Episode 00 - Prologue 2 - What Made Them Confused

Me And The Twins Next Door

Sylvia entered her room, and the first thing she did was open her laptop. Just in time, a video call came through. She let out a smile as she answered it. 

 

"Hello!" 

 

Stephy and Allie shouted the moment she came on the screen. She smiled upon seeing her favorite girls in the world. "Fei Fei jie, I miss you!" Allie told her. "I miss you too, Fei Fei jie!" Stephy said. "And my brother misses you too!" Allie said. Sylvia smiled at them. "I miss you two! Stephy, how's mommy?" Sylvia asked. "She's fine. Allie and I are helping to  take care of baby Daniel and little Max." Stephy told her. "And baby Daniel is the cutest! Has Ella jie and Chun ge sent you their pictures?" Allie asked, Sylvia nodded her head. "I've seen his pictures. He's such an angel." she said. 

 

"Hey! Let me talk to her!"

 

She heard a voice from the background. The two girls giggled as they made way for Wes on the screen. "Fei Fei jie, we'll leave you and Zheng ge ge to talk." Allie said with a wink." She saw the two girls run out of his room. Wes shook his head as he watched Stephy and Allie. "Those girls..." he said. Sylvia just  smiled at him. "They know we usually talk at this time, so that's why they called me while you're not around." she said. Wes looked at her apologetically. "I'm sorry. I got caught up with some group assignments." Wes told her. Sylvia simply smiled  at her. "It's all right, my love. I understand." she said. 

 

"So... have you settled there in Japan?" Wes asked. Sylvia nodded her head. "My room is as cozy as my attic. It's just small, but I love it. Anyway, it's free." she said. Wes laughed at her. "How about you? Were you able to enjoy your weekend trip with Chun ge?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. Then, he let out a sigh. "But something weird happened..." he began. 

 

Sylvia gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" she asked. "I think I saw Pei Ci here in Sydney." Wes said. Sylvia gave her a confused look. "But isn't she supposed to be in Vancouver? I know I talked to her before I came here in Japan." Sylvia said. "That's what I know. But the weird thing is, Pei Ci doesn't act like the Pei Ci we know."

 

Sylvia shot another confused look at him. "I don't understand..." she said. "The Pei Ci I saw her had a longer hair, up to her ears..."

"But Pei Ci had a pixie cut."

"And, she was wearing a dress..."

"Doesn't she abhor wearing a dress?"

"She was very prim and proper."

"The Pei Ci we know is boyish and rowdy..."

"And she had some bodyguards around her."

"She has bodyguards?!"

 

Wes let out a sigh. "That's why I  was confused. When I called her, she wasn't responding to me. So I went to her and tapped her. She was giving me a confused look. She said she doesn't know me. And when I insisted she know me, her bodyguards came and pushed me away." Wes explained. "But Pei Ci wouldn't do that, right?" Sylvia said. Wes nodded his head. "I know she wouldn't. So I was getting confused." Wes said.

 

Sylvia thought for a while, then she remembered an incident a few months back. "That reminds me!  I also think I saw her in Royal Cardinal Academy during our visit there. She was wearing their uniform, and she was very ladylike. I was about to approach her,  but my professor called us. Then, I talked to Pei Ci later on and confirmed she is still in Vancouver." Sylvia told her boyfriend. Wes scratched his chin as he thought. "How can a person be at two places at one time?" he asked. 

 

Then, as if a light bulb lit up on their heads, they came with a conclusion. "Pei Ci has a twin?!" they both exclaimed.