It’s Life

Guardian Angel Jonghyun

As they ran down the street, both of them giggling about the burst of freedom, Jonghyun slowed to a leisurely walking pace beside of Alina. He smiled at her, feeling as if he were just a normal guy walking beside his best friend. Not that he didn't love his life as an idol, but sometimes, he felt so closed in. 

 

"How have you been doing, Alina?" Jonghyun stuffed his hands into his pockets, the whole time keeping his eyes moving around them. He needed to put on a hat and sunglasses, but they wouldn't pass any stores any time soon. 

 

"I've been alright. Working mostly." She slipped closer to him, their arms brushing slightly as they kept a brisk walk. "I'm really happy we get to spend the day together, Oppa." she confessed, her cheeks heating with embarrassment, her eyes down casted to the ground. 

 

"Me, too, Alina." Just as he was about to slip his arm around her shoulders, his phone went off in his back pocket. Heart dropping into his stomach, Jonghyun pulled his phone from his pocket and looked down at the screen. It was his manager. "Excuse me, please." Walking away from her, Jonghyun put the phone to his ear, only to hear the angry voice of his manager screaming at him. "Manager Hyung, I'm alright. I went visit a friend." He hated how the company never let him out of their sight for too long. The minute they realized he was gone, they were fussing at him to get back. 

 

After he hung up, his ear aching from the scolding he had just received, he walked back over to Alina. From the look on her face, he knew that she could tell their day together was already done. "It's alright, Oppa. Really." His heart hurt as he watched her put on a brave front. The way she acted as if she had to be strong for him.

 

"I'll make it up to you, I promise." Reaching out, he tugged her against his hard body, wrapping his arms tightly around her. It didn't take long for her to embrace him back, but he could tell that she was disappointed. Quickly, he planted a soft kiss on top of her head. "Can I call you tonight?"

 

"Of course, Oppa. I'll wait for your call." Jonghyun could hear the sadness in her voice, but they smiled at each other none the less and parted ways. It didn't take long before a van stopped beside him, and the front door opened.  He glanced over to find his manager looking very annoyed. Bitting the side of his tongue, Jonghyun climbed into the van and shut the door.

 

Later that night, Jonghyun walked into his apartment, closing and locking the door behind him. "Aish, I'm exhausted!" Kicking his shoes off, he made his way into the bathroom and took a quick shower before fixing himself something to eat.

 

While sitting at the table, eating some noodles, Jonghyun's phone began to beep letting him know that he has a video call coming through. Picking the phone up off of the table, Jonghyun unlocked the screen and found that the caller was none other than his best friend Kibum. Accepting the call, Jonghyun was taken back when his friend began to scold him for his actions today. Jonghyun propped his phone against his glass of water and went back to eating.

 

"Yah! Jonghyun-ah! Are you even listening to me?!" the other male asked in annoyance. 

 

"Of course I am. Aish, Kibum, I had enough scolding from manager Hyung. I don't need it from you." Jonghyun wiped the back of his hand across his watery eyes, feeling as if no one was on his side.

 

"Don't cry, Jjong. I was just so worried about you." Jonghyun hung his head low, trying to shut off his tears. "Why did you run off last night and where exactly did you go?" Kibum spoke softly to him now, more worried about his friend than angry.

 

"I went to see Alina." Kibum nodded. That was all that his friend needed to say. 

 

"You know you can't sneak out in the middle of the night, pabo. What if some crazy fans jumped you and brought you to their dungeon of lust and passion?" The boys looked at each other with wide eyes at the image that took place in both of their minds. Jonghyun shivered. 

 

"Don't say such things, Kibum." he pleaded. Slowly he went back to eating, the boys talking about their time apart, how the concerts were going and their daily lives. By the time the boys got off the phone it was due to Jonghyun falling asleep with Kibum on the line still. 

 

"Good night, Jonghyun." The younger boy smiled at the sleeping face of his brother and hung up.