Like A Thread

Love Is

“Yah! What are you doing? You’re ruining the damn outfit!” Su Bin shouted in annoyance after seeing Jun Hyung using some needles to tighten the outfit further.

 

Jun Hyung backed away but was not in a good mood as well. He had his sunglasses on as usual, making his nickname as the ‘sunglasses man’ in the fashion industry. He was a well-known designer in the Korean industry and no one had the nerve to shout at him like that. He was about to slap her across the face but he withdrew his hand.

 

However, Su Bin was not insignificant as well. After being in the industry for only three years, she had shot up to fame when her latest clothing line hit the markets and drawn various experts’ attention.

 

“Hey look, little junior. I am in charge here. In case you have forgotten, Mr Kim asked you to assist me, not to take over and start running the whole plan by yourself!” Jun Hyung folded his arms while looking at her at work.

 

The reason Jun Hyung called her junior was because Su Bin was a junior when they both were in the arts school. Both of them studied in the same course by Jun Hyung was a year senior of her. They were acquaintances since then but never got close. In fact, Jun Hyun had a little crush on her but somehow, Su Bin ignored him when he was about to confess. Jun Hyung decided to shrug it off as arrogance and never contacted her since then.

 

Who knew one day they would meet each other in the same fashion design company and be partners?

 

However, the sense of awkwardness and slight hatred towards each other never disappeared.

 

Su Bin did not say a word. She just continued mending the outfit in the way she thought it would look the best. Jun Hyung was about to say another word to her but was cut off by her immediately, “Shh, don’t interfere.”

 

“Aish, you…”

 

When Jun Hyung was about to flare up, he noticed Su Bin had the measuring tape in her hands and she started measuring the size of the cloth and elegantly cut it to match the outfit. He was amazed at her professionalism at a young age and just stared in awe. He scrutinised her from head to toe. He also noticed her sparkling and deep-set eyes when she was working – definitely unique from other designers.

 

“Don’t you think this is so much better now?” Su Bin asked politely after working on the outfit and turned the mannequin around to show it to Jun Hyung. When Jun Hyung did not speak, Su Bin smirked and commented, “You’re embarrassed that a newbie is better than you, isn’t it?”

 

Jun Hyung had to agree that her idea was much better than his. However, he just roll his eyes and stated, “I’m only agreeing to this because Mr Kim wants us to work together to come up something for the fashion show held end of the month. You know I always work alone.”

 

“Yes, and I am not assisting you – we’re partners.” She claimed the title in proper, “Moreover, I don’t fancy your working style either, Mr Yong Jun Hyung.”

 

“Are you two quarrelling again?” Mr Kim stepped in and interrupted their little tiff, “I could hear you two from outside.”

 

“Pretty much.” Jun Hyung replied truthfully, “Mr Kim, I hope you don’t underestimate my talents for designing. Working with a newbie like her frustrates me often.”

 

Jun Hyung gave a slight glance towards her and noticed she was rolling her eyes. Jun Hyung gave out a small chuckle and thought to himself, this girl was more adorable than I thought.

 

Mr Kim stepped into the room and looked at the outfit. “The outfit is fantastic. It gives out the glow and fits the theme very well. However…”

 

“However?” Both of them asked in unison.

 

He shook his head and sighed, “There’s something missing from this outfit. It’s not the IT outfit.”

 

Jun Hyung and Su Bin looked down and pondered. Suddenly, both of them snapped their fingers together and exclaimed, “A rose brooch!”

 

Both of them turned to look at each other, fascinated that they came out with the exact same idea. Su Bin took the rose brooch that was lying somewhere in the corner of the room and placed it on the right hand side of the outfit. She smiled widely and stood beside Jun Hyung. Jun Hyung smiled as well to show agreement to the accessory.

 

“That’s it! That’s what I am looking for! Now the outfit is perfect!”  Mr Kim clapped his hands and placed his hands on both of their shoulders, “You see, I knew both of you are a perfect match together. You two are perfect for each other!”

 

Jun Hyung and Su Bin stopped smiling and a sense of awkwardness flooded in. Jun Hyung swore he saw Su Bin blushing from what Mr Kim had just said. It was the first time he had seen the ‘ice princess’ blushed with colour on her cheeks – and she looked even better when she’s embarrassed.

 

Mr Kim laughed nervously and said, “Sorry, I was too excited. What I meant was… You two work well with each other. Good job, you two can get off from work now.”

 

“Thank you, Mr Kim!”

 

Su Bin heaved a sigh of relief and sat down on the chair, massaging her sore neck, “Finally, the work is done!”

 

“What? You’re tired just like that? You’ll have heaps of work to do after this fashion show, little junior.” Jun Hyung teased and went closer to her.

 

Su Bin pushed him away harshly but the blush from her face never faded away. She gulped and looked away from Jun Hyung. Jun Hyung was baffled by her unusual behaviour but still tried to get closer to her to make up for the time he lost in school, “Su Bin, why are you backing away from me? And you’re actually blushing! You like me?”

 

“Yong Jun Hyung!” Su Bin became absolutely tensed and stood up, “What… What are you talking about?”

 

“My popularity has never declined since school, you know. I have many admirers since then; maybe you’re one of them?” He innocently and laughed.

 

Suddenly, Su Bin flared up and slammed the table hard which caused Jun Hyung to be dumbfounded at her temper. Su Bin raised her index finger at him and stuttered, “Look… Whatever happens in school stays in school. Don’t mention anything about admirers! I don’t like you, Yong Jun Hyung!”

 

“What?”

 

“Argh, I hate you!” Su Bin pushed him away and took her bag along with her towards the exit.

 

“Why are you getting angry?” Jun Hyung followed her and grabbed her arm forcefully, “Did I say anything to make you act this way? What did I say?” Although Su Bin was cold, she did not lose her temper easily. This was the first and Jun Hyung did not know why.

 

Su Bin refused to talk and faced away from him.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry, Su Bin for making such a joke. Can you forgive me?” Jun Hyung pleaded.

 

Su Bin was amazed and sniggered, “Yong Jun Hyung is actually begging for forgiveness. That’s a first.”

 

Jun Hyung sighed and looked apologetic, “Don’t kid with me now, Su Bin. Can you forgive me?”

 

Su Bin tried to conceal her happiness as she actually made such an arrogant person to plead for forgiveness, “Not that easy.”

 

“How about dinner together? I’ll treat.” Jun Hyung suggested cheerfully.

 

Su Bing turned around immediately, “I like samyupsal.”