A Day Off

Never Expected It to Happen

 

-KEVIN'S POV-
 
I woke up early in the morning. Earlier than usual. Not having the feeling to sleep. 
 
"5AM..."I mumbled to myself as I just sat on my bed,not wanting to open the blinds revealing the darkness. My blanket over my legs and my back against the bed frame. I stayed silent... half-sleepy. I wouldn't be able to sleep even if I tried. I suddenly went into a deep thought.
 
 It's been days since the whole cross-dressing incident happened. Hopefully it will just blow over my life. I really want to forget about it. It caused so many problems with I never expected. I brought my hand to my lips... My first kiss was was from Eli... He thought I was a girl, I can't really blame him. I'm straight. I am straight. Straight as a pole. No. Not a bented pole, a straight one... I mean, my crush is Jessica Jung for crying out loud! Thinking about the kiss and Eli made my heart pace go faster. My emotions begin to stir up inside,creating a new emotion for me...
 
 
Love
 
My heart pounded against my chest. My breathing was thin.I shook my head vigorously. Hitting my head lightly,thinking that it will get rid of the feeling. I lay down my bed,pulling my blanket over my head. That's it. I'm forcing myself to sleep.
 
-DONGHAE'S POV-
 
I sighed as I pour myself a cup of hot,steaming coffee. I'm at my mom's and Kevin's house. I live separately in another apartment, not near,but not far. I heard some noises at the stair and found a groggy Kevin coming down,his everyday clothes all messy. I chuckled at the sight. 
 
"Not enough sleep huh?" I pointed out.
 
"Shut up,hyung.I'm not in the mood,"He said slurring his words. 
 
"Sheesh,I was trying to lighten your mood. By the way mom's out at work," 
 
"I see..." Kevin lazily replies as he slumped on the dining room chair. I walked over at sat nex to him.
 
"Wanna tell me what's wrong?"
 
"..Jessica Jung.." his voice had a slight hint of sarcasm.
 
"Kevin,"
 
"Hyung, it's nothing. Nothing is wrong!" He said standing up from his chair,walking around the living room. I followed him.
 
"If I don't know then I can't help. There's got to be a reason why you can't sleep. I want to at least help my little brother,"
 
"I didn't ask for your help." He said it immediately,strictly. Kevin's giving me the cold shoulder.
 
"Well, you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, today." I said keeping a straight face. He looked at me, annoyed.
 
"Hyung.. I'll tell you what you can do to help..." He said it gentle but harsh. " Why don't you stay in Korea?! Why don't you live with us?! Why don't you help us pay for dad's hospital fees?! Why don't you be a little more serious in life?! Why ,hyung?! Why?!" Tears appeared in his eyes.  I just stayed silent. Yeah,why didn't I do all these stuff?I didn't notice that it was hard for them when I left... I caught Kevin opening the front door and walked out,slamming the door in the process.
 
I bothered him enough. I know it's another problem of his that doesn't involve me. But me bothering him brought up the problems with me that he kept inside. 
 
------------
 
-KEY'S POV-
 
My sigh echoed loudly in the empty house. I was alone at home while my parents took my little brother to a place I really don't care.It's a Saturday and I really have nothing to do. I sat up from my desk chair and looked out the windows surrounding my in my room. The sky was light blue color,going on what seems like to be forever. White fluffy clouds slowly,very slowly move. The sun shining brighter than ever,making it harder to look at the sky. I never really paid attention to the sky like this.. It's a beautiful day.. I glanced at the clock.
 
"2PM... I have time," I nodded to myself. I want to get out of this jail house. In the mood to visit mother nature.  
 
I went to my closet and changed into a plain white shirt with a red plaid semi shirt,leaving it . Finishing it off with normal jeans. I took the keys and phone from my desk and headed out,walking out into the sun. Breathing the fresh air outside,unlike the stuffy and dusty air inside. I need to go out more.. I looked down the road. Trees in a long line down both sides of the path. Spring has got be to the best season ever.. Not to cold nor not to hot. I walked further down the road,taking the scenery.
 
"Where should I go" I mumbled to myself. I just went out without really having a destination in mine. Oh..I know, the park. It's been awhile since I went to the park.
 
I was out of my neighborhood and walked into the main sidewalks of the city. Stores opened all around. People standing outside advertising,people walking their pets,  and couples holding each other's hands. There was a park near. In fact,right in front of my all time favorite bakery/cafe. I'll stop by there   for some snacks for when I walk around the park. I walked in,getting ambushed by the aroma of the shop. I observed the food in their places. Picking some bread with something sweet or something savory inside. After I bought my food,I went across the street, cautious of incoming cars. As soon as I reached the other side, I saw the park entrance.
 
