Part 6

Her Existence

#DAHYUN's POV

The number you are calling is-

"Goddamnit!"

The number you-

"What are you doing?"

"Omygod!" I look at her angrily. "You scare me out!"

"Well, I have that magic. Or so I've been told."

"What are you doing here?"

"Playing with Taecyeon-oppa. What else?" Nana-sunbaenim looks doll-up today. Her make up is light and her nails with little decorative pearls are definitely gorgeous. "He asks me to visit you."

"Oh, great. I don't need another spy." I throw my phone to the bed, then myself to the couch. "Take your pick. I have many." I point at bunch of drinks, snacks, dolls and letters that are taking their own spot on the corner of the room.

She doesn't hesitate and starts to pick. "From your fans?"

"Nope. They will never know." I could have sworn that she scoffed at me. "What?"

"No~ I just recalling some memories from my hayday too."

I pout. "Bet you didn't have to be locked like this for a week!"

"Not for a week." She picks a small cotton candy then join me on the couch. "7 months."

"What?! What happened?!"

"Apparently, I was banging my head on the wall everytime I didn't feel good. And one night, I banged too hard." She flips her left side hair and a long strip of baldness shows. "9 stitches."

"Wow . . it must be hurt."

She starts to unwrap the cotton candy and eats it. "That's the catch. I didn't hurts at all. I still don't. But since I got bored at that place, I pretended to be okay. Taecyeon-oppa found out about it, but . . well, I guess we just clicked."

"Fell in love, you mean?"

"No. We're just hanging out ever since."

"Doesn't that mean you are romantically involved with him?"

"Not necessary."

"I don't understand."

"Don't be."

For a while, we are just staring at an empty spaces in front of us. Unmoved, except she's been eating cotton candy quietly and slowly. Until I feel my stress' back. "Damn. I couldn't reach my sister since yesterday."

"That's why you throw your phone?"

"Bingo, sunbaenim!!" I give her a fake excited reaction and she stares back at me. "Okay. No annoying reaction from now on?"

She sighs. "If I needed to see your fake reactions, I'd just see your vlive. Mission accomplished."

"Ouch, that's hurt." I sigh. "So, my sister's phone is being redirected everytime I call. It's like she's avoiding me and I need to talk with her."

"About what?"

"Some . . memories."

She stares at me but I pretend that I do not catch it. "What don't you just go to her shooting place?"

"Do you think I haven't thought about it? Hello, I'm Dahyun, member of Twice that have been dominating the kpop's world for the last 2 years and please just ignore the paparazzi, do you mind if I came to your shooting place because well, it's a secret but Eunjung is my blood-related sibling and I need to talk to her. Do you think I haven't imagining how JYP will going to beserk if he knew I'm not here? In this cage? Wonder outside with many people and their gadgets as their eyes??"

Nana-sunbaenim is watching me as I try to calm myself out. "I see the medication doesn't work well on you too."

"I'm not on med. They give me counselings."

She scoffs. "Like those could even surpress us."

I look at her, analyzing her cold expression. "Tell me, sunbaenim."

"Nana is fine. I hate bootlicker anyway."

"Okay . . Nana? Hmm . . what are your perscription?"

"On what?"

"The drugs."

She reaches to her designer's purse, letting out a small plastic bag fills with small purple pills. "Never seen them before, aren't you?"

"What's that?"

"The highest version of your current perscription." She pulls out one pill and shoves it into my right palm. "As a gift. You'll need it."

I open my hand, looking closely as possible to read the P letter on the pill. It looks a lot like a normal candy that I usually buy.

"I-I don't think I'm gonna need this-"

"Do you want to see your sister? I can drive you to her."

"What?"

"Take the pill. Then, I'll drive you to her." I stare at the pill. "I don't want your emotion taking control on you while we're sneaking out of this jail and ruining everything. Take the pill."

*****************************

#EUNJUNG's POV

"Family drama. What a life."

Mom went ballistic. She wrote some very hateful texts about how I have been ruining their lives, how miserable Dahyun in hospital is, and how cursed I am. From the direct calls via my manager's phone, she went on and on and on, about how I dare not show up in hospital for two days straight or turning on my personal phone and how she wished that I should just died years back.

Oh, if you haven't read it correctly, I did call her "Mom".

"Eunjung-ssi!" one of the PD calls me.

"Nee~" I shove back his phone and then walk fast toward her. "Yes, PD-nim?"

"I'm just so happy and grateful to you, Eunjung-ssi!" she suddenly grabs my arms in front of the production house staffs who are standing closer and watching me with smile on their lips. "You don't have to do this, you know??"

"Do what, exactly?"

"Oh, you!" She hits my shoulder playfully, then she guides me to the outside of the studio. "That! Why are you so sweet?? Giving us the surprise like this!"

My eyes goes bigger to the sight of three of big food trucks that are giving out meals to the staff, standing outside the studio with my face planted on their banners. First truck is tteokbokki, sundae and eomukk. Second truck is ramyun. Third truck is coffee and smoothies.

"Come on!" the PD-nim grabs my hands as we're walking closer to the trucks. "How many that you spent on these?? Don't tell me that the previous first episode's payment has done enough to bring these three here!"

I snap out from my confussion. "Ah~ don't mind it, PD-nim~ I know how hard you all have been working on the set, y'know~"

"Aww~ aren't you too kind??" she lets go of me and turns to the other staffs. "GUYS, LET ME PRESENT TO YOU, OUR FOOD TRUCKS FAIRY, EUNJUNG-SSI!!"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!"

I just go along with the atmosphere. I mean, wow . . Mr. Kim does his best to settle things down to my hands. And again, the new van? And then now, these trucks? He is a catch, huh?

"Please enjoy your meals~" I tell one by one staff that bows to me.

To make a greater impression, I stubbornly stand on the line with other staffs in front of the coffee truck. They bother me to go straight, of course, but it'd be a disaster if I did. This is the Asian do, modesty is the highest society law and fake reactions as keep smiling until your teeth rotting out and crying on cue is the best solution to everything.

"Hi," I greet the man behind the counter. "I'd like-"

"Iced white chocolatte mocha and small pumpkin pie, Eunjung-ssi?"

"Ah, no. I don't drink that in-"

"Oh, it would be a java chip frappuchino, then?"

I freeze. I've always used my manager to go buy a glass of java chip frappuchino ever since I landed on its CF. But actually I hate every drop of it! And there is no one in this world that know, not even my manager, that I prefer to a glass of iced white chocolatte mocha and being accompanied with a small piece of pumpkin pie to make my day.

Nobody knows. Except Gina.

"You know what? I'll take that mocha and pie."

Just like she's been told about me, she's taking out a tray with a glass of mocha and pie from the refrigerator next to her. It's already been done, like they were waiting for me to go to this truck. Like they knew precisely that I'd go to them.

I sit back alone at one table next to the director's team and on my straw as my left hand is cutting the pie in half, just to find a piece of paper stucks inside.

It has some number on it, which I know directly that its her number.