Bad Dreams Turn Into Sweet Moments With You

Guardian Angel Jonghyun

Opening her eyes, Alina found herself in complete darkness. Her heart was pounding as fear overtook her, leaving her feeling helpless. Lips parted, she called out to Jonghyun, but hearing no sound leave . Looking around, trying to figure out where she was and why she was all alone, Alina tried to calm her nerves. She had been with Jonghyun moments ago, on their way to a safe place, but now, she was all alone. 

 

As she walked on, trying to figure out where she was, the sound of footsteps reached her ears. Trying to find where the sounds were coming from, her heart was starting to pound rapidly inside of her chest. She was getting scared.

 

Again she tried to call out for Jonghyun, but nothing came out.

 

Running from the sounds of a stampede rushing toward her, Alina felt as if her heart was going to explode. All she could think about was how they were going to kill her and how she had to find Jonghyun. "Alina," His voice echoed from somewhere in the darkness as she ran for her life. Tears began rolling down her face as she stumbled, almost falling to her knees. "Alina." There it was again, his voice calling out to her.

 

Suddenly she stumbled, landing on her face. Pain shot throughout her body as she tried to push herself up off the ground. That's when she realized she was surrounded by people she couldn't make out. Their faces were all covered in darkness, but they were angry. She could feel their distaste for her rolling off of them like waves from the beach. "Leave me alone." she pleaded, only for them to begin attacking her. They started kicking her and hitting her. Some even threw things at her, all of them screaming for her to die or kill herself. 

 

Curling into a ball to protect her face, Alina cried out in pain, sobbing and begging them to leave her alone. They told her that she was just with Jonghyun for his fame and money. That he felt sorry for her because she was weak and pathetic and had nowhere else to go. Heart aching at their words, she began to cry harder, begging them to stop. She wasn't with Jonghyun because of his fame or money. She was with him because she loved him. 

 

"Alina." Looking up, Alina was back in the car with Jonghyun and his mother both looking at her with concern. "Thank God. You were crying and screaming." Alina grabbed onto to his shirt, pulling herself into the warmth of his body as she began to cry again. 

 

"They were trying to kill me, Oppa. Telling me that I needed to,"

 

"It was just a dream, sweetie. Your safe here with me, I promise." Jonghyun held her close to him, his hand moving softly up and down her back as he tried to comfort her. "You're safe." 

 

Once she was able to calm down, Alina looked around them, embarrassed that she had talked in her sleep in front of Mama Kim, only to find that they were no longer moving. Instead, they were parked outside of a wooden cabin surrounded by trees. The only sound that she could hear were birds tweeting. "Why don't you go on inside, and sit down. I'll help Choi hyung bring everything inside." Alina climbed out of the car and shook her head. 

 

"I'm alright. Let me help." Feeling determined to not be seen as a weak little girl, Alina walked to the back of the car and started pulling out boxes. She followed Choi into the nice sized cabin, taking his directions to the bedroom that would belong to her and Jonghyun. 

 

Inside the room, she set her box down and looked around. The room was bigger than her old room, complete with a queen-sized bed, fresh sheets, four pillows, a nightstand, and dresser. The walls were bare, but the room looked cozy. She smiled, opening the box and putting its contents away while Jonghyun brought in another box. She put their clothes away before moving to unpack her books and art supplies. Once she was done, she walked over to the room Mama Kim would be at and knocked on the open door. Inside she found Jonghyun helping her unpack. "Need any help?" she asked, smiling as she walked cautiously inside.

 

"That would be nice, thank you, sweetie." Jonghyun watched silently as Alina walked over to his mother and started helping her put away her books and pictures. "Jonghyun tells me that you like to draw, Alina." Glancing at Jonghyun, she felt herself blushing again. She hadn't realized that Jonghyun had noticed her love of sketching. He had always been so busy, she had never really shown him any of her pictures. He smiled apologetically and shrugged. 

 

"When you were in the hospital, I packed a few of your things from your room and came across your sketchbooks. You should show, Umma, your work. They're amazing." Blushing even darker than before, Alina went back to unpacking as if the topic hadn't been brought up. She was too embarrassed to show his mom her sketchbook. After all, it was filled with pictures of him that she had drawn. The fact that he might have seen them had her stomach fluttering with butterflies as it was. Showing his mom her "obsession" of drawing her son was something she didn't think she could handle.

 

"Oh, I would so love to see it." Alina fumbled the picture in her hands, almost dropping it. Quickly setting it down, she tried to pretend that she wasn't completely embarrassed by his praise. 

 

Once they were done unpacking, Jonghyun walked over to Alina and slipped his hand into hers. "I'm sorry all of this is happening to you." Alina turned so that she could be embraced against his chest, her arms moving to hug his waist. "I promise, it won't always be like this." Leaning his head down, he pressed his lips to her hair. She took in a breath through her now, inhaling his scent in the process. Her heart hammering in her chest, she nuzzled into his shirt, her ears turning pink as he chuckled. "Neo neomu gwiyeowo." 

 

Alina smiled. No one had called her cute since she was a toddler, and the fact that her boyfriend was the one referring to her as cute only made her ears hotter. "Saranghae, Jonghyun Oppa." She looked up, her chin resting on his chest, and puckered her lips, wanting a kiss. The act made Jonghyun smile, bringing his lip down, but stopping inches away from her full lips. Alina furrowed her eyebrows at his teasing, pouting slightly until he chuckled. "Aju gwiyeobda." Leaning down, he softly kissed her, bringing her heart into a happy flutter.