Chapter 9

Reminisce (3rd of YunJae Trilogy)

Chapter 9

“Let me---Hmfff!” I struggled as few men dragged me deeper to the alley. I knew there’re bad people, I must free myself.

I used my feet and kicked one of them in stomach. The man let go of my arm as I knocked down the other man beside me. I rushed as fast as I could, leaving the alley. But one of them cursed and held me by my neck. I used my elbow to free myself. But in the meantime, another one punched me in my cheek.

Blood dripped from my mouth.

“Gimme all your money!” the man said as he laid another punch on my stomach. I used my fist as I punched him back.

I wasn’t dumb, as soon as I saw chance, I ran out from the valley, heading to more crowded place and they back of.

Damn it!

I cursed as I realized I left the bike at the alley. But hell, I didn’t want to get it back if I needed to fight all those monsters again. It’s not because I was coward, but from their tattoo, I knew they’re from some gang of yakuza. I didn’t want to get involved.

Stepping heavily on the cold ground, the sun almost set and I still couldn’t find my Jaejoong. I walked as I could feel the pain from the fight started to conquer my body.

I was in front of a ramen restaurant when I finally realized where I was. I was starving, and I tried to check my wallet. 

!

I cursed when I realized my wallet was nowhere. It must be the yakuza!

Without any choice I decided to go back to my hotel. But I stopped when I smelled the aroma. 

It seemed familiar. I rushed to the source and found a stand that’s selling variant of food. A mid-aged man was selling it. I walked closer and stared at the food. 

Seeing I was like hopeless homeless man, the old man asked,” What’s wrong? Don’t have any money? Did you lose your wallet?”

BINGO! He hit the jack pot; I asked why he knew it.

“Because you look like after beaten up by some yakuza…” he said as he let me sat on the seat, later on he brought me some food, he said it’s free. I ate it gratefully.

“You should try my new worker’s cooking, he cooks really well! Just wait for a few minutes, he’ll back soon…” the old man said. I just nodded happily. After all, this was the first happy thing happened to me.

Finally I gulped all the water as I finished eating. I felt better now.

“I’m back~” a cheerful voice caught my ear. I looked to the figure that’s talking to the old man.

If I was dreaming I wished I never woke up, because I would gladly trapped in this dream as long as I could see him again. Couldn’t believe my own eyes, I got up and went near him. 

I pulled him into my arms as I embraced him dearly.

Oh God! Thank You so much! I said in my heart.

“…Yunho?” the figure seemed shocked to see me too.

I looked at those eyes again, the round big eyes and the perfect shaped lips; the pointy nose and the flawless skin. I always adored it. He always resembled perfection in my eyes.

“I really miss you…Jaejoong ah,” I said as he blushed. I thought I would never see that again.

“You two know each other?” the old man gasped.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were in a park near the stand; I sat next to him as I held his hand. He seemed to be so silent.

“Jaejoong ah, I remember everything…” I said as he looked at me. I didn’t have any idea what he’s thinking; I hoped this would turn right.

“What happened…with your cheek?” he changed the topic as he caressed my swollen cheek.

“Some yakuza almost killed me…” I joked.

“That’s not funny…” he said shortly.

“Jaejoong ah,” I took his palm and put it on my chest,” I really really love you and I know you know that. I know I have made you so much misery, made you felt the pain for me. I’m sorry because I couldn’t protect you. I’m ashamed of myself…

That’s why. I don’t know if I’m asking too much or not, but I really want you to come back with me; we’ll live like we did few years ago. Just two of us in my apartment, everyday eating your delicious cooking, fooling around all day…Just two of us and nothing separated us anymore…

And…and, you can work at my company again, be a singer like you want to be…OK? That’s why, please come back with me to Korea…Please give me second chance...” I begged as I finally realized I was crying, the pain and everything, the love, were too much. I really missed him.

“Yunho yah,” he called,” I…I need time to think…”

“What do you need to think anymore? Do you still love me?” I asked.

“I…of course, I still love you,” he said as he finally on his tears too. I hugged him as cuddled him on my arm, doing things I always did when he cried.

“Yunho yah, I don’t know if---“ before he could finish his sentence, I silent him up by touching those precious lips with mine. He seemed shock but didn’t resist at all. Slowly I asked permission to enter and travel inside. We’re drowning in our long kiss as he showed each other how we missed each other.

“I really…can’t live…without you,” I stared at those eyes,” I love you…”

“Yunho yah…”

“No, don’t call that, call me like you always did…”

“But, Yunho yah…”

“Please, don’t…don’t…I…”

I was crying so bad because I thought Jaejoong would leave me again. I hated being this weak, but I just simply couldn’t help it. I was so in love with him. I couldn’t breathe when I knew he left, I couldn’t take the same pain twice. I didn’t want him to leave me.

“…Please, don’t cry, Yunnie,” he finally called me as he wiped my tears.

“…Joongie…” I called him back.

“It’s getting dark, let’s go to my flat,” Jaejoong said. I just nodded as he leaded me the way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s an old building, I could see some spider web, but as soon as I got into his room, everything was so tidy. He never changed, I love this side of him. Everything that seemed ugly could be turned into beautiful by his touch.

“Have a seat,” he said as he took a glass of water from the kitchen.

“Thank you,” I said as I drank all of it.

We ended up sitting across in silence. I wanted to start the conversation, but he did it first.

“Yunnie, are you really sure you still love me?” he asked in a soft voice. I couldn’t get his meaning; I just said I loved him, didn’t I? I nodded.

“Even though…I’m not like the old time…Even though I’m…imperfect…” he spoke.

“Jaejoong ah, nobody perfect,” I told him as I finally decided to move and sit next to him, I asked,” What’s wrong?”

“I couldn’t…sing…or dance…like old time,” he began to sob. I didn’t know what he meant.

“When…they hurt me…my voice chord was damaged…and…they…hurt my…knees…I…” he burst into tears. I couldn’t handle this. I told him, it’s going to be fine; we’re going to find the best doctor. But he kept crying on my arm.

“They also…left those ugly scars…” I couldn’t believe there’s still more. I caressed his cheek as I wiped the tear that flooded from those puffy eyes. I finally realized there’re vague marks on Jae’s wrist and also his collarbone. I didn’t know he was hurt so badly because of me.

“Yunnie, I’m scared, the nightmare keeps coming to me…” I felt like crying when I heard all of it.

“It’s OK. I’ll be here, beside you, so the nightmare won’t come anymore…” I ensured him.

“Don’t leave me…” he cried.

“I won’t ever leave you again,” I promised as I kept embracing him, tears also started to make its way to my cheek.