Beautiful Tonight (Jongyu)

Jjongie Month

It’s another late night and I’m taking you home

The moon is big, it’s a full moon

If I let you go like this, I won’t be able to sleep for a while

w/c: 1.3k

Oh so Jonghyun’s trans, and pregnant, and Jinki’s nonbinary so ^^ I hope you like it

Jonghyun’s hand was small and cool to the touch curled up in theirs. The moon was high in the sky, the soft autumn breeze rolling through the small neighborhood, and the big hoodie was almost drowning his frame. The sleeve was bunched up just enough for Jinki to grab his hand, to keep it warm against their palm. They could have just borrowed Kibum’s car to take him home, but Jonghyun had wanted to walk, to have some fresh air. The moon was pretty he said, the breeze feels nice, please Sweetums can we, he almost begged. Jinki was a big softie and couldn’t say no to those beautiful eyes and pouty lips. “I could have carried my backpack Sweetums.”

Jinki glanced over with a little smile, hands swinging between them. “I know. You carried it all day, I just want to give you a break.”

“But your back.”

“It’s getting better,” Jinki grinned, pulling him to a stop as the walk sign turned to red. “You need to look where you’re going Baby boy.”

“If you didn’t have such a pretty smile I wouldn’t have been so distracted.”

“Oh, we’re blaming my smile now are we?” Jinki softly asked, tugging him close and brushing noses as their eyes softened. They pressed a kiss to Jonghyun’s lips, warm and slow, enjoying the sweet taste of his strawberry chapstick. “Are you sure it’s not your lack of focus, Baby boy?”

“Sue me, I have pregnant brain.” He stuck his tongue out, causing Jinki to laugh before pulling away because the walk sign flashed again.

“We both know that’s not a real thing.”

“It sure is!” He protested, brows furrowing as he tried to figure out the words to explain what he meant. He pouted deeply when the words escaped him. “Shut up! It’s a thing dammit.”

“You’re adorable.” Luckily this late at night, there weren’t many people out on the street as it would have been if it was during the daytime, but Jinki was still worried about Jonghyun walking home alone. Even before the baby they were nervous, but now they weren’t about to accept his reassurances that he could do it himself. Jinki was going to walk him home and make sure he was safe. “I can’t wait to have our own place. Imagine, a little space where it’s all our own.”

“Hopefully we get that apartment right down the street from the university. It’d be nice.. If we decide to keep them.” At the baby’s mention Jonghyun glanced down at his stomach, the small bump covered by the bagginess of the hoodie.

“How are you feeling?” Came Jinki’s soft question. “I know not wearing your binder was making you a little uncomfortable.”

“It’s getting better.. I’m still not sure how I’m going to feel about you know my s getting bigger for milk, or if we keep them if I want to feed, but I can go through my day at the moment and not think about being seen as too.. Feminine.” He stopped walking, causing Jinki’s arm to jar when their hands didn’t let go of the other. Jonghyun’s bottom lip was between his teeth, eyes downcasted,and worry bubbled up in Jinki’s stomach.

“Hey, Baby boy, what’s wrong?” Jinki’s fingers were soft under his chin as they gently lifted Jonghyun’s face.

“I haven’t told my mom yet.” Came the softly whispered confession. “I keep wanting to, but I know what she’s going to say and I don’t want it to sway what I really want. I know she’s going to say I should of terminated them, that I shouldn’t keep them, but I don’t know what I want yet, what we want yet, and just thinking about her being upset with me is enough to make me second guess everything.”

“Oh Baby, Shh,” Jinki’s fingers pushed into his hair, bringing his head against their chest. “We talked about getting an abortion very thoroughly. We were 100 percent sure in that decision. We knew this was going to be hard for you, but please don’t make it harder by second guessing these hard decisions we’re going to have to make.”

“She’s going to make me feel like an idiot for getting pregnant at all.” The sound of his voice made Jinki’s heart ache.

“I broke the . I got you pregnant.” Jinki swallowed thickly, “This wasn’t supposed to happen. We were careful.”

“But it did Jinki.”

“And we’ll handle it.” Jinki hummed, “Look up at the moon for me Baby.”

Even as he lifted his gaze he was pouting, “Why?”

“You wanted to walk home so you could see the moon.” Jinki was gazing at his face though, so pretty in the soft glow of the light. “That moon is the same moon we’ve always seen, even as the amount we see changes, as the position changes in the sky, it’s the same moon. The same moon you’ve always loved. You’re my moon.”

Jonghyun’s gaze slowly fell to meet Jinki’s, at their sweet loving smile, and he breathed out quickly, “What?”

“We’ve been through a lot, haven’t we?” When Jonghyun nodded, Jinki continued. “When we met you went by a different name and both of us different pronouns. We’ve found ourselves together. We made it through that, telling both our parents and friends. We’ll make it through this too. Whatever we decide.”

“I just-” Jonghyun’s bottom lip was trembling, “I love them you know, even now, I love them. And I want the best for them, but I’m not sure if that’s a life with us or with another family.”

“I love them too.” Jinki slowly smiled, palm pushing under the hoodie to rest against Jonghyun’s stomach. “What about living with us makes you unsure if you want to keep them?”

“We’re in college Jinki.” Jonghyun began. His brow furrowed for a moment before he continued. “Not many people would be too hip on two people with gender identities outside of the norm raising a child genderless.”

“Besides college,” Jinki pushed a strand of his hair behind his ear, “Is there a reason you don’t want to keep that that doesn’t have to do with what other people would approve of?”

The question gave Jonghyun pause, eyes falling from Jinki’s face to stare at the design of their coat. After a few moments, he softly replied, “No. No.. there isn’t.”

“They’re our Baby. It’s our life.” Jinki smiled brightly when Jonghyun looked back up at him. “As long as you know, whether you feed or not, return on hormones or not, get the top surgery you want or not, is all up to you, there’s no reason we cannot work to take care of this baby. They may have been unplanned, but as you said, they aren’t unloved.”

“Our life, huh?” He mumbled, thinking out loud. When he smiled up at Jinki, his entire face was open and bright. “You really think we could do it?”

“Yes. Complete faith.” Jinki bumped Jonghyun’s nose with their own. “Come, let’s get home. It’s a little cold, and we don’t have to have a set decision yet.”

After a while, Jonghyun was leaning his head against Jinki, their arm tight around his small body. Soon enough they were stepping up the front porch, pressing a kiss to Jonghyun’s hair. Before heading inside Jonghyun pressed up to kiss them. He stopped in the doorway and turned back, “Hey Sweetums?”

“Hmm?” Jinki’s eyebrows shot up.

“Thanks,” When confusion flashed over their features Jonghyun laughed a little, “For having more faith in me than I have in myself.”

“Always.” Jinki was so soft, leaning against the pillar next to the stairs. “I love you Baby boy.”

“I love you too, Sweetums.”

“Call me later~ You were really beautiful tonight.”

With pink cheeks Jonghyun replied, “I’ll call you, as always.”