Eagerly, I went in. Greeted by children laughing,birds flying,dogs barking,and many more. I started strolling around the park,eating my bought snacks. I'm really enjoying this time. I needed some time to relax and now I have it. As I walked, I took in every single detail of the park. The flourished green grass,along with some blooming flowers. Trees creating shade for people to rest in. The fountain and its elaborate structure. The water shooting out of the fountain in many patterns. 2 tall,3 short. Then it goes to a long big one shooting as high as the sky,surrounded with small ones. I smiled to myself.Loving the moment,I continued walking,holding my bag of leftover food. My legs got tired so I walked around the never-expected-it-to-be-big park to find a place to sit. 
 
"Hey!" I heard someone shout,but I didn't know if it was for me or not. I looked around to find the owner of the voice. 
 
"Key!" I looked behind me and saw someone waving to me. I ran towards the person and notced who it actually was. 
 
"Jonghyun? What are you doing here?" I asked.
 
"I was just taking a stroll. I saw you here and alone so I wondered if you wanted to walk with me," Jonghyun explained. I nodded,showing him that I understood.
 
"Well,actually I was looking for a bench to rest my legs," I pointed out. He chuckled and showed my the bench right beside him. I smiled and sat down. My legs instantly felt relieved. He did the same.
 
"You want some?" I offered,showing him the white bag full of food. He just smiled and nodded, mumbling a thanks. Jonghyun took out the food and bit down. Eating, he looked content. Must be starving. My chuckle grew into a laugh.
 
" What are you laughing at?" Jonghyun questioned.
 
"Haha, nothing. It's just that you look really really hungry. Like you were some starving homeless person on the streets. You know,minus the dirty look." I explained,wiping a fake tear from my eyes. He just scoffed and went in for another bite.
 
"So why are you at the park?" Jonghyun said starting a conversation,continuing eating.
 
"I just realized it was a beautiful day, so I decided to go outside. Plus,I was really bored at home." I said looking around the park. "What about you?'
 
"Same here.Also, I never really had enough time to come and visit a park." he answered," Come on let's go to the swings " he stood up and threw his trash into the garbage bin nearby. Landing right in the bin.
 
I slowly stood up, wanting to sit more,but he just grabbed my hand and pulled me to the playground area. There was a set of swings that was empty and no kids were there. An old swingset,perhaps. That must be why the kids are playing on the new ones instead of this one. Jonghyun took a seat and pointed to one right next to him. I smiled and took his offer. We started swinging softly and slowly. 
 
"You know.. I miss being a kid," Jonghyun brought up.
 
"Agreed," I said in dissapointment," Another birthday is like one step closer to death.." Jonghyun laughed. A composed laugh. His voice is really...soothing. 
 
We talked for some more. About our family,our interest, why do we go to a performing art school,what we excell in,and our birthdays.
I learned that he has 2 of his parents and a sister.He writes lyrics and plays the piano. He wants to be a singer like me and that he has an amazing voice. His birthday is April 8th, older than me. 
 
"Let's go to the shade, the sun is burning me," He suggested. I nodded,agreeing with him completely. Afterall,I do have to take care of my skin.
 
We went to a really big tree on a mini hill,laying down on the cooling grass in the shade. I laid next to Jonghyun,feeling completely at ease. My eyes closed and Jonghyun started singing. It was perfect.. His voice traveling with the cool breeze. He stopped for a moment. Even with my eyes closed,I could still feel that he's looking at me.
 
"Don't stop..." I directed. I can feel him smiling. 
 
"As you wish," He teased like I'm his master. He returned to singing, hitting each note right. His high notes gave me chills. And whenever someone singing gives you chills,you know it's good.
 
With that,I slowly fell asleep.
 
~~~~~~
Update~ No kyumin, sorry! you may kill me. You know..It's pretty hard to satisfy people with the otps like this. Sometimes its a lot of elvin and less kyumin,jongkey.Than its less Kyumin and more Jongkey, and Elvin. Then less Elvin and more Kyumin with slight Jongkey. XDDD I find it funny. But I can assure you that I'm trying my best to satisfy your needs of the otps. Also,a few more chapters and this fic is almost done! TT TT
hmm that's it for now~ bye!!
 
Comments=♥ No Silent Readers
 
~Dia is Out!~