Anger and Hurt Feelings

Guardian Angel Jonghyun

When the car stopped outside of SM's main building, Alina found herself too scared to move. What if they were waiting for her? They'd already tried to hurt her once, in which they had succeeded, she didn't think she could handle another attack in one morning.

 

She jolted in her seat as the side door opened. "Come along, Miss Alina." She was still shaking as she moved from the back seat and out into the garage. "We have to move quickly, other wise we will be surrounded soon." She nodded, allowing Choi to pull her into his side once more as he ushered her into another elevator along side of the five bodyguards. 

 

It felt like an eternity before they were ushering her into a room. Heart pounding in fear, Alina looked past Choi to find Jonghyun rushing toward her. His eyes looked as if he were trying to hold back tears as she ran into his arms, burying her face into the dip between his shoulder and neck. "I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry, Alina. You wouldn't leave me because of this right?" Tears fell from his eyes now as he hugged her against him. "They wouldn't do it if they knew how upset it makes me." Pulling away slightly, he takes her hand and leads her over to a chair. "Sit down." Alina slides into the chair while he walks away. The second he is away, her body begins to shake. 

 

Wrapping her arms around herself to try and smooth her nerves, she looked up as Jonghyun returned with a medical bag. "This might burn, Jangiya, but try to hang in there." Alina nodded, trying to sit still as he cleaned the cut on her face. "Alina I am so sorry. Please don't hate me," Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at him.

 

"I could never hate you, Oppa. I love you." His eyes widened as she confessed her feelings for the second time, bringing more tears to his eyes. 

 

"I promise I'll talk to them tonight and make them understand that they can't do these things to you." She nodded, but part of her feared that this would never change. They would always hate her for "stealing" their Oppa, but she also knew that she would never apologize for loving him. He was her whole world and she wasn't going to leave him just because of one attack.

 

Wincing in pain as her cheek began to burn from the peroxide he used to clean her cut, Jonghyun frowned. "I'm so sorry, Alina." She sighed, bringing a frown to his brow line.

 

"It wasn't your fault, Oppa, so please don't keep apologizing." He gave her a small smile as he put some ointment onto her cheek before moving to her arms to clean the scratches and minor cuts there. 

 

When he was finished, he turned toward Choi and furrowed his brow. "Since they found her in your apartment, Jonghyun, Mr. Sooman Hyung wants to move you to a safe house. That means you're going to be put on a small break. You two will stay in hiding until all of this blows over." Jonghyun nodded that he understood, but Alina looked at him with concern. He was being forced into break because of her.

 

"As long as Alina is safe that's all I care about." Choi nodded, glancing at the young woman behind Jonghyun with a smirk on his face. She was blushing deep red.

 

"I'm happy you finally found someone to make you happy, adeul." The two shared a smile, Jonghyun blushing almost as bright as Alina. Choi turned and walked toward the door. "I'll be outside by the door so no one will get in. Once we're ready to leave I'll come get you. Until then both of you should stay here." Jonghyun nodded his understanding before turning his attention back to his girlfriend. She looked so small and fragile like when she had been lying unconscious in the hospital. His heart squeezed in his chest, the ache he was feeling causing his eyes to water again.

 

The two meet each other's gaze before he scooped her into his arms and sat in the chair himself. Setting her in his lap, he cuddled her as if she were a small child. "I promise they won't touch you again, jangiya." He kissed her head, noticing that her color was starting to come back. 

 

"I'm sorry to cause so much trouble, Oppa. If I weren't here you would have an easier life, but instead because of me-" Jonghyun presses his lips against hers, stopping her mid sentence with a soft kiss. Moving his face away slowly, he looked into her eyes taking in a slow breathing .

 

"If it weren't for you I might not be here today." Alina looked at him as if he had grown three extra heads. "I never told anyone this, but that night, when I found you on the bridge." Her eyes widened. She tried not to think about that time often in terms of her having tried to kill herself. She only told herself that he had been her guardian angel, and even to this day he still watched over her. A sad smile brushed his lips. "Truth is, that night I had planned on ending my life as well. I had become drunk and was taking a final drive under the moon when I spotted you. For some reason I found myself compelled to pull over. So, if you hadn't been out there, Alina, I may have followed through with my own suicide." He leaned forward and kissed a tear that had slipped from her light brown eyes.

 

"Oh, Oppa. This world would be a lot less bright without you in it. Please don't ever think of leaving me." They both embraced each other, crying softly.