Part 10

Her Existence

"Welcome to our humble home!!"

"Remove your shoes! We just cleaned the floor and-"

"Let it go, Jeongyeon-ah."

"Here's some flowers for you!!"

"Your room is at the end of the hall and if-"

"Why don't we become roommate???"

"Yeah, yeah, Mina is a nice person, you know that, right?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah! We can just party and let her be!"

"You-"

"No can't do. Your room has already 3 person!"

"Then give me my only room like Dahyun."

"O~~~ someone is sooo cranky in the morning~~~"

"Shut up you ."

"Oouch! Don't hit me!"

"Ouch! Kyaaaaaa~~ Ouch!"

It is nice to know that they are trying their best to welcome me, but I can't even let out a word. There is no excitement build up in me but my lips smile at them.

Wow. Since when I could do this?

"Dahyun-ah," Jihyo-unnie pats my shoulder and then pulling my luggage. "Let me help you unpack."

"No, it's okay, unnie. I can do it alone."

"It's okay. Come on!"

In the contract, JYP gives us choices whether we agree to live in dorm or not. of course I chose no. I hate how people has no manner, touching people's things, invading people's privacy like it was nothing . . . But Eunjung-unnie is right. It is better than living in hell. Last night, Mom and Dad came to a conclusion that Eunjung-unnie killed that person. They were arguing on how did on earth they could give birth a demon like her, cursing her in front of me. And I thought: "That's it. I'm out of here."

Knock Knock!

"Hey, done unpacking?" JYP is standing in front of my door.

I shove the last clothes into the wardrobe. "Yeah. Thanks for giving me a room here."

"It's nothing. Let's start the party. They've finally done decorating and please~ act like you're surprise."

I laugh. "I can do that."

"Oh, and this is yours." He gives me my phone. "You left it on the hospital."

"Oh, thanks."

"And this is my gift."

I stare at a heart shaped key that he's holding and then he gives it to me. "I know you have a thing with your privacy. As a reward for doing your best at your counseling, and how you've been put up-"

I don't let him finish his sentence and just hug him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

I know it'll be handful to live here with the other members, but hey, I have my own room that I could lock anytime I want! And no one in this world, except JYP who has the spare or the technician guy who probably could break the door, can go inside without my permission! No one! . . . . . . Well, other people with stronger power could easily break it too, but hey, in this dorm there would be those 8 chitty-chatty girls, so I could breath my own air a little.

*********************

It's almost 2 months since the last time I saw Nana-sunbaenim. She comes today with Taecyeon-sunbaenim who asks me to join them in lunch at our cafetaria. Like I guessed, Nana-sunbaenim doesn't like much about the taste and cringe her nose everytime she takes a bite to the naengmyeon.

"Can I eat something else, oppa?" she asks desperately.

Taecyeon-sunbaenim who is inhalling his third bowl nods. "After this, I'll go get you some sandwich, okay?"

"The one outside the building. I don't want anything from this place goes to my stomach."

"I know, I know."

Right after he goes, I ask her. "Why you didn't call me? I thought we are friends!"

"How could I?! I don't have your number!"

I let out my phone and shove it to her. "Write it!"

She puts her number in. "Here. Sorry I don't contact you, things got out of control and I heard you'd moved to your dorm!"

"Yeah, things been hard for me, which I hope I could call you for another purples." I sigh. "Eunjung-unnie moved out that day. She got a boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?"

"Mr. Kim or Lim . . dunno." I can see clearly that she is shocked to heard it. "What? You know him?"

Nana-sunbaenim pulls out a black covered bottle and gives it to me. "Here. 250 pills. Hide them."

"What? You just give them to me?"

"You're going to need it more than I do, but use it wisely." She fidgets uncomfortably. "Listen. I was going under for almost 2 months, right?"

"Y-yeah?" I'm having a hunch that I won't like whatever she needs to say. ". I'm nervous. Can I pop one in first?"

"No. This is public area. You can't do here." I sigh. "I needed to be under the radar because my sister had died. She was murdered."

"O my god."

"And I know this will be a bad news for you, Dahyun-ah . . . because my sister is Gina Choi."

"What?!"

"And the investigations lead to your sister's new boyfriend, Mr. Kim."

"You accused her?!"

"No! No, listen up-"

"There are millions of Kim in this country, Nana! And you accused one Kim that has been going out with my sister?!"

Nana-sunbaenim is staring at me painfully for awhile before answering: "There is a footage of your sister leaving out a room, where my sister was murdered, with 2 men. One of them is Mr. Kim."

"That's a lie!"

"No. And at this same time, your sister is staying in New York. With all power that that man has, the investigations are stuck."

"I can't believe you-"

"Dahyun-ah!" Nana-sunbaenim holds down my hand on the table. "I like you. I really do. That's why I open all of this s to you directly. No one knows about this except the detectives, me, and then you. Even my parents are out of this. They are just accepting her death like it was no big deal, and I want to know why."

"You don't like me! You need me! To catch my sister!"

"No! I do like you! And like I've said, Mr. Kim is the big suspect! Your sister maybe just a witness!"

There is a loud silent that running thick in the air. I don't want to believe, but I know everything is matched! No need to be smart about this. That evening we left Eunjung-unnie with Gina Choi in the van. Next morning, Eunjung-unnie moved out to New York with Mr. Kim who my parents hate the most. And that night, the news of Gina Choi's death was heard.

"I don't want to help you." I shove the bottle to her.

"Yes, you do." She shoves it back. "I tell you what, I'll give you time to think and I won't see you except you want to see me."

"Well, perhaps I need to see you for a refill, not to help you!" I shake the bottle in front of her face.

"No. You'll see me because you need to refill . . AND, to help me find your sister. Because you love her and you want to fixed her status as a witness too."

For that I can't refute.

"You have my number now." She adds. "Let's catch this Mr. Kim."