Episode 13 - The Evil Plot

Me And The Twins Next Door

"He's leaving tomorrow. Is everything set?"

 

She listened carefully to the person on the other line. Then, a sly smile formed on her lips. "Good." she said. She huffed from her cigarette as she listened closely. "I want him out of sight by tomorrow." she said. 

 

As she ended the call, she looked at herself in the mirror. Another smile formed on her lips. "Tomorrow..." she said to herself. "It will all be over." 

 

--

 

Pets waited by the posh restaurant. She just arrived earlier, and was waiting for her twin sister. As she looked at the door, and she saw Grace entering the restaurant. She saw her wave at her, and Pets waved back. Tailing behind her is Grace's father, Gregory. 

 

Pets stood up from her seat to greet them. "Good evening." she said as she bowed before Gregory. "Good evening, Xiao Yue. Take your seat." he said. Pets sat down, and Grace sat next to her. "I would like to have dinner with the two of you before I leave tomorrow to deal with some business. I'm afraid I would be gone for a long time, and Grace told me you're planning to go back to Canada next week as well, am I right?" Gregory said. 

 

"Well, I am booked for next week, but...." she hesitated as she looked at Grace. "Yes, my flight is supposed to be next week. I guess I won't be able to properly say goodbye to you." Pets said. Gregory smiled at her. "Grace is telling me she's planning her vacation to Vancouver so she could see you." Gregory said. 

 

Grace looked at Pets, and smiled. "I'm all set for my next vacation with you." she said. Pets laughed at her twin sister, and pinch her nose. "Well, you have to take care of my Xiao Xi when she comes visit you, all right?" Gregory said. Pets nodded her head. "I assure you, I will take good care of Grace." she told him. 

 

They had dinner afterwards, catching up with each other's life for the last 21 years. Dessert came, and Gregory let out a surprise for the twins. "I have a gift for the two of you." he said. He took out two, long, velvety boxes, and handed it to them. "Whoa, this looks expensive..." Pets said in awe. She opened it, and saw a silver bracelet with a crescent moon on it. She looked at Grace's gift, and she had a bracelet as well, except it had a star on it. 

 

"Your real names, Xiao Yue and Xiao Xing, means little moon and little star, so that's why I gave it to the two of you." Gregory told them. Grace smiled at her father. "Thank you, daddy dearest!" she said. "This is so expensive, Mr. Ming. I can't accept this." she said said as she slid the box to him. Gregory stopped her. "Please accept it, Xiao Yue. You and your sister deserve it." he said. Pets looked at Grace, and saw him giving her a puppy eyes. She then decided to give in to them. "All right, I accept this. Thank you for the gift, Mr. Ming." she said. 

 

She took the bracelet from the box, and put it on her wrist. "You two have to promise me. Don't ever lose this bracelet. Don't let anyone steal this from you, or even pawn or sell it,  do you understand?" he said seriously. Pets nodded her head. "I will. I won't lose such an expensive bracelet." she said. "I won't lose this, daddy dearest. I didn't lose any of my jewelries, didn't I?" Grace said. Gregory smiled at his daughter. "I know. That's why I gave these jewelries to you. I know the two of you will take care of it." he said. 

 

As Pets looked at the bracelet on her arm, she heard Grace stand up from her seat. "I'll just go to the powder room. Wait for me, all right?" she said. Then, she was left alone with Grace's father. She heard Gregory sigh as Grace left. 

 

"Pets..." he called. Pets looked up at him. She could see him looking at her worriedly. "Will you promise me that you will protect and take good care of Grace?" he asked. "She is my sister. I will protect her with all my might." she told him. "I'm glad that you two found each other. At least, if something happens to me, she has a family she could run to." Gregory said. 

 

At the moment, Pets suddenly felt anxious. "I don't think anything will happen to you, Mr. Ming." she said. "I don't have anyone I could entrust Grace with, except for our butler. I can't trust any of our family members as well. Grace is a simple girl. Yes, she might have grown up with all wealth I have, but she is a simple girl with simple dreams, just like my late wife. And right now, the other person I can entrust her to, is you." Gregory told her. 

