Part 9

Her Existence

"I swear I'll never drunk again~"

"Say it like you really mean it, Dahyun-ah!"

"I swear to my that I'd nev-"

"Leave out the -thing."

"Oh, come on, Dad!" I put down my arms. "It's just a bottle! Why you're so stingy!"

"It's not just a bottle!!" He erupts. "You made a mess! The kitchen is in a mess!" He points out at kitchen room's direction where all the meats, veggies, juices and all ice creams are laying out with massive ammount of floor everywhere like it is a magical crop in winter. "Your room looks a lot like war-zone!"

As I recall when I was awaken by their shouts, Nana-sunbaenim had gone and left me with all torn up posters of Twice, all dolls is missing their body parts, all merchandises are trumpled down on the floor and most of my clothes were thrown down from the balcony to the ground.

At least that poster was hammered for good. But this lecture with hangover is killing me!

"I'll clean them up, okay!"

"Oh, yes, you are!" Mom comes out with her best dress and full make-up face. "We are not coming home untill you send us some proofs that my house is in its best condition again!"

"It's my house too!"

"Then you should love it! Not vandalizing it!"

"What are you people doing?" Eunjung-unnie is looking at us weirdly. "Why are you kneeling?"

"Unnie!!!" I jump from the floor and stand behind her. "They're torturing me!!"

"What?!"

"Yeah, right, since when we have a normal family?" she scoffs then walking into the stairs. "I'm moving out today."

"Good." Mom coldly answers.

"Where you're moving out?" I ask.

"To my boyfriend's."

"Who's your boyfriend?" Dad's question stops Eunjung-unnie's step. "Do we know him?"

"Where?" Mom adds.

"To New York. You know him, detest him actually. Mr. Kim."

"WHAT?!" they shouts then running to her. "You can't go with him! He's bad! He's criminal!"

Eunjung-unnie stares at them pitifully. "Yes, he is. And I'm a mess. We are a match in heaven."

"Eunjung-ah!" Mom tries to grab her arm, but she brushes her off.

"Why is it matter to you who I'm going to live with? You threw me off three days ago! And I hate you both! You make me sick! If it's not for your dream to have this big house, those branded dresses, those jewelry, I would never get this sick!!"

"Hahm Eunjung!" Dad sounds so pissed.

"Yeah! I'm Hahm Eunjung! Not Kim Dahyun's sister!" she shouts back. "Perhaps you can explain why only me with Hahm and three of you are Kim? Why are you so badly want to disown me but you restricted me from anything?! You rehabilitated me, put me on counselings, prescripted me with many drugs just to call me an addict because only larger dose that works on me . . . If parenting is equal to manipulating their children to get what they wanted in their youth, guess what? I don't need parents!"

SLAPS!

It takes my breath away, seeing Mom hits unnie's cheek that hard and making her hits the wall.

"Un-unnie . . " I follow her who's leaving Mom and Dad at the stairs. She goes to her bedroom. "Unnie, don't go . ."

"Shut up, Dahyun-ah." She opens her nightstand's drawer and takes a passport, then she faces me. "Listen, I'm sorry for everything that I've done to you. I should not had met her. Not introducing her to you. It's my mistakes and I'm taking care of my own s."

"But you don't have to go, you know! Just stay! Please!"

"Stay and kill myself? Sorry, but I love myself. And you should do the same."

"But-"

"You can do the drugs, it's your youth anyway. But don't do it with Nana."

"What? Why Nana? What's wrong with her?"

She sighs. "I don't have time to explain. I'm too tired and my drugs is running out."

"Unnie!" I grab her arm.

She hugs me tight for a second. She looks me in the eyes. "I love you, y'know. And if you loved me too, move out from this house to your dorm permanently. This is hell."

"Unnie! Please, don't!"

"Bye-bye, Dahyun-ah. I love you."

*************************

Tonight's dinner is bitter. Mom is silently staying at the kitchen. Dad is blankly staring at the television.

Eunjung-unnie is right. This is hell.

"Honey!" Dad suddenly yells. "Honey!!"

"Yes?" Mom comes with her pale face and swollen red eyes. "What is it?"

"Watch this!"

Dad pushes the remote and the current news is broadcasted loudly in this small dinning room.

" . . The body was found near Apartemen OOX at 3pm this afternoon. From the information that officially is reported by authorized personel, the body belongs to Gina Jane Choi, 30 years old. The singer G.Na was shot to death on her head and chest with 9mm gun that was found laying beside of the body. The forensic cannot-"

And the face of the same lady that I saw yesterday comes out to the screen.

Even if her body has been blurred, we can see big amount of red puddle around the body.

Next thing I know, I vomit on the floor.