Blinking Game (Jongyu)

Jjongie Month

Day 16 of jjongie month, and the sequel to I'm so Curious, friends to lovers au

No one knew we’d fall in love like this, You don’t even know How big my feelings are, Of course, of course my feelings are bigger, But you say you love me more, No I love you more

w/c: 1k or so

Jongyu go up into the mountains to celebrate their year anniversary alone without the risk of their friends butting in “wanting to hang out”

The fire was burning bright, light flickering against the wood of the walls, and the soft atmosphere of the cabin. Their dishes from dinner were on the kitchen island in a neat little stack. Their boots were by the door, snow from them already melted in a puddle around them, and their coats up on the hook. There was music drifting in and out of the rooms, a gentle sway from the record player on the kitchen table, one that Jonghyun had to bring up in the mountains with him. The curtains covering the patio doors were pulled back, showing the beautiful glistening snow, the expansive woods, and the moon shining bright above it all.

The two men were lounging in the big recliner near the fire, blanket over their entangled legs, and soft caresses as they nuzzled closer with gentle conversation. Jonghyun’s eyes were downcast at their hands, currently twisting around each other, “I’m really glad we did this.”

Jinki pressed his lips to his temple, keeping them there for a moment. “I really wanted to get away with you. It’d be hard to just be by ourselves for the entire weekend at home.”

“Yeah,” Jonghyun hummed, leaning his head against Jinki’s chest, “The others wouldn’t let us ignore them for that long.”

“You know, I never thought we’d fall in love like this.” Jinki softly confessed, voice warm and a little gravely with the doziness dripping into him. “When we first kissed, I had my doubts.”

“I didn’t.” He looked up with a soft, happy smile. He was warm and content all snuggled together. “I wasn’t completely sure with the strength of my feelings for you, but I knew they were special. I love you so much Jinki. I can’t believe it’s been a year already.”

“It seems like it went by so quickly, but,” Jinki ran his fingers through Jonghyun silver locks. “It also feels like we’ve been together for years.”

“We’ve known each other since we were kids Jinki,” He chuckled quietly. “I knew you when you were the awkward, shy music kid.”

“I’m still the awkward, shy music kid,” Jinki snorted. “Just older, with more body pains, and adult stresses.”

Jonghyun shifted a little, moving to straddle his lap and causing the blanket to scrunch up behind him. Jinki looked up at him with soft eyes, hands moving to gently rest against his thighs, and thumbs slowly caressing the bare skin. “Happy anniversary Baby. I hope you know the depth of my feelings for you.”

“I do,” Jinki’s smile was soft and easy, eyes squinting shut with how happy he was. “As long as you know I love you far greater.”

“Lies.” Jonghyun playfully stated, leaning down to gently kiss him. “We both know I love you more.”

Jinki’s hands moved up to his hips, smirk pulling at his lips as he moved to kiss him again. “Nuh huh.”

“Bite me.” Jonghyun pouted.

“Don’t ruin this soft moment by getting Kim Jonghyun.”

He softly gasped, patting Jinki’s chest with his palms. “You’re one to talk! Your hands are on my right now.”

Jinki shrugged. “It’s a nice , what can I say?”

“I love you.” The words were softly said, just a breath away from his lips. His fingers were in Jinki’s hair at the base of his neck, noses brushing as he leaned closer. “I never thought I’d fall in love with my best friend, but I’m really happy I did. You make me so happy Jinki. I know it’s only been a year, but every time I look at you I get so warm in my chest. Like I could see spending the rest of my life with you.”

A little embarrassed he pulled away, dipping his head into the crook of Jinki’s neck as he felt the man’s arms wrapping around him. Jinki’s lips were warm and a tiny bit damp as they brushed against his neck. “I love you too Baby. Don’t be too embarrassed Jonghyunie, I find myself thinking about those kind of thoughts often.”

“God, we’re saps.”

“We’re just soft, okay?” Jinki mumbled with a little laugh, holding Jonghyun tightly. “Here’s to many more anniversaries together Baby.”

He pressed his nose into Jinki’s neck, eyes fluttering closed. “Yeah, to many more.”

—–

The snow crunched under his boot as he stumbled from the blow. He turned with wide, surprised eyes as the snow fell from his coat. Jonghyun was giggling from behind his glove, his eyes crinkling with how amused he was. “How dare you!”

“Gotcha!”

“Oh you’re so on.” Jonghyun squealed as Jinki lowered to scoop up and form a snowball. He threw it toward him, but Jonghyun dipped around the car. “Cheater~”

“Just smart.” He hollered before dipping his head behind the vehicle again.

Besides the gentle breeze and the leaves rustling silence fell. He hesitantly peeked around the car, confused when he didn’t hear or see Jinki anywhere. Then the snowballs hit him in the back. Three landed in rapid succession. Jinki’s loud laughter was heard before he even turned around, but it stopped when the last landed straight in his face. Complete panic flashed over Jinki’s expression. He rushed forward, wiping Jonghyun’s face quickly, but the touch was soft. “Oh, Baby I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hit your face Baby.”

Jonghyun looked up at him with a blank expression for the longest time before his face scrunched as he sneezed. He cutely said, “It tickles.”

Jinki frowned deeply. “You’re all red Baby. Let’s go inside.”

“I’m okay! I wanna make a snowman.”

“Baby…”

With a deep pout, Jonghyun asked. “Please?”

It wasn’t long before Jinki gave in. “Fine, but if you keep sniffling we’re going inside.”

Jonghyun beamed and tugged him back around the car by his wrist. “We gotta take a picture with it once we’re done.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah,” Jonghyun fussed with the perfect spot for the snowman. “Our first family photo.”

“Ah, our first child is made of snow. Perfect.”

Jonghyun turned and stuck his tongue out at him, face scrunching up rather cutely. “Shut up.”