 

Gregory knew he's giving Pets a big responsibility in taking care of Grace. But had to tell Pets it now, because he doesn't know when his silent enemy will attack. Pets let out a smile at him. "Mr. Ming, I assure you, Grace will be in good hands with me. I will take care, and protect her from those who want to hurt her." Pets told him. He let out a smile. "And protect your bracelet. One day, it will be of good use to the two of you." he told her. Pets nodded her head. "Thank you, Xiao Yue. Thank you for your promise. I will be at ease knowing Grace will be safe with you." he said. 

 

"Hey, I'm back. What did I miss?" Grace said as she went back to her seat. "Nothing." Pets said as she looked at her sister. 

 

--

 

The next morning. 

 

"Daddy dearest,  when are you coming back?" Grace asked as she clung to her father's arm. Both of them walked towards the mansion's entrance, where his car is waiting for him. "Next month, I'll be back. I just need to take care of something overseas, all right? Don't worry, I'll bring you lots of gifts when I come back." he told her. 

 

"I don't want gifts. I want you to be back safe, daddy dearest. Will you promise that?" Grace asked. Gregory stopped walking, and faced his daughter. He smiled at her as he cupped her cheek. "I'll be back before you know it, my dearest daughter." he said. Grace smiled at him, and then hugged him tight. 

 

"I love you, daddy dearest." she told him. "I love you too, Grace. I love you so much, my darling daughter." he said to her. Then, Gregory kissed her on her forehead. He hugged her tighter for a little longer. "I'm going to miss you. Call me whenever you can, all right?" Grace asked her. "I will. I will miss you too, munchkin." he said. 

 

"Reporting to Master Ming..." Butler Jin said, interrupting the father and daughter. "The car is ready." he said. Gregory looked at the butler, and nodded his head. He let go of her daughter, and followed Butler Jin outside. Grace soon followed her father. 

 

Grace stood by the door as he watched her father got inside the car. She waved goodbye to him, and Gregory did the same thing. She watched as the car leaves the mansion.

 

"Your father has left?" she heard her stepmom say. Grace looked at her, and nodded her head. "You didn't say goodbye to daddy dearest. You know she would be gone for a long time." she told her. Carolyn smiled at her. "Dear, we already said goodbye. Plus, I'm not as sentimental as you." she told her, before leaving her alone. 

 

Grace could only roll her eyes at her stepmom. "Some kind of a wife you are..." she thought. 

 

--

 

"Xiao Yue, help me!"

 

Pets could see Grace almost falling from the cliff, trying to reach out for her. "Xiao Yue!" Grace called her again. Pets tried to reach her hand, but she couldn't. "Hang on, Xiao Xing... hang on..." she said tearfully. "I can't hold on anymore, Xiao Yue... help me!" Grace shouted again as she cried. 

 

As Pets was about to hold her hand, she saw Grace lose her grasp, and fell on the abyss. "Xiao Xing!" she shouted as she cried.

 

"Xiao Xing!"

 

Pets sat up on her bed after waking up from that nightmare. She took a deep breath upon realizing it was just a dream. She brushed her hair with her fingers as she took a deep breath. "Why do I keep having these nightmares?" she thought. 

 

--

 

"Everything is set."

 

He let out a smile at the younger man beside him. "You know what to do next." he told him. The younger man nodded his head. He looked outside the window as he waits.

 

--

 

"It is done."

 

She let out a wide smile upon hearing those words. "Tomorrow, you'll receive the good news." the voice added. "Good. Don't worry, you'll have a bonus from me." she said. 

 

She turned off the phone, and let out an evil laugh. "Finally! Everything is now mine!" she said before laughing again. 

 

--

 

Grace woke up the next day with the household in a panic. From the living room, she could see her stepmom crying. "What's wrong?" she asked one of the maids. The maid just looked sadly at her. 

 

She saw Butler Jin walking up to him with a sad look on his face. "Butler Jin, what's happening?" she asked. The older man looked at her in the eye, and put his hand on her shoulder. "Miss Grace, please be strong, all right?" he said. Grace gave the butler a confused look. 

 

Butler Jin lowered his head as he cried. "The helicopter your father is in crashed last night..." he told her. Grace was shocked upon hearing that. At that moment, she felt she couldn't move, or couldn't breath. Then, everything turned black for her.