Restless Night

Guardian Angel Jonghyun

Picking up the phone, Jonghyun pressed a single number before pressing the dial button and bringing the phone to his ear. After having returned home to his empty apartment, all he could think about was how lonely he was without his friends. The rest of SHINee were overseas working on projects while he was home in Seoul working on his own concert. 

 

After the second ring, a soft sweet voice called to him in an innocent, "Jonghyunnie Oppa". Instantly a smile formed on his lips and his heart jumped in his chest. 

 

"Alina-yah. Did I call too late?" He was so use to getting only an hour of sleep a night that he just assumed everyone was on his time schedule. 

 

"No, it's alright, Oppa. I was up watching your music videos." At the sound of her shy confession, Jonghyun felt himself well up with pride. She was watching HIS music videos. Something about knowing that she was not only his friend, but his fan, made the young idol happy. "Are you just getting home?" 

 

"I've been home for a little while." Lifting his hand, he ruffled his hair, annoyed that he couldn't fall asleep. "I'm lonely. Can I come over?" He knew he sounded like a puppy begging for attention, but whenever he wasn't surrounded by s, he always found comfort around Alina. 

 

"O-of course, Oppa. But my dad is sleeping so you have to be quiet." She sounded so cute right now that Jonghyun felt himself become excited. 

 

"I promise I won't make a sound." 

 

After hanging up, he jumped out of bed and pulled on a black muscle shirt followed by a black turtle-neck sweater. Once his feet were clad in his shoes, he grabbed his keys and left. The walk to Alina's house was long, but the cold night air felt good on his warm skin. He had never snuck out to see a girl before, but Alina was just a friend. A fan, but a friend. They were each other's rock. Without her, Jonghyun didn't know how he would get through the loneliness of being by himself. 

 

Reaching Alina's home, he snuck around the house, and over to the back window he knew to be her bedroom. Jonghyun softly tapped his nail against her glass, hoping he was being loud enough for her to hear. The way her curtains opened caused him to jump, but he smiled brightly once her face appeared in view. "Oppa, you scared me!" She fussed, pushing open her window and stepping aside as he climbed through. He chuckled at the knowledge that he had scared her, but apologized nonetheless.

 

"Joesonghabnida, Alina-yah." She playful pushed him as if she were now annoyed with him, but that smile on her face told a different story. "Ya! What video have you been ogling me, you ert?" he teased, moving over to her bed and laying down in front of her computer. 

 

"I haven't been 'ogling' you, Oppa!" she cried, her face red even in the darkness of her room. Before she could close her computer, Jonghyun caught a glimpse of SHINee's live performance of Odd Eye. He smirked, feeling pride well up in his chest once more. "Did you come over here just to tease me, Oppa?" she asked, sitting on the bed beside him as he propped himself up on his right elbow. He couldn't help but smile. 

 

"And if I did?" Though he couldn't see her reaction very well due to the darkness of her room, he was pretty sure she had turned redder than before. "Don't be mad at me, jangiya." he pleaded, reaching out and dragging her down to a laying position beside him. Upon hearing her gasp, Jonghyun leaned down and placed his head against her hair, breathing in the scent of her shampoo. "Just let me hold you for a while, jangiya. Having you beside me is comforting." He nuzzled into her small frame, wrapping his arms around her and closing his eyes. It didn't take long for him to drift off to sleep. 

 

"Sleep well, Jonghyun Oppa. Saranghae." Alina closed her eyes, her hands settling on top his arms, and she smiled to herself. Funny how he thought her presence was a comfort, because everything about him comforted her in every way. He was her rock, and she vowed to never let him go.