aaron's birthday celebration." Grace filled in her sister. "Oh, it's this Friday, right?" Pets asked. Aaron smiled at her as he nodded her head. "You still remember..." Aaron said. "Of course. I remember, it was your birthday when we found Cookie and her kittens, right?" Pets said. Aaron nodded. "And you treated me for some cake after school. How could I forget that." Pets said. 

 

Aaron smiled happily, knowing Pets still remembered his birthday. "Cookie? You had a cat before?" Grace asked her twin. "Cookie is a resident cat at our school back then. Pets and I always play with her during our breaks." Aaron explained. Grace just nodded her head. 

 

"Well, since it's my good brother's birthday, leave the cake up to me, all right?" Pets said. Aaron flinched at what she said. "Then, I'll decorate the living room!" Wayne volunteered. "I'll buy some food for us to share!" Grace said. "And I'll just tell stories and jokes that day." Ben said. With that, Wayne hit his head. "You're a cheapskate, Xiao Le!" Wayne told him. Ben just rubbed his head. 

 

"Thank you guys for wanting to celebrate my birthday... but -"

"No more buts, Aaron Yan! We are going to celebrate your birthday, and that's final!" Grace scolded him. Aaron just let out a sigh. "Well, if you guys insist..." he said. 

 

--

 

Aaron's birthday. 

 

The living room was decorated with balloons and a happy birthday banner, while food is placed on the coffee table. Ben, Wayne and Grace were busy preparing for Aaron's birthday party. "We're all set!" Ben said. "We just have to wait for Pets and Sam. They have the cake." Wayne said. 

 

A few seconds later, the door opened. Pets and Sam came in. "There's our cake!" Wayne said upon seeing Pets holding the box of cake. Then, he gasped upon seeing Sam, who is holding boxes of beer. "W-w-w-w-why did you buy beer?" Wayne asked. Sam gave him a confused look. "What is a party without beer?" Sam asked. "Sam's right. I asked him to buy that for our celebration tonight. And besides, I could use some alcohol to drink." Pets said. The two looked at each other and gave each other a high five. 

 

"I thought you hate each other?" Wayne asked. "We have a truce." Sam said. Wayne could only sigh. "Wayne, just make sure Aaron won't drink two cans of beer." Ben said. Wayne nodded his head. Grace let out a pout. "We don't have champagne? I don't know how to drink beer." Grace asked innocently. Sam let out a smile. "Of course, I got that covered!" Sam said. He took out a bottle of champagne, and instantly, Grace's face lightened up. Meanwhile, both Wayne and Ben panicked. The two of them looked at each other. "Don't make him drink too much. Do you understand?" Ben whispered. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

They continued to get ready for the party until Aaron finally arrived. The moment he opened the door, he was greeted by a confetti popper. "Happy birthday!" all of them greeted. Aaron smiled at them. "Thank you, guys!" he said. Sam walked up to him, and put on his birthday hat. "Happy birthday, man." Sam said. "Thanks, Sam."

 

Then, Grace approached him, holding the cake with the lighted candle on it. "Happy birthday, Aaron! Make a wish and blow the candle." she said. Aaron closed his eyes to make a wish. A few seconds later, he opened his eyes, and blew the candle. Everyone cheered at him. "Let's eat, drink and be merry!" Ben said. 

 

With that, Sam handed Aaron a can of beer. This made Wayne and Ben alarmed. "No!" they both exclaimed. Sam looked at them with confusion. "What's wrong? Aaron can't drink beer?" Sam asked. "I can drink beer. It's just that they're concerned about me." Aaron said as he opened the can. Sam just nodded his head. "Or, do you want a glass of champagne, Aaron?" Grace asked. "You should have one." Pets said as she poured him a glass. 

 

Aaron looked at Wayne and Ben, and both of them pleading not to take the glass. "No, I'm good. I'm just drinking one can of beer, because I need to finish a plate tonight." he said. With that, Wayne and Ben let out a sigh of relief. He looked at Grace, and saw him drink the champagne from her glass. "Xiao Xing, don't drink too much, OK?" he warned her. "Wow, dad is at it again." Sam commented as he rolled his eyes. Pets and Grace just let out a laugh. 

 

--

 

After eating his cake and the food they prepared, Aaron went back to his room to finish his school works. He could still his roommates outside while they are celebrating, but their noise didn't bother him. "I can't believe Grace fell asleep right away..." he heard Ben said. "Just a few glasses of champagne could knock her out!" Wayne said. 

 

"I underestimated her. I thought because we're twins, she'll have the same alcohol tolerance as me. Can someone help me carry her back to our room?" Pets asked. "I'll carry her!" Sam said. "Not, not you, ert!" he heard Pets told  Sam. "What's wrong? As if I'll do something to her?"

"You might do something once you're out of my sight."

 

"I'll carry her!" Wayne volunteered. He assumed Pets let Wayne take Grace inside their room, as Pets and Sam stopped arguing. As hours passes by, the noise eventually died down. He assumed everyone must have gone back to their rooms to sleep. Once it was quiet, he was able to work properly on his plate, and he was able to finish it. "Ah, I need a break..." he thought. He looked at the clock next to his drawing table, and saw that it was already 12 midnight. "Might as well get something to drink." he thought. 

 

He went out of his room, and into the living room. His roommates  left a mess. He could only shake his head as he looked at the mess they left. "I'll remind them to clean this tomorrow." he said. Then, he saw a can of beer on the table. "One more drink won't hurt, right?" he thought. He decided to take it, and drink it for a while. After he finished it, he went to the kitchen to get some water.

 

He didn't bother to open the lights at the kitchen. He noticed a pitcher with a light amber colored liquid on it. "Must be apply juice. I'll take apple juice instead." he thought. What he didn't know is that Sam transferred the champagne onto that pitcher.

 

Aaron took a glass, and filled it with that drink. It tasted funny for him, but he continued drinking it. "What the heck is this?" he thought as he looked at his almost empty glass. Then, he felt dizzy. "Oh, ... I know what this is..." he thought. 

 

Meanwhile, Grace woke up from her sleep, feeling thirsty. She got out the bed, and went to the kitchen, to find Aaron leaning on the counter. "Aaron?" she called as she slowly walked up to him. She saw him massaging his head. "Are you all right?" she asked worriedly. 

 

Aaron looked up at her. As soon as she was near him, He stood up straight, and held her by her shoulder. "Is something wrong?" she asked. Her eyes gave him a curious look. Aaron held her tight, and lightly pushed her over the refrigerator. 

 

"Are... are you mad at me? Did I do anything?" she asked. Aaron was just staring at her. His face inched towards her. Her heart beats fast as he gets closer and closer to her. And before she knew it, Aaron captured her lips. As he kissed her, all she could do is stare blankly at the wall before her.